Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Im keeping the forum running

Cruizin

So, when Yamaha announced that the T7 was going to be a 2021  model in the USA, I about flipped my lid. I dumped some money into building this forum and it also costs monthly hosting and such.  But hey, that's the risk of starting a motorcycle forum for a bike that hasn't come out yet. 

I'm not gonna shut this forum down, I'm gonna keep it going for everyone in Europe and Australia to enjoy and use. But, to help pay for things I will have to put some ads up. Nothing major, your typical banner at the top and one on the bottom of the pages.

Ill also offer an ad free premium member option eventually. 

So, you blokes over the pond, please buy your  Yamaha T7's and post pics and ride reports to drive us Americans and Canadians crazy with, ok?   We will live out Tenere 700 T7 dreams thru you. 

I think Yamaha are crazy - 2 more years to wait????  Why on earth.  I think its a huge marketing mistake.

Cruizin, thanks so much for this forum, but Yamaha have just given the rest of the market 2 years to beat them to the punch.  Completely idiotic!!  I can't believe it...

2 hours ago, prwatts said:

Cruizin, thanks so much for this forum

I second this! Perhaps I was being unrealistic (wouldn’t be the first time) but between the wet weight and the time wait, the T7 isn’t looking very doable for my needs ? 

3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

So, when Yamaha announced that the T7 was going to be a 2021  model in the USA, I about flipped my lid. I dumped some money into building this forum and it also costs monthly hosting and such.  But hey, that's the risk of starting a motorcycle forum for a bike that hasn't come out yet. 

I'm not gonna shut this forum down, I'm gonna keep it going for everyone in Europe and Australia to enjoy and use. But, to help pay for things I will have to put some ads up. Nothing major, your typical banner at the top and one on the bottom of the pages.

Ill also offer an ad free premium member option eventually. 

So, you blokes over the pond, please buy your  Yamaha T7's and post pics and ride reports to drive us Americans and Canadians crazy with, ok?   We will live out Tenere 700 T7 dreams thru you. 

Cheers mate

not sure what I’m going to do now, I absolutely love the look of the bike but the weights just a bit more than I would have liked, the seats height is a touch higher than I would have liked, the fuel tanks a bit smaller than I’d prefer, the very basic looking dash is not appealing at all and the wait is going to kill me as I’ll kill my DRZ before then averaging 5-600km per weekend if I don’t get something soon.

Theirs enough power for off road but on road I’d like a bit more excitement but it would have done but with all the other little let downs  Ill see what else gets announced over the next few days and I’ll do some research into the specs of other options.

1 hour ago, prwatts said:

Guys, I would like to join as a Premium Member.  How do I do that?  Peter, UK

Im working on setting up the premium member payment system, working out pricing and stuff. Ill let you know when it is ready! 

Archived