Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Well, I have some bad news...

Fabros

• Premium Member

It is said that the Tenere will be delayed in Europe. The release will probably be in the last quarter of 2019. 

Some supplier are having problems, I have been told. 

So, here in Scandinavia we probably get to enjoy the bike for a month or so before the snow falls down...

Fabros

It's hard to believe, but nothing surprise me anymore after waiting for production model for two years,  that's bad.:classic_sad:

Sad but not surprising. Something is going on, hopefully for the better. I think it will weigh less than 205kg because they chose to remove that information.

The one who is waiting for something good ... as they say.

I have not heard or seen any other postings about delay in delivery in Europe. Fabros do you know how certain they are in their delay statement? I will ask my dealer this week if they have heard anything - but it would sure be a bummer after all this wait. May have to go test drive the husqvarna 701 then which is same price here in Denmark.

• Premium Member
On 11/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, Hornlund said:

Sad but not surprising. Something is going on, hopefully for the better. I think it will weigh less than 205kg because they chose to remove that information.

The one who is waiting for something good ... as they say.

Yeah, and the bike is removed from the front page of the Norwegian Yamaha site, as well. 

On 11/20/2018 at 10:21 AM, EzzySurf said:

I have not heard or seen any other postings about delay in delivery in Europe. Fabros do you know how certain they are in their delay statement? I will ask my dealer this week if they have heard anything - but it would sure be a bummer after all this wait. May have to go test drive the husqvarna 701 then which is same price here in Denmark.

No, it is quite "unofficial". I have been told that some supplier of vital parts has gone bankrupt, and Yamaha is working on a solution. 

Well, I might have to go 790R or 850GS, then...

Fabros

spoke to dealer in denmark and they still said june 2019 delivery. However, they also said there was talks about Yamaha giving a 'free' upgrade package for people who would make an early commit and that they would know more within a month or so. One could assume from this that Yamaha need to get customers committed who would otherwise go elsewhere due to late delivery? Well - I will not make an early commit as i want to see the bike and test drive it. There are so many other options that are available for 2019. 

• Premium Member
On 11/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, EzzySurf said:

spoke to dealer in denmark and they still said june 2019 delivery. However, they also said there was talks about Yamaha giving a 'free' upgrade package for people who would make an early commit and that they would know more within a month or so. One could assume from this that Yamaha need to get customers committed who would otherwise go elsewhere due to late delivery? Well - I will not make an early commit as i want to see the bike and test drive it. There are so many other options that are available for 2019. 

We´ll see. They might make an official statement soon. 

Fabros

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, Fabros said:

It is said that the Tenere will be delayed in Europe. The release will probably be in the last quarter of 2019. 

Some supplier are having problems, I have been told. 

So, here in Scandinavia we probably get to enjoy the bike for a month or so before the snow falls down...

Fabros

I just placed an order on a T700 today and the dealer told me they have been advised delivery to UK in Feb 19 ...

Archived