Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Torx head bolts on T7 panels

TimeMachine

A close look at the Tenere 700 photos at EICMA shows torx head bolts used on all the cover panels. I have no idea why Yamaha would do that but I hope they are allen head bolts by the time we get them delivered to dealers.   

Torx2.jpg

Torx3.jpg

Torx1.jpg

I actually like Torx heads better, they dont strip out as easy as phillips heads or nut heads. Todays soft ass metal screws and screw heads strip out so damn easy, I like the Torx heads and have torx drivers. 

But with that said, they probably did it so more people take their bikes to the dealers. 

• Like 1

I worry about torx head bolts. The fit is never tight like allen head bolts. And it doesn't make sense to have both on the one bike because then you need to carry two sets of tools.

• Premium Member

I also like Torx. The bits are always a perfect fit, and I have never stripped a Torx head. 

Fabros

55 minutes ago, Fabros said:

I also like Torx. The bits are always a perfect fit, and I have never stripped a Torx head. 

Fabros

My torx don't fit like that. Maybe I need to buy better quality tools... :classic_sad:

• Haha 1

I like them hybird torx bolts... you can either use a torx bit or socket...

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• 4 years later...
27 minutes ago, mcbrien said:

Where do you get replacement bolts like these?

Get a bolt pack for a KTM enduro

Very similar fastener 

Doesn't anyone sell a bling stainless replacement kit yet?

And torx fastners are dirty, fact

There is a world wide shortage of Torx head bolts because they have all been taken up in the T7 OEM rear mud guard. If you buy a tail tidy to replace your OEM mud guard, then you will have a huge supply of bolts for future use.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

There is a world wide shortage of Torx head bolts because they have all been taken up in the T7 OEM rear mud guard. If you buy a tail tidy to replace your OEM mud guard, then you will have a huge supply of bolts for future use.

So true!  I have a bag of left over screws from my Camel tail tidy!!

image.jpg

• Like 1