Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

While your waiting...

XTJD

Hey everyone,

I've been almost completely absent on here since the crushing news back in the beginning of November and I'm still quite heartbroken, haha.  Wow, I want this bike, but waiting this long is such a bummer!

I am ready for a new bike this spring, and since the Yamaha T7 is not ready, I'll be looking elsewhere, maybe new, maybe used, maybe one of those Rally Raid kits on a bike, I don't know yet.  

What are your plans? Anyway going to be getting another bike in the mean time?  If so, what are you thinking?

3 hours ago, XTJD said:

Hey everyone,

I've been almost completely absent on here since the crushing news back in the beginning of November and I'm still quite heartbroken, haha.  Wow, I want this bike, but waiting this long is such a bummer!

I am ready for a new bike this spring, and since the Yamaha T7 is not ready, I'll be looking elsewhere, maybe new, maybe used, maybe one of those Rally Raid kits on a bike, I don't know yet.  

What are your plans? Anyway going to be getting another bike in the mean time?  If so, what are you thinking?

I’m in exactly the same situation , then again a lot of us are.

As per my other post I rode to the city dealer earlier in the week to see what tickles my fancy in either a short term bike or a permanent one instead of the T7 but nothing apealed at all.

im only after an adventure bike as I like the option of going off road and with the condition of our roads deteriating my last road bike was never as pleasant to ride and a softer suspension ride.

At this stage I’ll just keep plugging away on my DRZ unless maybe something comes along second hand that’s a bargain buy to fill in the time. 

• Members

I'm going to keep riding my 950 Adventure and keep it going as long as I can. I'm also going to use either use my 390 Berg as more of a lightweight dual sport or possibly get rid of it and build up a Husky 501 for that purpose. 

I can't see any better adv bike for me, so I'm going to wait for T7. I thought about other options like Husqvarna 701 Enduro, but maybe, it's worth to wait for T7. Meanwhile, I'll be watching videos with Teneres, lol,:classic_tongue:

https://youtu.be/_ORAfLjHwgI

While we are waiting, you guys should go pick up a used 15 fz07 and have some fun getting to know the Tenere CP2 engine. Take it carving, lean it low its light and fun. When you sell it for your tenere, you'll know your throttle and rpm responses. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Everyone.  I went ahead and picked up a used DR650 for a steal in great shape that I'm going to convert into a stellar ADV bike.  I look forward though to when I can get the T7 in a couple of years!

• Members

Nice. Surprisingly I've never given the old DR650 a ride. I really liked the DRZ400 I used to have though. 

• Members
On 12/2/2018 at 8:02 PM, Cruizin said:

While we are waiting, you guys should go pick up a used 15 fz07 and have some fun getting to know the Tenere CP2 engine. Take it carving, lean it low its light and fun. When you sell it for your tenere, you'll know your throttle and rpm responses. 

Yep. Not sure if I'll be able to sell my 07 though. Might just need to find more room in the garage :). 

Archived