Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Price announced

Cruizin

I wish I shared your enthusiasm about the price. Here in Singapore, we have crazy taxes and fees when it comes to the purchase of a motorcycle. If I took that price range and converted it to SGD, it should have been around $14k.

However, we have several additional fees that bump the price to ridiculous levels. For instance, a certificate of entitlement (COE) that allows us to own a vehicle for up to 10 years. This COE fluctuates from $3k to $8k SGD. Should we wish to continue owning the vehicle, we must apply for another COE but at the prevailing quota premium which is the average of the past 3 prices. 

Then comes the additional registration fee (ARF) which takes on a percentage of the open market value of the vehicle. My estimates peg it at around $5k.

Then we have road tax and insurance which is another $1k at most.

Adding that all up, we have the machine at around $25k SGD or about $18.5k USD.

Sad but true story...

On 3/1/2019 at 4:37 AM, Cruizin said:

Looks like bikes will be in dealers in September. Funny, this forum is so dead as there are no bikes yet. In a year, it will be busier.

Then when it hit's the USA, this forum will be slammed. 

Pre-ordered ones will come to dealers till 15th of July.

Pre-ordered bikes will be delivery in July here in Europe.

Some weeks ago they said september but Yamaha have decided to deliver the first bikes to customers that have pre-ordered instead of the dealers getting the "first" arrival bikes as demo bikes.

Australian price released today $15499 plus on road costs 😁

delivery december 2019😢

I'm in the UK.  Sorry I just saw this long-awaited info now.  I immediately wrote my dealer because I paid a deposit back in December 18, so I'm champin' at the bit and summer is coming.  If the bastids give it to us at the end of summer that will be cruel and unusual punishment....

I will tell you what he sez.

Hahaha I just checked Yamaha-Motor.eu and there are 2 accessories for the T7: a tool kit and led blinkers.  Seriously??? ... it's a joke.  Still no darn WEIGHT  grrrrr

BTW the ADVRider post mentioned "Standard Version"  what else is there??? Does anyone know, pleeeeze.  🙏  I want Ohlins and Acrapovic and Carbin Fiber and switchable maps.   Like Katoom....  😍

Hi guys,  I just spoke to my dealer, Arnolds in Burton upon Trent.

UK price £8699

However Yamaha are going to launch the online ordering system on the 27th March at 1pm CET, and you stand a chance of getting the bike at a special launch price they are offering which will be £8399.

Only the Standard Model initially available.

Accessories will be released at the same time.

Delivery not before September 2019

Originally when I paid me deposit I was told Q1 or Q2 2019

23 hours ago, T700 said:

Australian price released today $15499 plus on road costs 😁

delivery december 2019😢

I am happy with that price. There is little to add to the 700 except to lower the weight. Maybe pipe, battery and strip a few parts, which makes it relatively cheap in the adventure market. 

And in Australia that price is around $6000 less than the 790R ride away at $22695. Even the new KTM 690 is more expensive at $17595 ride away.

And just for interest, here is what I did today near Beachport SA on my 650. Looking forward to this on the Tenere.

[Edit] Did the ride from Beachport to Rope and back on my own. Don't try that on your GS800, GS1200, 1090, 1290, Tiger whatever. You will need something lighter like SWM, KTM 690 or full on dirt bike. I think this is where the Tenere 700, KTM790 will find that middle ground, big enough to tour long distance but light enough to enjoy the destination when you get there. 

20190308_091620.jpg

20190308_095351.jpg

20190308_124101.jpg

On 3/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, TimeMachine said:

I am happy with that price. There is little to add to the 700 except to lower the weight. Maybe pipe, battery and strip a few parts, which makes it relatively cheap in the adventure market. 

And in Australia that price is around $6000 less than the 790R ride away at $22695. Even the new KTM 690 is more expensive at $17595 ride away.

And just for interest, here is what I did today near Beachport SA on my 650. Looking forward to this on the Tenere.

[Edit] Did the ride from Beachport to Rope and back on my own. Don't try that on your GS800, GS1200, 1090, 1290, Tiger whatever. You will need something lighter like SWM, KTM 690 or full on dirt bike. I think this is where the Tenere 700, KTM790 will find that middle ground, big enough to tour long distance but light enough to enjoy the destination when you get there. 

20190308_091620.jpg

20190308_095351.jpg

20190308_124101.jpg

I stayed at a Robe caravan park the day after you rode it on my way home from Adelaide on my DRZ 400, I was hoping to do some beach riding but time and a very worn out front tire had me going home early, I hope to do that track in the next couple of months in preparation for a Simpson Desert crossing in a few months time.

i totally agree on the bike size and I’ll be holding onto my DRZ for the more technical stuff and using the Tenere for everything else

On 3/10/2019 at 8:54 AM, T700 said:

I stayed at a Robe caravan park the day after you rode it on my way home from Adelaide on my DRZ 400, I was hoping to do some beach riding but time and a very worn out front tire had me going home early, I hope to do that track in the next couple of months in preparation for a Simpson Desert crossing in a few months time.

i totally agree on the bike size and I’ll be holding onto my DRZ for the more technical stuff and using the Tenere for everything else

Shame I missed you. I did see some bikes on the beach on the Saturday morning but they were heading for the sand dune club.

That track has the dunes and a few spots that will be good practice for the Simpson. It's hard to find sandy tracks in Victoria, which is one reason why I go to Beachport to ride. Open sand dune is easy, its the ruts that you need to practice. Another good place is the border track on SA/VIC border.

4 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Shame I missed you. I did see some bikes on the beach on the Saturday morning but they were heading for the sand dune club.

That track has the dunes and a few spots that will be good practice for the Simpson. It's hard to find sandy tracks in Victoria, which is one reason why I go to Beachport to ride. Open sand dune is easy, its the ruts that you need to practice. Another good place is the border track on SA/VIC border.

Cheers mate yes the border tracks on my list to do also, I live only a couple of hundred meters from some sand dunes in Victoria and look at them everyday but am not allowed to ride anywhere near them, there is one track I can ride only about 1km long which I practice on but it gets repetitive going up and down the same K 

• Premium Member

132.900kr in Norway. With a lot of taxes. 🙂 

Fabian

Archived