Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Why still no official Weight Wet/Dry?

prwatts

Any thoughts on this?

I wonder why the factory has not published a weight - they must have a good idea by now.

Is there some strategic thing we cannot foresee?

Maybe their supply chain does not have all the plastics yet - eek !!

Peter

205 kg wet. Apparently without chain guard, chain guide and registration plate holder - these are optional accessories. I guess that these accessories would add another 1 kg and $300. It's a pity.

What's next? Seat, wheels and engine as an optional accessories?

13 hours ago, prwatts said:

Any thoughts on this?

I wonder why the factory has not published a weight - they must have a good idea by now.

Is there some strategic thing we cannot foresee?

Maybe their supply chain does not have all the plastics yet - eek !!

Peter

Maybe they used up all of their marketing budget with all of those hype videos the last two years? 

They have marketed it more the last two years than they have this year, the release year!

I dunno, maybe they are still tweaking the bike? 

7 hours ago, prwatts said:

Or maybe its bad news and the bike is heavier than we want  😞  I agree that there should be an R Version, too

I blame this on the ADV guys who dont really ride offroad, and want a dirtlooking bike that is comfortable on the road, so they gotta add a bunch of stupid street bike shet to it, which makes it heavy. 

People stand up on the pegs on dirtbikes for a reason. Balance yes, but also because dirt seats hurt after a while. 

Hopefully they make a "D" version. For those who will be taking it offroad a lot. Like me. 

About 425# wet... My stripped down MT-07 is 380# wet( OEM was approx 405# wet) but the biggest difference is way heavier suspension on the T-7 and stronger/beefier frame, skid plate, bigger dash board equip... you can remove unneeded stuff such as the extra reflectors, AIS system, replace battery with LiPo... If the T-7 has an aftermarket exhaust you can expect about 10-12# weight saving over an OEM exhaust found on the MT-07

Edited by norcal616

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Yamaha Spain informed that the Tenere700 is 180 kgs dry and 198 wet - superbe.....!

That means around 195kg with the Akrapovic-pipe.

Edited by deandy

Hello deandy.

Yamaha Spain informed whom? When? Where? URL or some other proof? Sounds too good to be true.

Edited by tam

I just had a look at the Spain Yamaha website, and with general dimensions on their spec page for the Tenere 700 there was no weight added.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/es/es/products/offroad-motorcycles/adventure/t-n-r-700/techspecs/

I would have thought if they made a national announcement on weight it would be updated on their website before the announcement, but I may well be wrong.

It's posted on the facebook-site for the new tenere700 - you'll find it there.

Otherwise i can post the foto later today.

At the beginning of may the press will get their T700 for testing - then Yamaha will release all informations officially.

Edited by deandy

Instead of being sulky, you could just post the link where you got this information from. PLEASE.

• 2 weeks later...

180kg or 396 lbs dry is pretty good!

Add 4.2G fuel @ 6 lbs/gallon, 0.8 Gal Oil @ 8lbs and half gallon of coolant @ 8.5lbs and we add approximately 36lbs.  The wet weight should be under the estimated 200kg.   (20kg = about 44lbs)

432lbs is about the same as my old KLR650 wet weight.  I'm betting we could drop anywhere from 10-25lbs if the FZ-07 weight reductions are anything to go by.  I'm pretty excited for this one.  I'm sure the final weight will vary a little by region and dependent on emissions, etc.

• Like 1

The CP2 motor has TORQUE to pull stumps 😋

• Thanks 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Hi! Guys, I'm new here and soon owner of the T7 in South Spain, the factory told me that the expecting wait for the model is about 187 kg I suppose this is all so dry weight, but it's some stuff nothing is really official until the bike is on the market already, so we will have to wait a little bit until we have it in our hands.... I'm so excited!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, norcal616 said:

The CP2 motor has TORQUE to pull stumps 😋

That might be so, but it has a weak gearbox and drive train and chassis, to say the least! Pulling stumps is way out it's design brief. :classic_biggrin:

"low 180"... "about 200"... so they don't know, or don't want / are not allowed to tell.

Edited by tam

Lot's of  misinformation and multiple answers to the same question regarding weight. Even the KTM 790 has a lot of people with different opinions and that bike has been available for weeks. The truth on the KTM as far as I can tell is that it is 210kgs fully fueled. A guy weighed it on commercial scales, check out the video on YT to see it for yourself. Every other post on the KTM 790 is just claimed using bath scales or simply repeating what someone else said. To get the 790 to 205kgs (according to this guy) requires the Akra, the LiPo battery, and remove pillion pegs.

Now to the T7! We don't know the exact weight yet. The original figure of 205 kgs came from Yamaha on one of their web sites I think but was subsequently pulled. Now we have proof where Yamaha are claiming approximately 200kg. See video here:

And I suspect the T7 has potential to lose more weight through lighter parts than the KTM 790, so the difference in weight between them could be even bigger if we spend some of the difference in price between the two bikes. I am looking forward to that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

That might be so, but it has a weak gearbox and drive train and chassis, to say the least! Pulling stumps is way out it's design brief. :classic_biggrin:

So far the little CP3 is bulletproof expect when pushed way past the limits in racing, the same for the gearbox( only a few failed that I have seen in the forums- WOT shifts at 9k+ RPMs) ... These things are bound to happen in extreme usage which leads to R&D of better parts/fitment... Lots of other popular racing bikes have had time/people doing laps and have ironed out 99% of the little kinks...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

I own the FZ07 forum, 7000 members and since 2014, I have heard of ONE gearbox failure. These bikes run forever, unless the owner is a complete idiot. 

Seriously, if the engine had Issues I would be the one who would know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, Cruizin said:

I own the FZ07 forum, 7000 members and since 2014, I have heard of ONE gearbox failure. These bikes run forever, unless the owner is a complete idiot. 

Seriously, if the engine had Issues I would be the one who would know. 

I was talking about pulling stumps, as was the post I was replying to!

Just a joke.

It ain't no tractor!

Long live Massey Ferguson! 

Edited by shaneygrog