Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Why still no official Weight Wet/Dry?

prwatts

On 5/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, norcal616 said:

So far the little CP3 is bulletproof expect when pushed way past the limits in racing, the same for the gearbox( only a few failed that I have seen in the forums- WOT shifts at 9k+ RPMs) ... These things are bound to happen in extreme usage which leads to R&D of better parts/fitment... Lots of other popular racing bikes have had time/people doing laps and have ironed out 99% of the little kinks...

Yeah, sure, but pulling stumps? I guess i'm the only one here who has a farm and a tractor, and who actually pulls stumps, with my tractor, not my motorbike.

13 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Yeah, sure, but pulling stumps? I guess i'm the only one here who has a farm and a tractor, and who actually pulls stumps, with my tractor, not my motorbike.

It's a figure of speech... 

• Haha 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Beemer said:

#26 in this review they claim it's curb weight to be 450 lbs.

2020-Yamaha-Tenere-700-Review-ADV-rally-

After more than 300 miles of riding Spain’s Catalan countryside, we provide a first-ride review of the Euro-spec version of the 2020 Yamaha Ténéré 700.

Iv'e heard 450 lbs from multiple sources/articles/reviews. 

While that is 200 lbs more than my dirtbike, it's totally acceptable for a bike that spends most of its time on the street with a comfortable seat. 

Still, if ya drop one on the trail, you will have to wait for someone to come along and help you lift it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Iv'e heard 450 lbs from multiple sources/articles/reviews. 

While that is 200 lbs more than my dirtbike, it's totally acceptable for a bike that spends most of its time on the street with a comfortable seat. 

Still, if ya drop one on the trail, you will have to wait for someone to come along and help you lift it. 

Yep, that's the big downside to an adventure bike, even this one even though it's on the lighter side for one.

• Like 1