Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

CP2 MT/07 and T7 engine makes 63 stock hp- Dyno charts from reputable track shop

Cruizin

As evidenced below, USA mt07 (same engine) puts down 63.76 hp and 46.55 torque stock in North America.  This is a tuner that has flashed over a thousand Mt/FZ07's. 

Now, the Tracer will surely have some changes in its tune, I doubt its for more power. 

#2wheeldynowworks in Kirkland, Wa USA  was able to create few good performance packages  making 8-9 more HP and Torque increases as well.  More important,  a big percentage of the forum and our fb groups members have this shops ecu tunes for the FJ/Tracer 900, MT07, FZ10, with high reviews since all those bikes were launched, as ea forum launched. They do tunes for some seriously talented teams and riders and are trackside all over the NW United states every weekend. 

Blue line is stock, red is their performance package with full Yoshimura exhaust. The graves kit costs more but has 9 hp instead of 8 and even more impressive Torque increases.  

https://fz07.org/thread/11880/2wdw-mt07-yoshimura-sport-performance-package/

fz07-full-yoshi-r77.jpg

Here is another dyno run. Blue is stock, red is Graves full exhaust and matched ecu tune and an active tuner from.

https://fz07.org/thread/11882/mt07-9-hp-increase-2wdwgravesactive-tune-performance-package/

fz07-graves.jpg

One more HP over the Yoshimura and two more Torque.  

The graves graph doesn't look good. A massive drop below about 3,800 rpm as I see it. Probably fine as a racing engine but for day to day road/dirt use that wouldn't be much good i'd have thought. The other graph looks great though. A nice increase all across the range.

Hi! Is the power realy enough for this bike? Has someone journalist drive it? 

Google mt07 dyno, and you'll get plenty different figures, mostly higher values, but some even lower.

6 minutes ago, denis700 said:

Google mt07 dyno, and you'll get plenty different figures, mostly higher values, but some even lower.

Our MT07 forum is at fz07.org.  Our inhouse tuner is 2 wheeldynoworks.  they have flashed over a thousand MT-07's and their Dyno charts are all pretty consistent.  They sync their dyno on a daily basis, so they are very accurate. 

The engine makes around 63 HP stock in the USA across the board. 

On 5/14/2019 at 9:58 PM, davvap said:

Hi! Is the power realy enough for this bike? Has someone journalist drive it? 

Motocross bikes with pro riders make around 60 hP.   They seem to do ok in the dirt. 

KLR 650 riders do fine with much less than 63 hp. Some guys ride theirs all over the Country. 

63-70 HP is plenty.  Most guys with more power only use like 40% of their engine's power. And you certainly don't need that kind of power off road. 

Highway riders shouldn't get this bike.  This bike is for riding on and OFF road, atv trails, fire roads, deserts, mountains. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

I have a 2018 MT-07. I find that 63 HP is plenty. It will wheelie, and it will move along when you crack the throttle. It has a different power curve than an inline 4. I got the MT 07 as a replacement to my 09 FZ1 and while the acceleration isn't the brutal, g-forces pushing you and your stomach of the back of the bike feeling that a 10000cc sport bike has, it does get going when you ask it too.

I don't use 100% throttle and I keep my revs, 98% of the time, below 7K and I am plenty satisfied with the amount of power it makes.

1000 cc's is way too much off road anyways.  But yeah, this engine is great on the street, power wheelies all day long. It will be sweet off road, too.  Fly up any hill climb you want. 

• Members

From my experience with the FZ07, I think this engine is going to be great on an off-road bike. I can't wait to try it. 

• Like 3

I think my Africa twin -16 is a little to heavy....HP is ok but i dont need so much..... rather less weight! 

• Like 1

What's this talk of not having enough power? First of all, a 500 cc dirt bike usually has more than enough power to get the job done so why would a 700 with just under 70 h.p. be in question, especially when it has gobs of torque at low rpm. Something that is maybe more critical than gobs of h.p. on the top when in the dirt and let's not forget about it's light weight compared to a lot of other so called, dirt bikes. It's my opinion that the T-7 will have a good blend of lightness, torque and power to make for a good all around off-road bike.

• Like 2

I live in Texas, most of the highways near me have a 70mph speed limit, though we also have some with 80mph. I can break the law on my FZ-07 easily and I never need to shift above 4th gear. Heck I used to ride a Ninja 300 with half the power at illegal speeds. My first car made 90 horses at the crank. My FZ is a freaking beast compared to any other vehicle I have owned. I once looped it in second gear, busted my tail light and left knee on the street lol.

• Like 1

I have plenty of friends who wished Yamaha put the CP2 motor in a wr450f frame years ago when the FZ-07 hit the market... Majority of them own a YZ450f and love the broad smooth predictable tractor like torque vs the quick peaky power of the 450...

• Like 2

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you've seen it already but here's a review I just ran across. Naysayers of the Tenere 700's power skip directly to #7 in the article and put your worries to rest!

2020-Yamaha-Tenere-700-Review-ADV-rally-

After more than 300 miles of riding Spain’s Catalan countryside, we provide a first-ride review of the Euro-spec version of the 2020 Yamaha Ténéré 700.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 5:11 PM, shaneygrog said:

The graves graph doesn't look good. A massive drop below about 3,800 rpm as I see it. Probably fine as a racing engine but for day to day road/dirt use that wouldn't be much good i'd have thought. The other graph looks great though. A nice increase all across the range.

That is just where the dyno tuner started. They could just as easily have started at 2500 to get a complete curve. Even at the top  they stopped before the 10,400 rev limiter.

To me the graves graph looks awesome, especially in the rev range I am interested in between 4000 and 7000. This includes cruising speed on the highway at 4500-5000 in top gear. My guess is it has plenty enough torque to cruise over steep hills and pass without needing to change down.

• Like 2

I'm waiting to see the newb dirt riders that complain they have to downshift more in the dirt and that the suspension is bad because it's bumpy off road. The pop-corn is standing bye. 😁

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

What is this nonsense about ANY bike having enough power?

1969 Honda CB750 - 60HP  ;  2019 Kawa H2 +++200HP. Sorry those were street bikes.

1970 Suzuki Official RH70 Motocrosser 30hp, 2019 most 450's ++60HP. Same deal every category.

The market wants it, the market gets it!

This Forum is for enthusiasts owners/riders, not for rational bean counters. It's about farkles, enjoy the moment and piss the money away, and the wifes along with it!

Look you are getting a bargain here. You paid 10,000$ for 63HP that's about 159$/hp on your stock bike. Now, for only 115$/HP  (920$/8HP) you increase the noise, excuse me...the character, of your bike and get some extra umph along the way. Quit complaining and farkle up!

If you don't get it, I have a slightly used grey Prius that's just the ticket...  😎

Edited by Phaedrus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I am looking forward to Nels at @2 Wheel DynoWorks getting some T7's and different exhausts in house and putting up some T7 dyno charts. Same engine as the MT07, I just wonder if the T7 aftermarket exhausts will make any difference from the MT07's dyno runs. 

73-74 HP is the goal for most of the folks on fz07.org .  You can get more by getting an open airbox, but those are purely for street riding.