Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi ...from Switzerland

Alpenschrauber

Hi,

I will replace my old Triumph with a  more travel-friendly bike for long distance trips.

That's why I am here...

• Like 1

G'day mate and welcome.

Long distance trips? I guess that means leaving your country? Actually you could probably easily do that on one tank of fuel?

Shane

1 hour ago, shaneygrog said:

G'day mate and welcome.

Long distance trips? I guess that means leaving your country? Actually you could probably easily do that on one tank of fuel?

Shane

Shane,

It depends on the direction: From North to South I could do it even twice😀 ...

You are right, it means trips in Europe, at least. On the other hand you can spend a lot of time, kilometers in the Alps with a lot of narrow roads, turns and passes and have a lot of fun there, too. 

I am quite jealous on you folks in Australia for the really long distances!

Thanks for the welcome, 

Oliver

Cheers Oliver, indeed we do have long distances here, it's an adventure wonderland if you like rugged scenery and good weather. I probably have more forests within 50 km of my house than in all of Great Britain too, though with my unregistered DT i'm limited to my farm for now.

Those Alpine passes though, the twisty roads and the scenery, it must be great where you are as well for a good fun ride.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, eggimac said:

at least - three Swiss T7 fans ;-)

..I am pretty sure there will be some more when the first bikes are out there in the streets,

Gruess aus Bern

Edited by Alpenschrauber