Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

@ XTracer: your bike is the first one I see with the original porter; do you have any info, what the porter weighs?

I think the luggage rack shape offers a great way to get rack packs (for example) with rok straps on both sides tight and secure to the machine without the need for an extra carrier. You only need a protective film for the rear panels.

Edited by norei
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Hi Noel yes back and nephew is improving in Hospital. 

Mick

Hi Mick, great stuff 👍

@ norei: weight…   good question. It's a robust construction and is also perfect for side Rack-Packs as you wrote.

Would estimate it's between 5 to 7 lbs. But honestly I don't know in detail how much it weighs. 

The ROK Straps I fixed meanwhile 😊.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, norei said:

@ XTracer: your bike is the first one I see with the original porter; do you have any info, what the porter weighs?

I think the luggage rack shape offers a great way to get rack packs (for example) with rok straps on both sides tight and secure to the machine without the need for an extra carrier. You only need a protective film for the rear panels.

The original rack weights 6,7 Kg with all the bolts and supports. Today I received mine's and the first thing I did was look the weight.

a86846f03873882277d38e67339d07aco.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

In N.Ireland....

I liked this pic, something about the lighting cons

4147F811-843D-494B-B6FA-EF6837110F48.jpeg

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
On 9/5/2019 at 10:50 PM, Hooja said:

Picked up mine this evening... it’s rubbish!

B1AC7321-A5F1-41FE-A449-A54448B068F3.jpeg

LOL 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

Hi, too long time before receiving my blue one! My dealer received a black one and I buy directly this one! I receive it last Friday, 175 km yesterday. Wonderfull!!!

IMG_20190921_093829.jpg

IMG_20190921_093903.jpg

IMG_20190921_102327.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, BRUNO said:

Hi, too long time before receiving my blue one! My dealer received a black one and I buy directly this one! I receive it last Friday, 175 km yesterday. Wonderfull!!!

IMG_20190921_102327.jpg

Cool. Dog and Cat approved 👍

• Like 1

Greetings from Neuss, Germany!

It was waiting for me at the dealership since end of July while I was travelling. Now finally we are united!

IMG_20190923_083916.jpg

IMG_20190923_083818.jpg

• Like 2

- smoke

• Premium Member

^  Many happy days 😄. Main stand on her to. Cool 😎 

Here's my new Tenere T7 with a new end can, engine protectors, hand guards & personalised number plate!

Regards

Tony

IMG_4537.jpg

IMG_4534 2.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheStig said:

Here's my new Tenere T7 with a new end can, engine protectors, hand guards & personalised number plate!

Regards

Tony

IMG_4537.jpg

Sweet. What make is that pipe? How does she sound. Any audio of her new tail? It looks well 👍

• Like 1

This is a road legal black Max Torque Tri-Oval can with a carbon end . Easy to install and cheap to buy at only £280 inc tax and postage. Sounds much better than the overpriced Akrapovic system as i've had them running next to each other. The video i took doesn't do it any justice though as the mic doesn't pick up the wonderful low grunt sound that it provides!

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:45 AM, smokelala said:

Greetings from Neuss, Germany!

It was waiting for me at the dealership since end of July while I was travelling. Now finally we are united!

IMG_20190923_083916.jpg

IMG_20190923_083818.jpg

Could you please share what size the bolts are on the side of the seat for luggage fitment. 

I was wondering if you could us them to adapt some kriega fasteners for use of the os12 or os18 without having to have the base or drilling the back fender. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Taken in August, checking the routes for a adventure-bike-meeting in summer 2020,  somewhere around here: 

staticmap?center=65.05997718%2C29.179693

89800 Suomussalmi, Finland

IMG_8504_S.JPG

• Like 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced