Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Cruizin

Lets see your new Tenere 700's England, Spain etc, etc.

Recommended Posts

cabby

Taken last week. 

IMG_20191030_140547_635.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
1 hour ago, cabby said:

Taken last week. 

IMG_20191030_140547_635.jpg

Nice photo. Cracker lighting. Super location. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lupo

rps20191105_042637.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
8 hours ago, cabby said:

Taken last week. 

IMG_20191030_140547_635.jpg

Very nice picture and you have got the fastest colour as well :)... What helmet are you using? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cabby
2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Very nice picture and you have got the fastest colour as well :)... What helmet are you using? 

Shoei Adventure 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cabby

A slippery day today..

IMG_20191105_143428.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
12 hours ago, cabby said:

A slippery day today..

^ Another nice pic. I reckon there is more predicable grip in the middle looser less compacted section of gravel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cabby
3 hours ago, X Plane said:

^ Another nice pic. I reckon there is more predicable grip in the middle looser less compacted section of gravel.

It was forest track with wet pine needles and cambered on both sides so was swapping from side to middle to side to find the best grip, possibly wasn't the wisest of rides but hey ho no dramas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stevesully

Collected this fella last week and got out on the trails around Valencia today. 

 

1052213808_ScreenShot2019-11-23at11_10.09PM32.png.df63a77671753aa1f341546447e422da.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stevesully

A5713BF3-E394-4BB3-B3FE-151DCCCB1198.jpeg

D495FDBF-0961-45E3-833A-871CF9E344E0.jpeg

2D1409A2-93DF-439A-ACA8-4C1AD00FE1DF.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boboneleg

Out today for a short ride

 

 

IMG_5849.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greener

Greetings from not so sunny Cornwall, just picked mine up yesterday, managed to get 180 miles on it this weekend before washing it and squeezing it into my 8ft shed diagonally. Got some nice plans for a colour scheme and a few accessories to buy. Enjoying the site, cheers for now

(ordered 1st September)

 

85BA996B-170F-4B41-8ECE-F3DC951E2E47.jpeg

E215D12B-E1E7-4B58-A86F-FDD5961FD43E.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaneygrog

Jeez there is some nice scenery in some of those shots from some of you lot. I guess that's what it is all about, getting on the bike and going somewhere nice.

 

Keep it up!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T700
2 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Jeez there is some nice scenery in some of those shots from some of you lot. I guess that's what it is all about, getting on the bike and going somewhere nice.

 

Keep it up!

The adventure starts when the ashphalt  ends 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13

Picked the bike up today and I'm as happy as a kid in the candy shop. 

Coming from a Gsa I am more than happy as this is so much more fun and easier to ride. 

Rain didn't stop me from being a happy chap today. 

ACF 50 on Saturday and heated grips. 

Love the blue even more now... Happy days 

IMG_20191128_154320__01.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane

How are you applying the ACF 50, aerosol, or the raw gulp or spray-gun compressor etc.?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADVUSA
5 hours ago, X Plane said:

How are you applying the ACF 50, aerosol, or the raw gulp or spray-gun compressor etc.?

 

Sharing a video I found which will be my plan for ACF 50. 

 

If you want to force the lubricant into places, in my opinion I feel a low cost sprayer and compressor is needed.

 

____One day___  ☘️     when the bike arrives I'll use a spray gun per this fellow below:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
7 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

 

Sharing a video I found which will be my plan for ACF 50. 

 

If you want to force the lubricant into places, in my opinion I feel a low cost sprayer and compressor is needed.

 

____One day___  ☘️     when the bike arrives I'll use a spray gun per this fellow below:

 

 

That's a good way of doing it. I don't have the facilities at the moment to use a gun so I will use the ACF 50 with the provided application gun and do my best to go reach all the areas that are hidden. 

I am still in a debate if I should mask the tyres and brakes and do the spikes as well by brush but I might give it a go. Most people don't do the wheels as it is a pain in the.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADVUSA

Understood. I would ensure the spokes are wiped down really good and just lightly touch the brake unit.

I'm going to cover the tires.

Honestly, I don't have a facility either - no garage. All of my tools and supplies are in a spare room.

I've done tons of work on my bike outside (and inside).  Already found gallon of ACF 50 on sale as well as the gun on sale.

Compressor (10 gal.) will be about 200 USD, and I'll need a hose.

All done right outside in a condo community - I'll go around the corner of the building and the compressor is low noise

so no problems !  😀

 

 

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADVUSA
6 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

Understood. I would ensure the spokes are wiped down really good and just lightly touch the brake unit.

I'm going to cover the tires.

Honestly, I don't have a facility either - no garage. All of my tools and supplies are in a spare room.

I've done tons of work on my bike outside (and inside).  Already found gallon of ACF 50 on sale as well as the gun on sale.

Compressor (10 gal.) will be about 200 USD, and I'll need a hose.

All done right outside in a condo community - I'll go around the corner of the building and the compressor is low noise

so no problems !  😀

 

 

 

In Picture #1 below in the past is The 'internal' garage , note the Monster motorcycle stand !

 

The 2nd picture is The 'external' garage  - notice the new (pre-Tenere) flooring

as well as the custom rear rack plate ! 

 

Picture #3 is busy work in the 'internal garage'

 

Picture #4 is pre-Tenere fun...

 

Picture #5 is what my garage might look like if I had one...:classic_smile:

 

20180207_044854.jpg

20191129_125849_resized.jpg

20180304_115049.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 7.24.14 PM.png

garage_if_I_had_one.jpg

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
21 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

 

In Picture #1 below in the past is The 'internal' garage , note the Monster motorcycle stand !

 

The 2nd picture is The 'external' garage  - notice the new (pre-Tenere) flooring

as well as the custom rear rack plate ! 

 

Picture #3 is busy work in the 'internal garage'

 

Picture #4 is pre-Tenere fun...

 

Picture #5 is what my garage might look like if I had one...:classic_smile:

 

20180207_044854.jpg

20191129_125849_resized.jpg

20180304_115049.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 7.24.14 PM.png

garage_if_I_had_one.jpg

I see that you have a motorcyle cover garage type of thing...🤣 (sorry don't know how to call them) 

Question is do you find it useful as I'm thinking to get one for the t7 but I'm worried about stories with humidity. 

Just wondering how you feel about it... Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADVUSA

Ah thanks for asking !  It's perfect.  Mine I custom made out of PVC plumbing supplies and super heavy duty tarp. If the 'cover' piece mates well with the 'base floor' piece, and you ensure no run-off water can enter, then no there should be no issue. One approach I've taken a couple times is to 'wedge-up' the cover piece to allow breathing. Another approach is to mount plastic vents with screen. Only a few times I've seen humidity on the bike. The ACF 50 plan will address that! There are a lot of makers of those shelters if you don't wish to make one. Search around.  Cheers. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13

Waiting for things to  melt a bit so I can install heated grips and get out tomorrow... 😎

IMG_20191130_073625__01__01.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shaneygrog

Ouch! Poor bike needs a warm bum on the seat!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
On 11/30/2019 at 11:27 AM, shaneygrog said:

Ouch! Poor bike needs a warm bum on the seat!

Went out today 2.5h about 90 miles.. Loved it.. A bit cold but still fun 😊😁

IMG_20191201_141634__01.jpg

IMG_20191201_130008__01.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.