Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

First thing goes to the pile of unused parts is the exhaust can. 

Please Post your pics and comments here to help me choose (and drool...).

Cheers.

Edited by Cruizin
edited title to make it easier to find in search engines

What options for Cans are there?  The standard one looks a bit agricultural.  Is there only the approved Akrapovic can?

• Haha 1

You guys/gals can probably mount a slip on and universal mount strap if you can measure the pipe width... Full systems very likely not out yet... 

The Yamaha Akra pipe was designed to run on stock fueling and meet emissions... no need for tune...just bolt on and ride...

Aftermarket system will need a tune due to lack of catalytic converter... 

Just be patient, manufacturers need to catch up once they get a bike to do R&D mock up... 

Edited by norcal616

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Mine has just arrived from Max Torque Cans. Looks the business (same as the pic above, but in carbon).

It has a removable baffle and they get good reviews. They've only just started selling them for the T7 and a hell of a lot cheaper than the Akra and removable baffle to boot.

I bought mine from eBay.

Just need a bike to put it on now 🤣. Roll on September.

Rich

IMG_20190829_095054.jpg

IMG_20190829_095036.jpg

IMG_20190829_095038.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Mine has just arrived from Max Torque Cans. Looks the business (same as the pic above, but in carbon).

It has a removable baffle and they get good reviews. They've only just started selling them for the T7 and a hell of a lot cheaper than the Akra and removable baffle to boot.

I bought mine from eBay.

Just need a bike to put it on now 🤣. Roll on September.

Rich

IMG_20190829_095054.jpg

IMG_20190829_095036.jpg

IMG_20190829_095038.jpg

Looks really nice.

Please Post a video with sound as soon as you fit it on the bike.

Cheers. 

• Like 2

Yes, I will definitely do that. There is a video on YouTube from the same company of this exhaust (MTC) but the non-carbon one. I believe the baffle is in.

I'm hoping most of the standard back pressure (and some noise reduction for sure from what I've seen on videos with the de-cat pipe fitted)  is in the Cat in the down-pipe, so it should run just fine.

If I bought a de-cat down-pipe I would need an ECU reflash. But that's for another day when the warranty runs out.

Rich

• Like 1

I put an Akrapovic front section on and connected the LAMBDA sensor and it runs fine without a re-flash so not sure if you would need to do it. the bike is quite a bit louder with the full system then with just the Akro end can but sounds great. 

Cheers Mick   

That's great to know Mick - thanks a lot. You ought to post a video with sound to get all our juices going😎

I see you're not far from me, so when I eventually get my T7, be good to have a spin out in Derbyshire!

Rich

• Like 1

Will do but been working away all week, home tonight so I  will try. Never been on any forums before so just finding my way around. I am having separation issues from the bike. 🙂  

4 hours ago, Rich TT said:

That's great to know Mick - thanks a lot. You ought to post a video with sound to get all our juices going😎

I see you're not far from me, so when I eventually get my T7, be good to have a spin out in Derbyshire!

Rich

Yes sounds like a plan when is it ready? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

Yes sounds like a plan when is it ready? 

Mid to end September I've been told. Fingers crossed for sooner!

I'm getting it from Arnold's in Loughborough. They've had quite a few go through their doors so far.

Cheers

Rich

Has noone found a high mounted exhaust system yet? To me the exhaust looks too low to brave a proper river crossing, and even the xsr700 has multiple high mount exhaust options.

Comeon SC project...

Just ordered the MTC Titanium round model. Will be here on Friday. Pics and vid to follow. 

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
11 hours ago, Edwardhallett said:

Has noone found a high mounted exhaust system yet? To me the exhaust looks too low to brave a proper river crossing, and even the xsr700 has multiple high mount exhaust options.

Comeon SC project...

Not sure how it will be possible for a high mount exhaust, the hanger is welded to the subframe.