Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

I put an Akrapovic front section on and connected the LAMBDA sensor and it runs fine without a re-flash so not sure if you would need to do it. the bike is quite a bit louder with the full system then with just the Akro end can but sounds great. 

Cheers Mick   

You need to do the Akra reflash, it will run ok but its way too lean.

My own bike with our full system is on the Dyno next week for two days to get a custom switchable two stage tune.

Edited by T7rally.com
  • Like 3

Hey T7 Rally,

Really looking forward to this and to see what the standard air:fuel ratio is. Be great if you could run the standard exhaust as a comparison to your set-up (full system).

Will you also reflash the ECU with just your end can and the standard down-pipes? 

I assume you'll be offering the reflash service either at your chosen dyno centre/tuners or post off the ECU for a reflash?

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

I'm in the process of getting a Lextek system developed and fitted to my Tenere. I'm currently away on holiday but once I'm back I can give some more info on it. If anyone's in Devon or nearby, my bike is actually on display in Bridge Motorcycles while I'm away.

IMG_63043.jpg

• Like 9

9to5adv.com

On 8/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, Motoadventureman (Mick) said:

I put an Akrapovic front section on and connected the LAMBDA sensor and it runs fine without a re-flash so not sure if you would need to do it. the bike is quite a bit louder with the full system then with just the Akro end can but sounds great. 

Cheers Mick   

Hi,

I've got just the akrapovic slip on and it isnt overwhelming. Haven't removed the baffle, but i was considering leaving it in and changing it to the Akrapovic headers. Have you got a sound clip of your with the full system? Is your baffle in or out?

Thanks

On 8/13/2019 at 7:28 AM, ChristosGR said:

Looks very nice and it sounds better than the Akra. 

I have just tested the bike with the Akra and it is not loud at all. 

What is the weight saving for the carbon and for the titanium one? Love the looks of both. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone thought about putting a much shorter pipe on like FZ/MT 07 pipes. Available from Wish.com Akrapovic? Hang it off the passenger foot peg bracket. Also pipes from Arrow or M4 sound and look the bomb!

Firstly cheap and doesnt matter if it gets scratched or dented although less likely being more tucked away.

Secondly easier to put large soft luggage hanging down without touching the exhaust.

I don't believe deep river crossings will be an issue.  Air intake is the critical issue and is way above water level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And to add to that, maybe the chaps who have been recommended to do the tuning of these CP2 motors could have some input on their experience with these shorter pipes fitted to the FZ/MT 07 bikes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, JamesE said:

I'm in the process of getting a Lextek system developed and fitted to my Tenere. I'm currently away on holiday but once I'm back I can give some more info on it. If anyone's in Devon or nearby, my bike is actually on display in Bridge Motorcycles while I'm away.

IMG_63043.jpg

I've seen the video of your bike with the full system on. 

Have you adjusted the fueling for it to run better and do you know when the prices for the exhaust are going to be released? 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 6:46 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

I've seen the video of your bike with the full system on. 

Have you adjusted the fueling for it to run better and do you know when the prices for the exhaust are going to be released? 

The full system has only just gone on the bike. Haven't ridden with the full lot on, just the end can and link pipe. I will look at re-mapping it down the line when I get the chance. Here are the prices listed at Motorcycle Live last week:

20191124_103709.thumb.jpg.3640a8b525c4c594f444de41b1251c04.jpg

• Thanks 1

9to5adv.com

27 minutes ago, JamesE said:

The full system has only just gone on the bike. Haven't ridden with the full lot on, just the end can and link pipe. I will look at re-mapping it down the line when I get the chance. Here are the prices listed at Motorcycle Live last week:

20191124_103709.thumb.jpg.3640a8b525c4c594f444de41b1251c04.jpg

Thank you for sharing that.. Are you happy with the sound, does it come with dB killer and do you know how much it weighs?

Sorry to bomb you with questions. 

Aleks 

• Like 1

Hed pipe is not so expensive !

I'd like just decat the bike .

I don't see the T7 on their website, i'll send them an email to find at more about this ! 🙂

Edited by sebti
update
  • Like 1

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

12 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you for sharing that.. Are you happy with the sound, does it come with dB killer and do you know how much it weighs?

Sorry to bomb you with questions. 

Aleks 

I've only heard it with the link pipe and end can, it sounds really nice. Just on the edge of being loud enough, got a great rumble. Haven't heard the full system yet, but the Lextek guys reckon it sounds deeper and louder. I'm assuming it'll come with a db killer but not 100%. When I get the bike back off them, I'll have all the weight and dyno stats etc. and I'll get them up here. 

• Like 1

9to5adv.com

2 hours ago, sebti said:

Hed pipe is not so expensive !

I'd like just decat the bike .

I don't see the T7 on their website, i'll send them an email to find at more about this ! 🙂

When I spoke to them at the show, they said it would be available early next year.

• Like 3

9to5adv.com

I saw it now on youtube:

Edited by Adi Torpan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Adi Torpan said:

I saw it now on youtube:

High exhaust makes sense for those who often ride off road. It doesn't look so nice as low one but it's better for heavy drops. If you have a closer look at swing arm on first video you can see that there is no paint on it. I guess why. Every time somebody drop T7 on right hand side, the exhaust bracket welded to the frame simply bend. Then OEM exhaust touch to the swing arm which moves up and down while riding and that's why there is no paint on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are starting to see quite a few options:

for Yamaha Ténéré 700 MY19- BLACK HAWK stainless steel mat / stainless steel black  Type: EG/ABE/EEC oder Racing

Yamaha_Tenere_700_1_g.jpg

HPcorse

Satin 410€-Titanium 499-Black Ceramic 465€ + 18€ for shipping ... current deal in progress ... 

Image may contain: motorcycle

79277336_775654032908995_1083520571179794432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=Y1S3X5Lf0ecAQkoEs7qhMFhwLpifyHMSp0NnPheABfCZzjdi86iTqP_8A&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhu2-1.fna&oh=93930660b1ddd34445dea1da890f5d56&oe=5E66D173

https://www.hpcorse.com/Content/Images/uploaded/Audio/tènèrè 700.MP4?fbclid=IwAR2DSSUhUzDbiOumMi0DYPTYEo_2bYpg7pLwYh5Ecm2SawxxH82hLzDuUOc

• Like 3

410 € its a nice price, whos the dealer?

I think i'm going to wait also for termignoni, i've spoke with a dealer in Belgium and he said it's comming soon, i'm wondering also the arrow Paris Dakar, could they do a modern version to this bike?

Edited by Lupan

5 minutes ago, cabby said:

That HP Corse in my opinion s the best looking of them all, including the Akra one. 

It looks very good, but how much it cost? If it's 410€ it's very good...

But i belive termignoni it's gonna release a top exhaust... Eventualy até a nice price...

Gone are the days when 100-200 euros could get you a good exhaust... 😅

I'm been in touch with  lextek and they are going to be ready end of January. 

Seems a decent price and looks good as well. Would have loved to get carbon from t7rally but they are £360 and I'm not happy to pay that for an exhaust. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, MGG said:

We are starting to see quite a few options:

for Yamaha Ténéré 700 MY19- BLACK HAWK stainless steel mat / stainless steel black  Type: EG/ABE/EEC oder Racing

Yamaha_Tenere_700_1_g.jpg

HPcorse

Satin 410€-Titanium 499-Black Ceramic 465€ + 18€ for shipping ... current deal in progress ... 

Image may contain: motorcycle

79277336_775654032908995_1083520571179794432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=Y1S3X5Lf0ecAQkoEs7qhMFhwLpifyHMSp0NnPheABfCZzjdi86iTqP_8A&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhu2-1.fna&oh=93930660b1ddd34445dea1da890f5d56&oe=5E66D173

https://www.hpcorse.com/Content/Images/uploaded/Audio/tènèrè 700.MP4?fbclid=IwAR2DSSUhUzDbiOumMi0DYPTYEo_2bYpg7pLwYh5Ecm2SawxxH82hLzDuUOc

So did you buy the Hp? The Satin still on 410 €?

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 1