Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Cruizin

CP2-The wonderful engine that powers the Ténéré 700 T7

Recommended Posts

TavisB

Shared on my blog

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prwatts

Can anyone report on the long-term life of this engine?

Has anyone done really high miles on it?

Like more than 50,000 miles or 80,000 km?

Just curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
3 hours ago, prwatts said:

Can anyone report on the long-term life of this engine?

Has anyone done really high miles on it?

Like more than 50,000 miles or 80,000 km?

Just curious

Couple guys in the 50's on the FZ-07 forum, no issues. We don't hear of any issues with this engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
denis700

Here's one in km's, problemless. Not mine.

1725615152_mt0770000.thumb.jpg.f4e414019f55290088d7603fa4f41bcf.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaedrus
On 10/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, Cruizin said:

 

Nice summary. This line cracked me up! 😂

 

"Starbucks ADV highway warriors can feel free to dismiss my thoughts below. "

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hombacher

 

My XSR700 was out for 40 tkm service these days. That boring, that there is nothing to report. A little more interesting:

 

80.000 kilometers and now sold as a used bike

 

Nice to see, that those MT-07 are that reliable and worth every penny, that they can even start in a second life. The former owner switched to a new Tenere 700, what else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
5 hours ago, hombacher said:

 

My XSR700 was out for 40 tkm service these days. That boring, that there is nothing to report. A little more interesting:

 

80.000 kilometers and now sold as a used bike

 

Nice to see, that those MT-07 are that reliable and worth every penny, that they can even start in a second life. The former owner switched to a new Tenere 700, what else.

It's an ultra reliable engine. Our mt07 forum has been live since 2014 and the engine reports are all good, all positive and there are some really high mileage MT07s on the road around the world still kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpenschrauber

Hi,

does anybody know what the impact of the new EU5 emission regulations will be on the CP2- engine/T700?

Is there any new hardware installed and what about reliability and "repairability" of these parts?

Or will this be just software.....

 

Many thanks

Oliver

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prwatts
On 9/30/2019 at 9:11 AM, Alpenschrauber said:

Hi,

does anybody know what the impact of the new EU5 emission regulations will be on the CP2- engine/T700?

Is there any new hardware installed and what about reliability and "repairability" of these parts?

Or will this be just software.....

 

Many thanks

Oliver

 

 

 

I am very worried that they are VERY lean.  I am getting 75 miles per gallon 26km/l  I have never had a bike like that.  I cannot believe it is good for the engine so as soon as I can, I will get mine re-mapped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpenschrauber
35 minutes ago, prwatts said:

I am very worried that they are VERY lean.  I am getting 75 miles per gallon 26km/l  I have never had a bike like that.  I cannot believe it is good for the engine so as soon as I can, I will get mine re-mapped.

thanks prwatts, yes they will be quite lean, running hot and a snatchy throttle. But this does not worry me as, you name it, can be solved with tuning the maps. I am "afraid of" complicated mechanisms, e.g. like the adjustable camshafts which are IMO hard to repair and maintain....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

OEM tune is leanish but nothing to worry bout- yes the "lean" nature( stupid EPA regs/Euro shyt lvls) is kinda a small problem... A tune will bring the AFR lvls down a touch but it's rewarded with a smoother/more powerful operation of the motor...

 

Super tight throttle cables, treating the throttle like an off/on switch, etc are usually rider habits that can be corrected...

 

The EU4 + compliance comes from mainly digital/limited mechanical means... pretty soon it would be a common EU compliance solution to resort to

"forced induction" after mechanical/digital means are not cost effective... 

 

 

  • Like 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.