Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Can you connect a USB port

prwatts

Hi,

Is there a plug near the handlebar to connect a USB port?

In the MT07 Accessories Yamaha shows a USB DC Outlet

I prefer an OEM plug-in part rather than run my own wiring...

Thanks for your advice,

Peter

aa YME-FUSBU-00-00-USB-DC-outlet-Studio-001_Tablet.jpg

• Like 1

...and as far as I have seen, there are several free ends at the wiring to connect accessories. So if you have a Tenere, have a look under the front side panels.

There are some explaining words said in the owner's manual...

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Yes a USB unit can be fitted where 12 v cigarette lighter socket was using the power supply there. Headlight has to be removed though to fit one.

2EEFA61E-9A6C-4B6F-A175-9636C1606DA5.jpeg

The right side 12 volt cigarette socket I fitted is wired straight to the battery   

008C5306-E24A-488C-968B-81A939F0039E.jpeg

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, X Plane said:

Yes a USB unit can be fitted where 12 v cigarette lighter socket was using the power supply there. Headlight has to be removed though to fit one.

The right side 12 volt cigarette socket I fitted is wired straight to the battery   

Where did you get your USB unit from? Also thanks for uploading the photos, great help!

9to5adv.com

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JamesE said:

Where did you get your USB unit from? Also thanks for uploading the photos, great help!

Got USB from Amazon, eBay also sell them.

No problem.
Cheers.

C5C60B8B-1035-4934-BED2-2D262975D216.jpeg

CAACBAA0-6E0D-4811-BC16-A20FB28C8738.jpeg

Edited by X Plane
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

do you know if the silver bits inside the headlamp, the ones around the LED bulbs can be accessed? I'd like to paint them black like the T7 concept

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ScorpionT16 said:

do you know if the silver bits inside the headlamp, the ones around the LED bulbs can be accessed? I'd like to paint them black like the T7 concept

Don’t know. Never looked. Imagine be sealed / be hard to open without damaging. Only guessing though.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
2 hours ago, sebti said:

I've done this today!

P_20191221_193423.jpg

Well done. Very handy mod.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I also want to fit a USB socket on the right side and I already prepared a wire from the battery to the side fairings on the right side, but I struggle to mount the socket itself. I saw you need to remove the complete headlight.

Can you tell me what I have to remove to achieve this? Winscreen, Speedometer (2screws) and then the 4 silver screws on the backside of the headlight, but what else?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ChrisXT said:

Hello,

I also want to fit a USB socket on the right side and I already prepared a wire from the battery to the side fairings on the right side, but I struggle to mount the socket itself. I saw you need to remove the complete headlight.

Can you tell me what I have to remove to achieve this? Winscreen, Speedometer (2screws) and then the 4 silver screws on the backside of the headlight, but what else?

That is it, just do it and you’ll, see here

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, ChrisXT said:

Hello,

I've bought a USB charger, and it actually screws into the vacant hole on th RH side, so it doesn't need the nut to hold it in place. Thus no need for taking everything apart