Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

18 hours ago, cabby said:

Jeezo, you're a bit sensitive aren't you petal 🤣🤣

You don't like my sense of humour? My second degree sometimes is difficult to understand.

Freedom is not a good word for off-road in Switzerland - completely forbiden here. 

I finaly choose and install my skidplate.

SW-Motech. Because it has 3 mounting points. One will enforce the frame near the footpegs.

I like the high on the front.

DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, erey said:

SW-Motech. Because it has 3 mounting points. One will enforce the frame near the footpegs.

That is a nice plate with a high front.

Can you tell me:

a)  Do you need to remove the front bracket as well to get access to the oil filter?

b)  Does the plate protect the rear linkage or is the linkage still lower than this plate and likely most plates?

Edited by ADVUSA
typo

2 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

That is a nice plate with a high front.

Can you tell me:

a)  Do you need to remove the front bracket as well to get access to the oil filter?

b)  Does the plate protect the rear linkage or is the linkage still lower than this plate and likely most plates?

a) no need to remove the front bracket - to be tested. If yes, not a big deal

b) no

Edited by erey
  • Like 1

Nice product but these crash bars skid plates ect spoil the good look lines of the T7 but I guess it s necessary if your doing a lot of your riding in the dirt 👍 

20 hours ago, Ten7 said:

Nice product but these crash bars skid plates ect spoil the good look lines of the T7 but I guess it s necessary if your doing a lot of your riding in the dirt 👍 

unfortunatly yes

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 4:35 PM, erey said:

First test with soft bags. 30 liters each (Enduristan). Not so bad with the exhaust heigh.

I will have the SW-Motech rack. So another way to attach my bags

https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/luggage+racks/ADVENTURE-RACK/4052572179185.htm

T700 Détails photo 014.jpg

T700 Détails photo 016.jpg

T700 Détails photo 017.jpg

How stable is the bike on that lift? I was looking at ebay the other day thinking to get one... Its this or get one that lifts just the rear wheel. 

Aleks 

1 minute ago, Aleksandar13 said:

How stable is the bike on that lift? I was looking at ebay the other day thinking to get one... Its this or get one that lifts just the rear wheel. 

Aleks 

With the new SW-Motech skidplate it's stable. No issue or problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Aleks 

With OEM skid plate it would be risky. Yesterday, I made small modification of my old lift and I welded different supporting bolts for it. It's not nice, not painted yet, but it's strong and stable.

WP_20191115_17_34_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20191115_17_36_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20191115_17_44_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20191115_17_44_28_Pro.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slawmir said:

With OEM skid plate it would be risky. Yesterday, I made small modification of my old lift and I welded different supporting bolts for it. It's not nice, not painted yet, but it's strong and stable.

WP_20191115_17_34_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20191115_17_36_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20191115_17_44_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20191115_17_44_28_Pro.jpg

Thank you for sharing this..so the new points are on the actual frame not touching the skid plate? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you for sharing this..so the new points are on the actual frame not touching the skid plate? 

Yes.

I think, the OEM skid plate is too flexible.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted R&G case protectors. Super light but very tough looking. Pleased with them.

IMG_20191123_185740.jpg

IMG_20191123_183853.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, erey said:

DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

Hi, 1st post so go easy on me, this model looks like a good design, the mounting bolts are all flush as far as I can see so aren’t going to get hung up on stuff. It also looks like all the brackets can be mounted on the skid plate so for servicing and cleaning doesn’t leave anything on the bike, am I right? 

16 hours ago, erey said:

Just riding. Mud is coming.

2019.11.23 photo 02.jpg

Nice decal set.. Could you share where we could buy this... 

I've noticed you have oxford heated grips... Are they adventure ones and did you cut the right hand side down? 

2 hours ago, Trekker3 said:

Hi, 1st post so go easy on me, this model looks like a good design, the mounting bolts are all flush as far as I can see so aren’t going to get hung up on stuff. It also looks like all the brackets can be mounted on the skid plate so for servicing and cleaning doesn’t leave anything on the bike, am I right? 

Yes servicing will be easy. Just few bolts (and they are protected by the design - one of the reason I choose this one).

28 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Nice decal set.. Could you share where we could buy this... 

I've noticed you have oxford heated grips... Are they adventure ones and did you cut the right hand side down? 

Kit fun deco in France

https://www.facebook.com/kitfundeco/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Adventure model for the heated grips. I cut just a little on the right - 1mm because I replace the tube by an R6 compliant

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, erey said:

Kit fun deco in France

https://www.facebook.com/kitfundeco/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Adventure model for the heated grips. I cut just a little on the right - 1mm because I replace the tube by an R6 compliant

How much did You pay for graphic kit? Can't find any information on their FB..

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, erey said:

For your own kit - 230€ and if you use an existing kit 130-150€

Thanks!

On 11/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, Rich TT said:

Fitted R&G case protectors. Super light but very tough looking. Pleased with them.

IMG_20191123_185740.jpg

IMG_20191123_183853.jpg

Hi Rich, are those bolt on , over the o/e cases or to replace the originals?

cheers,  Bob.

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Hi Rich, are those bolt on , over the o/e cases or to replace the originals?

cheers,  Bob.

They're clever as they bolt over the original casings, but you don't have to undo all the bolts. Only 4 each side, so no problem with gaskets, leaks etc. There are metal inserts in the 4 holes on each side, so you don't crack the plastic when you mount them. It also does away with the annoying "sticky-out" protector for the clutch arm which I can feel on my shins in motocross boots or other boots when I ride. 

I sprayed the casing and bolts with WD40 before mounting to stop any corrosion underneath (But I'm sure it wouldn't anyway).

Super light and they look super tough. Someone posted on here a crash after fitting them and they saved the casing.

A bit pricey for a bit of molded tough plastic, but great quality.

Rich

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

They're clever as they bolt over the original casings, but you don't have to undo all the bolts. Only 4 each side, so no problem with gaskets, leaks etc. There are metal inserts in the 4 holes on each side, so you don't crack the plastic when you mount them. It also does away with the annoying "sticky-out" protector for the clutch arm which I can feel on my shins in motocross boots or other boots when I ride. 

I sprayed the casing and bolts with WD40 before mounting to stop any corrosion underneath (But I'm sure it wouldn't anyway).

Super light and they look super tough. Someone posted on here a crash after fitting them and they saved the casing.

A bit pricey for a bit of molded tough plastic, but great quality.

Rich

Thanks for that 🙂

• Like 1