Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Central stand installed. SW-Motech. Good quality so far. Very smart setup for the the spring tension

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0367.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

• Like 2

looks nice, I hope it was esier than the Yam stand which came without any instructions and still waiting for them months after. thankfully recieved some from the forum

3 hours ago, erey said:

Central stand installed. SW-Motech. Good quality so far. Very smart setup for the the spring tension

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0367.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

Nice. I wonder how the weight compares to the OEM centerstand?

• Like 1

Ride from dealer was very nice and she has finally arrived... Fastest colour available... Lol 

IMG_20191128_143618.jpg

IMG_20191128_143533.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/28/2019 at 10:57 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Ride from dealer was very nice and she has finally arrived... Fastest colour available... Lol 

IMG_20191128_143618.jpg

IMG_20191128_143533.jpg

Good for you! 

Ride safe.

:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Fitted a SW Motech rack

IMG_5914.jpeg

Just saying that it’s: a pity that SW Motech didn’t bend and flare out the rails in to loops to make handle loops like the Yamaha rack has; as handles are real handy for moving the bike around and offering the rear plastic side panel some protection from fall overs and worse.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, X Plane said:

Just saying that it’s: a pity that SW Motech didn’t bend and flare out the rails in to loops to make handle loops like the Yamaha rack has; as handles are real handy for moving the bike around and offering the rear plastic side panel some protection from fall overs and worse.

I hear what your saying and this rack is heavy enough but the Yamaha offering is like a piece of scaffolding :classic_sad:

I'm sure there will be better items available eventually from other manufacturers .

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I hear what your saying and this rack is heavy enough but the Yamaha offering is like a piece of scaffolding :classic_sad:

I'm sure there will be better items available eventually from other manufacturers .

Agree. More options will become available.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MGG said:

The Touratech one looks good, and stainless steel.

ZEGA Topcase / Luggage rack, stainless steel for Yamaha Tenere 700

Nice rig. I am wondering what kind of protection this offers for side falls without the side racks. If that handle protrudes far enough out the side it could minimize damage I am hoping. Trying to plan out bike protection without adding the side racks - may not be possible. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

10 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Nice rig. I am wondering what kind of protection this offers for side falls without the side racks. If that handle protrudes far enough out the side it could minimize damage I am hoping. Trying to plan out bike protection without adding the side racks - may not be possible. 

The main issue with side protection in case of falls is exhaust. It stick out too much. I think that side panels are strong enough to survive minor falls. I consider changing exhaust for high one, not now but in the future.

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej-malowany-proszkowo-na-czarno-yamaha-tenere-700-mocowanie-gora_LI.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, NickT7 said:
YAMAHA_Tenere_700_REAR_0.jpg

Rear crash bars for Yamaha TENERE 700.

Maybe this rear crash bar will help you for rear protection. It's from HEED. 

Nick

Nice find Nick. This other angle showcases the problem that all of these rear racks will have - as @slawmir said. The exhaust is so pronounced that its looking like a beefy pannier rack is the only way to try to keep it the stock one protected. 08D40D0E-F49C-476D-A8A1-491F975E5137.thumb.png.141a7328acc600e670cacf4aa06f4614.png

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

5 hours ago, slawmir said:

Today, I fitted 4mm aluminium skid plate😊.

WP_20191209_12_45_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20191209_13_46_57_Pro.jpg

Hi slawmir is there any fixings on the bottom of of the engine guard.

39 minutes ago, Peelt7 said:

Hi slawmir is there any fixings on the bottom of of the engine guard.

Yes, there are three metal brackets. The front one is installed to the engine block in empty technological holes.

WP_20191209_11_54_44_Pro.jpg

• Like 1