Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

MMM... connected to the cylinder base? I would change the bracket to connect to the down tubes as it looks like it would be simple to do. I had a member of one of my tours push a skid plate mounting bolt through the bottom of his crank case after hitting a rock. We were in the middle of nowhere and managed to fix it with epoxy putty he luckily had in his tool roll. A little ingenuity in this case can prevent disaster.  

This is a really nice skid plate.

Cylinder Head.JPG

Edited by GPSAT

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

Fitted my tail tidy this week, bought from t7rally for £40.00, good piece of kit, and a great fitting video on utube. 610 miles so first service tomorrow 11th

78906370-FA56-4A08-941F-6CCA8D01B562.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Greener said:

Fitted my tail tidy this week, bought from t7rally for £40.00, good piece of kit, and a great fitting video on utube. 610 miles so first service tomorrow 11th

Looks nice... That is my next mod on the list.. Did you weigh the original against this one? 

• Like 1

Noooo, not bothered, maybe a mars bar in it. Looks great and fits in my shed better(100 mm shorter)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greener said:

Noooo, not bothered, maybe a mars bar in it. Looks great and fits in my shed better(100 mm shorter)

I think there's a lot more weight saving. The T7 rally weighs literally nothing. I've fitted one and really pleased with the looks and secondly the weight saving.

Rich

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Rich TT said:

I think there's a lot more weight saving. The T7 rally weighs literally nothing. I've fitted one and really pleased with the looks and secondly the weight saving.

Rich

Seriously have a word with yourself, any weight saving in that can be purely minimal. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Greener said:

So how did you fitted the turn signal? In the T7 Rally there are 3 prices, the 39.99 £ + 14..95 £ for the  indicator kit.

It´s easy to fit the indicator?

Thanks

Edited by Lupan

16 minutes ago, cabby said:

Seriously have a word with yourself, any weight saving in that can be purely minimal. 

He he. The reason I got it is to get rid of the horrible standard one. The weight saving and the lack of it flapping about like the standard one is a bonus

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've never personally understood the getting rid of the standard one approach, I mean I get it on sports bikes where aesthetics are important to the look of a bike but on big , relatively ugly adventure bikes, seems odd to me. 

10 minutes ago, cabby said:

I've never personally understood the getting rid of the standard one approach, I mean I get it on sports bikes where aesthetics are important to the look of a bike but on big , relatively ugly adventure bikes, seems odd to me. 

Beauty is a touchy subject and some of us think that the tail looks much better with a tail tidy... 😁

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Looks nice... That is my next mod on the list.. Did you weigh the original against this one? 

Wonderful mod. I wonder how it works  with dirt and mud kicking up?

Lupan . All you need is the 39.95 bit for oem indicators, the other option is a cut bracket, in case you don’t want to cut yours. Fitting is straight forward and a good video to help, and yes,my reason is purely aesthetic

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Beauty is a touchy subject and some of us think that the tail looks much better with a tail tidy... 😁

It's behind you, you can't see it 😂😂

1 hour ago, cabby said:

It's behind you, you can't see it 😂😂

You can't see the back of your head either and still get a hair cut on that half and not only at the front 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I can tell with the oem tail i don't like the look, but with an arregement like the prototipe T7 it looks so much better...

In the last TÉNÉRÉ 660 i've changed also the tail...

Edited by Lupan

12 hours ago, cabby said:

Surely you aren't here on the tenere700 forum telling us that the actual bike may be somewhat ugly? And furthermore, that sports bikes aesthetics are important, or more important than on other bikes? tut tut.

Personally I think the T7 is one of the prettiest things I have seen in a long time, well, that of the non human kind anyway. And to think that getting rid of that regulation gag hanging off the back an be replaced with something smaller or more "tidy" could even make the bike more pretty, no, not when you're riding it but admiring it pre or post ride, yep, i'd do that to, when I get one.

• Like 5

Few installation. Snow is here and I have time 🥶

Crashbars Outback. Side stand extension Touratech. Brake extension Touratech and ABS protection Touratech.

T700 Détails photo 057 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 058 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 059 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 060 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 061.jpg

T700 Détails photo 062.jpg

T700 Détails photo 063.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, erey said:

Few installation. Snow is here and I have time 🥶

Crashbars Outback. Side stand extension Touratech. Brake extension Touratech and ABS protection Touratech.

T700 Détails photo 057 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 058 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 059 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 060 outback sw-motech.jpg

T700 Détails photo 061.jpg

T700 Détails photo 062.jpg

T700 Détails photo 063.jpg

How do you like SW Moteck skid plate? How much does it weight?

13 minutes ago, Janka said:

How do you like SW Moteck skid plate? How much does it weight?

Good protection. 3 connexions between the frame - stronger mount. Don't know the weight.

• Like 1

Lower crash bars look very nice and the brake extension, I will be looking at these as they don't ruin the look of the bike. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Lower crash bars look very nice and the brake extension, I will be looking at these as they don't ruin the look of the bike. 

Totally agree. On the list!

• Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

On 12/10/2019 at 6:32 PM, GPSAT said:

MMM... connected to the cylinder base? I would change the bracket to connect to the down tubes as it looks like it would be simple to do. I had a member of one of my tours push a skid plate mounting bolt through the bottom of his crank case after hitting a rock. We were in the middle of nowhere and managed to fix it with epoxy putty he luckily had in his tool roll. A little ingenuity in this case can prevent disaster.  

This is a really nice skid plate.

Cylinder Head.JPG

It's something to think about, but on the other hand, if I'm not wrong, one of the Yamaha crash bars mounting points is in the same empty hole at the front of the engine block.

Today, I fitted   crash bars from Heed. Initially, I wanted to buy Yamaha crash bars but I was  not sure if Heed engine guard is  compatible with them.

IMG_20191212_181502.jpg

Edited by slawmir

I like the HEED crash bars. Looks Great!

Can you get a side profile pic of the whole bike with them on?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

I like the HEED crash bars. Looks Great!

Can you get a side profile pic of the whole bike with them on?

Here you go.

IMG_20191213_084830.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the Pic. I like them a lot. Now to see what they will cost landed in Vancouver Canada :)