Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Impatiently waiting for T7 in Canada

Lyfe BehindBars

Hi all,

I can't wait, seriously!

I was always saddened by the fact that any of the single Tenere never made their way to Canada, now we have to wait for the new T7 one year longer.

any way to get one earlier?

Lyfe

www.BehindBars.bike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just put a deposit down at Snow City Cycle in Toronto, not too happy that they are more expensive than VOS Motors for the same bike.  Hopefully Snow City will refund the difference?

Yamaha states that the bike should be here early Summer.

I have been told that emissions will be different for North American models which is more restrictive, thus less power. Everything else should be the same.

I will be doing an in depth review of the bike covering specs, road and off-road handling. 

Stay tuned.

Lyfe

IMG_0064.PNG

UPDATE:

I got a call from Snow City and are giving me the difference and was explained to me that they have the number 2 top Yamaha tech in Canada, that is always an important consideration, plus I have been dealing with Snow City for over a decade so my very reliable experience with them and the fact that they will honour the price difference makes it all the more worthwhile.

i wasn't holding my breath for the credit on the freight difference but am happy to get it, I can use the credit for some accessories.

Edited by Lyfe

Welcome to the forums, Life!

Fascinating to see your pictures with your former Teneres. But the good thing is, even if you have to wait now, everything is forgotten, as soon as you will ride away your new Tenere 700 from the dealer.

It may remember you to the forefathers, but it is in every aspect a much better bike than the old thumpers. This said, I also want to show something old and gone:

tt600_004.jpg.e675a9d8304c62531908784db5edc34e.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Lyfe, I'm in Toronto and originally from Kenya, EA, nice to see your pics! I placed an order at VOS a few weeks back, their freight is cheaper, they also told me since they are Yamaha's primary dealer they get the first few units, not sure if that was just a sales tactic, I just went with them because it's closer for me, snow city seems good too, their freight is much more. 

I see you went with the black, nice choice! I went with the retro red 🙂 Let me know if you ever want to do some rides around here, was thinking of entering the dacre rally in Ontario with it next year and need a group for it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings!

I too just put a deposit down up in Peterborough. I have been told by the dealer that Yamaha Canada is bringing the Tenere around to Canadian dealerships over the next few months. It will be at the Peterborough dealership from 3-5pm on November 12. I am pretty damn excited to sit on the bike to say the least. Also, I am intrigued about the dacre rally as well, and think it would be neat to assemble a contingency of Tenere's. Cheers

• Like 2

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

15 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Greetings!

I too just put a deposit down up in Peterborough. I have been told by the dealer that Yamaha Canada is bringing the Tenere around to Canadian dealerships over the next few months. It will be at the Peterborough dealership from 3-5pm on November 12. I am pretty damn excited to sit on the bike to say the least. Also, I am intrigued about the dacre rally as well, and think it would be neat to assemble a contingency of Tenere's. Cheers

Sounds great, was thinking the same thing! I also want to go down to the Overland Expo in Virginia in 2020 October 11th. Perfect time to stretch the T7's wings. Upto now I've always been riding alone, though some paths I do think would be nice to have good company. Dacre rally looks good, Lawrence hacking (the guy in the T7 Canada Video) lives in Muskoka, and will probably organize an overland rally for next year, I didn't go for this years. It's a good start. 

• Like 2

Hi ScorpionT16,

small world, I'm from Kenya as well.  Keep me posted, I have t physically seen the T7, so if anyone in Ontario knows when it's going to be in a showroom, let me know. Would also be good to ride with fellow T7 riders, perhaps a Ontario or Canada wide T7 riders club is in order?

Lyfe

• Like 1

Nice! From Kenya too, when did you move here? We definitely gotta meet sometime. I haven't seen one in person either, VOS said they should get one to see in person in December, snowcity will most likely too as its the same bike travelling dealer to dealer. A T7 Riders club is def in order, as long as some adventure is involved and not just Starbucks meet and greet 😂

Oh wow, your straight from KE, we moved in 03", I went back in 07", haven't been since. Starbucks is just a cafe, like Tim Hortons lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 3:11 AM, Lyfe BehindBars said:

Just put a deposit down at Snow City Cycle in Toronto, not too happy that they are more expensive than VOS Motors for the same bike.  Hopefully Snow City will refund the difference?

Yamaha states that the bike should be here early Summer.

I have been told that emissions will be different for North American models which is more restrictive, thus less power. Everything else should be the same.

I will be doing an in depth review of the bike covering specs, road and off-road handling. 

Stay tuned.

Lyfe

IMG_0064.PNG

UPDATE:

I got a call from Snow City and are giving me the difference and was explained to me that they have the number 2 top Yamaha tech in Canada, that is always an important consideration, plus I have been dealing with Snow City for over a decade so my very reliable experience with them and the fact that they will honour the price difference makes it all the more worthwhile.

i wasn't holding my breath for the credit on the freight difference but am happy to get it, I can use the credit for some accessories.

I just did the early deposit at Blackstock Motorsports at $11,999.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, tenerecanada said:

Greetings!

Hey, congrats, so did you see it in person?

• Moderators

I did yeah! I was suprised that the ride height was fine for me at 5’11”, no issues there. I also got to ask some questions - according to the Yamaha guy specs are identical to European model except for incandescent signal lights on our version. They had a heavily accessorized model there, which was noce to see the build quality of the genuine accessories.   

FFB79059-1EAB-4CA8-A342-6CEE47EEF302.jpeg

DC2FDAEE-50F4-40AB-96B2-481200710680.jpeg

• Like 1

Amazing pictures there Lyfe! I believe I saw you tonight at Snow City. I was wearing the green jacket and admiring the bike long enough to put down a deposit lol. 

I ended up choosing the white color scheme and can't wait either. 

Looking forward to riding with folks in Toronto next year 🙂

• Like 2

For the Toronto folks there is a Facebook forum you should join, good bunch of folks and some great riding.

Simcoe Country Adventure Riders.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats!!!

Greeting from Vancouver Island. Ordered a Black one...approximately 360 sleeps!

Cheers, Todd

• Confused 1

Currently ride a WR290R and a 08 Vstrom 650. Soon to own a2021 T7

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Todd B said:

Congrats!!!

Cheers, Todd

I'm hoping you sleep twice a day! I will be damn anxious if I'm not riding by mid June.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

I'm hoping you sleep twice a day! I will be damn anxious if I'm not riding by mid June.

I do have a couple bikes to ride for now. All the videos and the write ups on the T7 are like candy for me.....I think I sleep making bike noises....

Cheers!!!

• Like 3

Currently ride a WR290R and a 08 Vstrom 650. Soon to own a2021 T7

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, Todd B said:

Congrats!!!

Cheers, Todd

Black for me as well!!! Come on June 2020!

Edited by GPSAT
  • Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

Checked out the display model at Dewildt Yamaha in Innisfil, put down my deposit on a blue one.👍👍

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

Hey Lyfe, I'm in Toronto and originally from Kenya, EA, nice to see your pics! I placed an order at VOS a few weeks back, their freight is cheaper, they also told me since they are Yamaha's primary dealer they get the first few units, not sure if that was just a sales tactic, I just went with them because it's closer for me, snow city seems good too, their freight is much more. 

I see you went with the black, nice choice! I went with the retro red 🙂 Let me know if you ever want to do some rides around here, was thinking of entering the dacre rally in Ontario with it next year and need a group for it. 

I see you get around lol.  We'll have to definitely set up a ride or three this year.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, Limey said:

For the Toronto folks there is a Facebook forum you should join, good bunch of folks and some great riding.

Simcoe Country Adventure Riders.

Paul?  Jeremy here lol.  I think everybody is going to be haunting these forums until delivery. 😂

18 hours ago, Iceman said:

Paul?  Jeremy here lol.  I think everybody is going to be haunting these forums until delivery. 😂

Jeremy Mcstravick ? Ya I can’t wait to trade in the 790 for the 700,  it’s an amazing bike but the dependability is something that will be on the back of my mind , even now I’m trying to decide whether to take my Super Ténéré with 196,000 km to Arizona or the 790.