Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Impatiently waiting for T7 in Canada

Lyfe BehindBars

1 hour ago, Limey said:

Jeremy Mcstravick ? Ya I can’t wait to trade in the 790 for the 700,  it’s an amazing bike but the dependability is something that will be on the back of my mind , even now I’m trying to decide whether to take my Super Ténéré with 196,000 km to Arizona or the 790. 

Nearly 200k?  That speaks volumes right there.  I've always loved Yamaha's, I'm so happy they brought out this particular bike right now.👍👍

• Like 1

When I ordered they said I was in the first 100 in Canada.  Really itching to ride this bike. 

I'm going to leave it pretty well stock for the warranty period and add protective items as they become available from aftermarket.

After 1000 km break in period I would like to put on 50/50 tires.

cheers

-Bob

bob_on_tenere700.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hi there, congrats and I also put in the early deposit, out of curiosity, when did you put in your deposit?

I got the message last night... My T7 (Black) left the west coast warehouse and is on route to Trailside Sports in Espanola for THIS GUY!!! 

• Like 4

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

Hello all: my dealer just confirmed my T7 is sitting in British Columbia.  He said they shipped 150 bikes on April 30th.

Cheers

-Bob

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Yammybound88 said:

Hello all: my dealer just confirmed my T7 is sitting in British Columbia.  He said they shipped 150 bikes on April 30th.

Cheers

-Bob

Hi,

based on this info, there were 300 total early deposit orders since 150 have not arrived. Also I am seeing posts of black T7s being delivered so the rumour that black T7s weren't brought in isn't correct.

no word from my dealer here in Toronto, let's hope Monday has some good news.

congrats on getting yours, enjoy

Edited by Lyfe BehindBars
Added info
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:

Hi,

based on this info, there were 300 total early deposit orders since 150 have not arrived. Also I am seeing posts of black T7s being delivered so the rumour that black T7s weren't brought in isn't correct.

thanks @Lyfe BehindBars - I'm sure your bike is on its way with mine and many more lucky riders in Ontario. See ya on the road.

Cheers

-Bob

Edited by Yammybound88

Over 500 bikes were ordered in Canada alone, that includes numbers in the EDP which were around 300. So early birds will get theirs, and lots will be waiting, like eurpoe could be 1-2 years for some of the last ones to order, or they see some used one hits the market early

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lyfe BehindBars said:

Hi,

No word from VOS motors either 😞 Not sure where the No black rumours started, I was told no red/white ones were in this shipment and those would be arriving in the second batch for August, that came directly form the CEO of Yamaha Canada, so info is all over the place

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

Manitoba is already delivering bikes and I've been getting feedback that it's just a transport issue as they make it across Canada, hopefully Ontario will see some next week. All colours seem to be here, lots of black ones it seems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been told that the shipment coming to my dealer has mine (black), two red, and one blue. All with the early deposit program.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

On 11/16/2019 at 12:25 AM, Alkali said:

Amazing pictures there Lyfe! I believe I saw you tonight at Snow City. I was wearing the green jacket and admiring the bike long enough to put down a deposit lol. 

I ended up choosing the white color scheme and can't wait either. 

Looking forward to riding with folks in Toronto next year 🙂

Any word on yours?

None yet; I've been checking here and the T7 Canada facebook group frequently for more news though haha.

I did receive my Shad bag on Monday so that gives me some hope!

I've got my plate and insurance quote ready to go once it comes in. Here's hoping it's before end of the month. 🙂

25 minutes ago, Alkali said:

None yet; I've been checking here and the T7 Canada facebook group frequently for more news though haha.

I did receive my Shad bag on Monday so that gives me some hope!

I've got my plate and insurance quote ready to go once it comes in. Here's hoping it's before end of the month. 🙂

Lets hope so, what day did you put the deposit down?

I put my deposit down in early Nov, but I opted for the red/white. Not sure how many folks went for that option.

Anyways, nothing I can really do about all of this; just looking at mods and other reviews to satisfy my cravings in the meantime!