Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Brembo 17Rcs front brake master cylinder

al700

with brake fluid reservoir. I was wondering since it fits Tracer 700 if it would fit the Tenere 700. I mean something like that.

19RCS_CorsaCorta_Brembo_Radial_Master_Cy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You can configure the feel of the braking in 3 different modes...the benefit also is the brake fluid reservoir...it makes the bike look ready 2 race...

The truth is that such kind of stuff is more suitable for street or supersport orientated motorbikes...but someone has to try it on an adventure. The thing is that is only for radial or axle mounted calipers and of certain diameter. 

19RCS_CORSACORTA_Brembo_Radial_Master_Cy

1. BITE POINT (IDLE STROKE):
    Three different Maps, R-S-N, the selector operates a cam mechanism to let the user choose between three different responsiveness settings.
  2. LEVER POSITION:
    Click by Click You can adjust the Distance of the Lever from the bar and adapt it to your hand or to your needs.
  3. RCS (Ratio Click System):
    Lets the rider select a fulcrum-to-piston distance of 18 or 20 mm by simply turning the adjuster screw on the front of the guide lever by 180° with a screwdriver. 

19RCS_CORSACORTA_Brembo_Radial_Master_Cy

Usually this parameter, depends on the various tolerances, product type or model.

The most significant achievement is, that the 17RCS CORSA CORTA allows the rider to tailor the “bite point” exactly where they want it, with an easily accessible selector on the top of the master cylinder itself.

The selector operates a cam mechanism to let the user choose between THREE different responsiveness settings:

• R “RACE” : the position of the cam mechanism shortens the initial stage of the bite point even further to produce the same immediate response of the master cylinders used in MotoGP, letting the rider reach the bite point of the brakes instantaneously. This setting is ideal for use on the race track, where every hundredth of a second shaved off a lap time counts.
  • S “SPORT” : the beginning of the bite point is shorter than in the N setting. This setting produces a more dynamic response suitable for sportier riding.
  • N “NORMAL” : the bite point starts more gradually, making it suitable for braking in poor grip conditions (rain).

Bite Point is the new feauture, that is added to the two existing setting options:

• Lever Position (Distance from bar) Adjustment
  • RCS (Ratio Click System): This device allows to modify the pump lever ratio on two values, 18 or 20 mm, by simply rotation of the eccentric drive placed on the front of the lever drive. By the RCS system – Ratio Click System – it is very easy to pass from one configuration to the other one, modifying the lever ratio to adjust it to the different characteristics of the braking system, of the usage and driving, such as, for ex., the wet or dry conditions, asphalt with more or less grip, circuit with strong braking.
    The red spot on the eccentric drive identifies position 18mm of the lever ratio, while black indicates position 20mm.
  • Like 1

19RCS , 17RCS, 15RCS, 14RCS ? These numbers identify piston diameter:

• 19RCS Corsa Corta to be installed on twin disks bikes with axial or radial calipers but NOT on Floating Calipers, for expert riders.
  • 19RCS to be installed on twin disks bikes with axial or radial calipers but NOT on Floating Calipers
  • 17RCS Corsa Corta to be installed on twin disks bikes with axial or radial calipers whose pistons diameter is 32mm or lower, but NOT on Floating Calipers; for example Ducati Panigale or RSV4, Yamaha R6 etc etc , for expert rider level.
  • 17RCS to be installed on twin disks bikes with axial or radial calipers whose pistons diameter is 32mm or lower, but NOT on Floating Calipers; for example Ducati Panigale or RSV4, Yamaha R6 etc etc.
  • 15RCS to be used on twin disks braking system carrying floating calipers (Naked), and on single disk bikes (motard).
    The 15 RCS with 15 x 20 set up works like a 16 x 18 mc, while 15 x 18 equals a 16 x 16 mc.
  • 14RCS to be installed on single/twin disks Scooters and single disks Motorcycles (from 50cc up to 600cc) . Available both Right and Left Side.

Fits a M10x1,0 mm bajo adapter (normaly japan bikes has M10x1,25mm one).
Oem axial master cylinder brakes hoses could not fit radial mc, we can supply specific brake hoses or the adaptor.

IMPORTANT! Answer from Caprimoto.com

Question:
 Does it fit to the Yamaha Tenere 700?Thank you...
04/09/2019
Answer:
Asd far we Know Yamaha Tenere 700 mounts two floating calipers with two pistons each therefore RCS17 is not correct, the right size is 15mm , 15RCS so far.

Edited by al700
  • Like 1

Great stuff to know... Definitely interesting facts and how much adjustment there is. 

What's the price? 🙂

Around 300 euros with the brake fluid reservoir. I am waiting confirmation from another store on the fitment...

• Like 1

Just now, al700 said:

Around 300 euros with the brake fluid reservoir. I am waiting confirmation from another store on the fitment...

Cool, keep us posted. 

• 8 months later...

Not designed for the rigours of off road application, these are designed for street or race use! the first time you drop it and wreck the lever you’ll be looking at minimum of £180 to replace it, £50 to replace the reservoir and your shiny master cylinder will look extremely 2nd hand.

Even though designed for radial brake applications they work well on axial calipers, I use a late model fire blade radial master cylinder on my 30 year old Honda NSR250 and it improves braking feel a lot.

You need the hose adapter to get them to connect to axial hoses effectively or have custom brake lines made up with radial angled fittings for master cylinder end 

I can only dream that this setup with Braided lines and some aggressive pads will one day hit my T700 Sm 😄 

If you go the 15RCS way you need braided lines also to get a better feel, might as well go as all the way then!😅

Just now, Bad Pritt said:

If you go the 15RCS way you need braided lines also to get a better feel, might as well go as all the way then!😅

What you mean by all the way ? ... explain I have my popcorn in my hand and my coffee in the other 🙂 😅🧐

I mean that if you go with the radial brake cilinder you need the braided lines also, i see no advantage in only swapping the master cilinder?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bad Pritt said:

I mean that if you go with the radial brake cilinder you need the braided lines also, i see no advantage in only swapping the master cilinder?

I agree, that is what I said in the initial post... it will need the complete package 😄 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This is coming next week to be fitted on the T700Sm, will need to make axial to radial brackets as per the second picture... And then a master rcs 19 to match with the new calipers. 

I need to source braided lines as well. 

Project radial brembo on t7 starting. 

🔥🦧💯📸😂

Aleks 

Screenshot_20210116-061827.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-195258.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of great bling going on. Would be interested to see if the rear could be changed to a gold stylee version.

9F2A5F78-E5EA-4F85-A531-1B4B2970AE62.png

• Like 1