Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

UK Owner’s (1st month / run-in) Review

Noel McCutcheon

• Premium Member

If a picture paints 1000 words - then I've vlogged many more 1000 words in my YouTube video below. 

But video spoken words are as one speaks and rides along etc. So in written words what are my impressions now that the T7 is run-in, e-ha, :

Ok, here goes, e-ha, it is fully run in and here are my 1st thoughts upon collecting the bike from the dealer  :

Firstly the bike is well screwed together and the quality of the fittings and component parts are good. There are some fasteners are torx on the inside and hex on the outside; that is a nice touch because that provides tool options for getting / using tools to remove fasteners. Ok, ok, I hear you say so what it like to ride. But before we do that where do we pitch this bike i.e. what category is it in ? Ok it’s not an enduro bike nor is it a heavy weight adventure bike so let’s say it is a capable, versatile  mid weight adventure bike. Ok it is has a good engine and nice stock suspension; which was the first thing that impressed me was how good the suspension is. And there we have it the first item to discuss in more detail is it’s weight or lack of it is not a heavy 1100, 1200, 1250 cc bike nor is it a tiny lightweight 250 two-stroke feather weight or a light 400 cc trail or enduro bike bit it’s definitively way better than a trail bike and its not a Bank crushing £13000 bling ridden colour screened done get me dirty machine nor is it a £5000 lowest budget basic low quality old tech slow as a dead dog bike either. What it is and where it is is in a sweet spot it’s not too big or too heavy to ride over an old rickety wooden bridge or softish ground on and it’s not too feather weight or too small to be frighten on motorways or on along long windy road section rides. It is a tall bike in terms of handle bar from ground height and ground clearance which is amble off-road getting over obstacles like logs but the seat height is thankfully manageable for 30” inside leg with the low seat fitted.  

Video review after my 1st month of ownership.

Edited by X Plane
Asked to edit to add writeup on my thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Ok I'll say something. It was a good review right up until you started riding, after that, could hardly make out a word you were saying, and I'm Scottish so it's highly unlikely those over the pond will understand any of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 10/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, cabby said:

Ok I'll say something. It was a good review right up until you started riding, after that, could hardly make out a word you were saying, and I'm Scottish so it's highly unlikely those over the pond will understand any of it. 

Cheers, so need to talk less (Belfast like and more) s l o w e r l y, 'see you Jimmy' that my best Scotish, subtitles needed 😉😀

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Cheers, so need to talk less (Belfast like and more) s l o w e r l y, 'see you Jimmy' that my best Scotish, subtitles needed 😉😀

To be honest it was the wind noise along with your accent that was more the issue. Spent a weekend in Bangor recently so I can understand it 😎

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, cabby said:

To be honest it was the wind noise along with your accent that was more the issue. Spent a weekend in Bangor recently so I can understand it 😎

Motocross helmet an issue wind wise. Actually had 2 mics the one for the rear facing cam is better just need it fitted into road helmet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/9/2019 at 10:36 PM, Cruizin said:

Enjoyed the video, but would you mind writing up a few of your impressions about the bike? You can edit this thread to add commentary. 

Wrote (/ edited in) a first part write up of impressions into the beginning / top of this op thread. Takes and uses valuable time and brain cells up though 

• 1 year later...

Dank the yank here.  Understood you perfectly.  I guess talking motorcycles is the universal language.  Thanks for your review.  Not a T7 owner yet, thinking of trading my FJR in on one though.