Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello From the Tetons (Yank)

galenparke

Hello my name is Galen, I live in Jackson, WY.  This fall (2019) I sold my 690 Enduro R because the changes I wanted to make to it were generally answered with the introduction of the T7.  While I haven’t had a chance to get my fingers on one IRL, I am in the hunt.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, galenparke said:

Hello my name is Galen, I live in Jackson, WY.  This fall (2019) I sold my 690 Enduro R because the changes I wanted to make to it were generally answered with the introduction of the T7.  While I haven’t had a chance to get my fingers on one IRL, I am in the hunt.

Hi Galen, I live on the other side of the Teton's, in Idaho. Thanks for joining our forum and hopefully you and I can get our own T7's in a year or so. 

16 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Hi Galen, I live on the other side of the Teton's, in Idaho. Thanks for joining our forum and hopefully you and I can get our own T7's in a year or so. 

What is the latest you have heard about taking orders and delivery?  I have a big question mark in my garage for my adventure bike next summer.  Maybe an old 990, or a Africa Twin.  Then there is the thought of a pure dirt bike or a 450-500 dual sport, to accompany the kz750.  

Edited by galenparke

2 hours ago, galenparke said:

What is the latest you have heard about taking orders and delivery?  I have a big question mark in my garage for my adventure bike next summer.  Maybe an old 990, or a Africa Twin.  Then there is the thought of a pure dirt bike or a 450-500 dual sport, to accompany the kz750.  

Well, we dont get the bike until net year. Canada is already taking pre orders for a early summer delivery, but the USA Yamaha reps at the Aim expo had no details an a USA release date and no preorder for us.

But, I know a guy who can get you a German model shipped over to you by end of this month, but it will cost. Let me know if interested and I can get you in touch with one. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally combined a camera and a ride in the Tetons for ya.

IMG_4303.thumb.JPG.08dcd635aaf2a7feffe6f9466a216aa6.JPGIMG_3696.thumb.JPG.6df80763e58c73be656e493ca3c1a215.JPGIMG_3195.thumb.JPG.138bf95a02aa156439781062a2b57bf8.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks for the photos!  I lived and worked in Grand Teton NP for five years so this brings back memories.  

nice pictures but i still don't see the tetons!!!!!!   Limey, OUCH!!