Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Opening Headlight casing

700 TÄTÄRÄ (Simon)

Question

Want to mount a USB auxiliary port in the dashboard. Have to open the light casing for this. Has anyone got a video or instructions? Thanx, Simon.

7 answers to this question

• Premium Member

Hi Simon, you don't need to open the Headlight. You mean you want' to install 2nd USB on the right side?

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

• Premium Member

Remove the Dash then the Headlight can be removed

• Like 1

remove side panels, remove screen,remove winglets,remove cross bar,remove dash , loosen 4 screws at back of headlight and remove. i used the aux plug on the right side.

20 minutes ago, bth2 said:

remove side panels, remove screen,remove winglets,remove cross bar,remove dash , loosen 4 screws at back of headlight and remove. i used the aux plug on the right side.

Is that for a 10 amp plug - one of those 2 usb and voltage type?

7 minutes ago, Yammybound88 said:

Is that for a 10 amp plug - one of those 2 usb and voltage type?

2 x 2.1 amp + voltmeter, but the aux fuse is only rated at 2amp. ill probably never use both at once,i dont have that much tech so the 2 amp fuse should cover it. what issues increasing the fuse rating will have ,i have no idea. may be someone more lecky savvy can elaborate.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, bth2 said:

2 x 2.1 amp + voltmeter, but the aux fuse is only rated at 2amp. ill probably never use both at once,i dont have that much tech so the 2 amp fuse should cover it. what issues increasing the fuse rating will have ,i have no idea. may be someone more lecky savvy can elaborate.

The 2A amp fuse is for 12 volts so 12V x 2A = 24 watts so that 12v 2A 24 watts covers the USB’s 5 volt times 2.1 amps x times 5 volt = 10.5 watts doubled for dual = 21 watts total so therefore no bother to the 12volt 2amp (24watt) supply fuse. 

• Like 1

i knew there would be a magician out there somewhere. cheers

• Thanks 1