Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Headlight Guard Question

Motoadventure

Dose anyone have any information about headlight guards on the market at the moment as i don't fancy replacing the headlight and not keen on the Yamaha one  ?????

Thanks Mick 

6 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Dose anyone have any information about headlight guards on the market at the moment as i don't fancy replacing the headlight and not keen on the Yamaha one  ?????

Thanks Mick 

There's this Mad Max option..

7004564_hepco-lampenschutz-gitter_schein

Headlight protection Yamaha Tenere 700 - Headlight protection Yamaha Tenere 700 Rallye...

Don't like it myself. Looks like a fire guard!!

How about some of that thick clear protection tape? Some of it is super thick. Cut and shape to how you want it. I did that to my KTM a while back and I've had some really hard hits and it did its job.

Rich

• Like 3

I've been using them for close to 4 years, no longevity issues, have them on multiple things. 

Edited by ScorpionT16

On 10/22/2019 at 10:10 PM, Rich TT said:

There's this Mad Max option..

7004564_hepco-lampenschutz-gitter_schein

Headlight protection Yamaha Tenere 700 - Headlight protection Yamaha Tenere 700 Rallye...

Don't like it myself. Looks like a fire guard!!

How about some of that thick clear protection tape? Some of it is super thick. Cut and shape to how you want it. I did that to my KTM a while back and I've had some really hard hits and it did its job.

Rich

Cheers Rich bought a Hepco & Becker one like you say it looks like a fire guard or an Aussie  BBQ grate but didn't fancy a damaged light again on our off road trip to the Pyrenees. M e nad my mate still get immense pleasure roosting each other 😁😁😁😁   

3 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

Cheers Rich bought a Hepco & Becker one like you say it looks like a fire guard or an Aussie  BBQ grate but didn't fancy a damaged light again on our off road trip to the Pyrenees. M e nad my mate still get immense pleasure roosting each other 😁😁😁😁   

Super. Send some pics etc to the group. I had such a good time when I went recently. The bike is sooooooo good on and off road. Have a great time and do a daily update if you have time. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...