Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Off-the-Road levers

Totti

Question

Does anyone have any experience about the clutch and brake levers sold by Off The Road in Germany? 

They interest me because they are adjustable and foltable. The price looks reasonable, but are they any good? 

Link:

brake-clutch-lever-brems-hebel-kupplungs

Brake- clutch lever set, foldable and length adjustable, Yamaha Tenere 700 - Precisely machined billet clutch and...

Edited by Totti
typo
  • Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Hi, I have fitted Pazzo leavers which get great reviews and are the same fitment as the MT07 a bit costly but not sure about the quality. I bought a Chinese set for my GSA 800 at £30.00 a pair and did 17K miles a lot off off road with no problem so would suggest checking reviews before buying them.     

Mick 

• Like 1

For me- I have used similar "breakaway" style levers but ultimately went back to OEM as they are cheap to replace and most days "off road" I carry a spare set...  Only change I do is cut the rounded ball end off and I do make sure the lever housing is just loose enough to spin in case I do crash or to change the angle to suit riding such as standing up or sitting down... 

Ultimately I think it comes down to personal preference, some people want all 4 fingers on the clutch, me I only need my middle finger on the clutch lever, the other fingers stay on the bar... The fingers that stay on the handlebar act as a indication to me I have engaged the clutch enough to shift/slip clutch when the lever taps my fingers... 

• Like 3

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

I'm also looking  for 2 finger levers but the ones from Off The Road and similar look more like pling-pling not an real upgrade for offroad use.

But there should be levers of other Yamaha bikes which fit (but I'm not sure )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jo15176 said:

I'm also looking  for 2 finger levers but the ones from Off The Road and similar look more like pling-pling not an real upgrade for offroad use.

But there should be levers of other Yamaha bikes which fit (but I'm not sure )

Let us know if You find those.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

I use ASV levers on my dirtbikes. They last and are customizable. At the motorcross track alot of guys use these

asvc6_clutch_leverw_pro_perch_red.jpg

All ASV C6 levers feature a special pivot design that allows the lever to fold out of harms way in the event of a crash or tip-over. Instead of bendin…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

I use ASV levers on my dirtbikes. They last and are customizable. At the motorcross track alot of guys use these

asvc6_clutch_leverw_pro_perch_red.jpg

All ASV C6 levers feature a special pivot design that allows the lever to fold out of...

They look the bollocks, they do😎😍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'll be mounting these soon. They are Chinese, and I had a set of these on my Triumph Tiger 800xc for about 2 years. Worked fine, never any problems. Bought those to see whether they'd make a difference, planning to buy brand ones if they did. Never came to that :-).

They are about 20€ for the set, I'll make pictures when they are mounted and when I've had a chance to try them out. I still may choose to buy main brand afterwards, but we'll see.

MT07 levers

IMG_20191202_201521430.jpg

• Like 1

I'm debating with myself if I should take the plunge on Chinese levers or invest more money into something like puig... What are peoples opinions about the Chinese ones? 

I've read numerous reviews and people tend to be happy with them but some are saying they are concerned about safety... I'm confused 

😅😅

Yes always have this ,debate did 2 years and about 10,000 miles on an unbranded Chinese pair with j no problems at all but have heard people having problems. I have opted for a pair of Pazzo ones this time which are great but expensive 

7CA63F41-14F6-4942-8657-B749AB7E8A8A.jpeg

8A49D76F-63AC-4B85-A3A7-BCB443171E7E.jpeg

5 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I'm debating with myself if I should take the plunge on Chinese levers or invest more money into something like puig... What are peoples opinions about the Chinese ones? 

I've read numerous reviews and people tend to be happy with them but some are saying they are concerned about safety... I'm confused 

😅😅

Good question.

I always think "what are the most crucial parts of a motorbike safety-wise"? Other than the rider....they are the tyres, the brakes and the controls. I'm sure a Chinese option might be perfectly safe, but why take the chance for some extra ££ if a front-brake lever snaps? I'm the same with tyres. I buy the best I can afford sticky and grip-wise. I don't care about wear at all. I might if I was doing a 5,000 mile adventure.

There's enough dangerous situations on the road with other users, so why risk it further with a potential "money-saver"?

I would happily buy a cheapo exhaust end can, LED fog-lights etc. i.e. where safety doesn't come into it.

Rich

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Good question.

I always think "what are the most crucial parts of a motorbike safety-wise"? Other than the rider....they are the tyres, the brakes and the controls. I'm sure a Chinese option might be perfectly safe, but why take the chance for some extra ££ if a front-brake lever snaps? I'm the same with tyres. I buy the best I can afford sticky and grip-wise. I don't care about wear at all. I might if I was doing a 5,000 mile adventure.

There's enough dangerous situations on the road with other users, so why risk it further with a potential "money-saver"?

I would happily buy a cheapo exhaust end can, LED fog-lights etc. i.e. where safety doesn't come into it.

Rich

Hi Rich,

This is exactly my concern in regards to chinese levers and so many people seem to have had good experiences with them hence me considering them.

I think I will spend the extra money and not spend it twice and go with Puig brand or something that is recommended and has a good reputation.

Have you got aftermarket levers on your bike?

Cheers Aleks 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Hi Rich,

This is exactly my concern in regards to chinese levers and so many people seem to have had good experiences with them hence me considering them.

I think I will spend the extra money and not spend it twice and go with Puig brand or something that is recommended and has a good reputation.

Have you got aftermarket levers on your bike?

Cheers Aleks 

Not at the minute. Just standard. I like them to be honest. I've done plenty of other things mind😎

Rich

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Good question.

Rich

Completely valid point, even though one does not necessarily exclude the other (brand parts can and do also fail).

I know the German police had been known to check bikes for aftermarket parts (including levers) for homologation. Just to be clear: I'm not promoting the Chinese ones, just sharing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WalterT said:

Completely valid point, even though one does not necessarily exclude the other (brand parts can and do also fail).

I know the German police had been known to check bikes for aftermarket parts (including levers) for homologation. Just to be clear: I'm not promoting the Chinese ones, just sharing.

Presuming levers have ABE then they are on the safe side I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Presuming levers have ABE then they are on the safe side I guess. 

Correct. Homologation requires periodical (destructive) retesting of regular production. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hogan said:

Ahh  the old 'why take the chance' argument...

You start off by saying that the "why take a chance" argument is silly, then, after a whine about alloy production you tell us your problems after "taking a chance"!

I hope you are not a XXXX drinker!

Have a nice day,

Shane

Edited by shaneygrog
  • Dislike 1

Got these on the T7:

s-l400.jpg

Clutch Brake Levers for Yamaha R1 R6 R125 R15 FZ16 FZ1 MT09 MT07 MT03 FZ6 R3 CNC | eBay Motors, Parts & Accessories, Motorcycle Parts | eBay!

Been running china levers on all my bikes for more then 10 years, as a member of the Superduke forum once said: They are not made of chocolate!

And remember that most of the big brands have their levers made in China!

Anyone using these: Brake clutch levers SET MIDI black for Yamaha Tenere 700 (19-) DM07

The price is good, a set is 100 euro and they seem sturdy!

set.jpg

On 3/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, PTrouw said:

Anyone using these: Brake clutch levers SET MIDI black for Yamaha Tenere 700 (19-) DM07

The price is good, a set is 100 euro and they seem sturdy!

set.jpg

This would be my choice. Don’t need foldable or lengths adjustable levers. Midi lengths seems to be well for two or four Finger use.

I have MZS levers on the t7 and they are brilliant. I got the MT07 ones and they fit straight on. I got expensive brand name levers for my drz and although they are good too there is no difference. There is no chance of any lever breaking under normal use regardless of where it is made and if they break in a fall it means that your hand guard didn't do its job. 

Also worth noting that most of the brand name stuff is made in China too and that isn't a bad thing anymore. The manafacturing there can be as good as any other country. 

20200228_173528.jpg

20200228_172335.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bikeever said:

This would be my choice. Don’t need foldable or lengths adjustable levers. Midi lengths seems to be well for two or four Finger use.

"Brake clutch levers SET MIDI black for Yamaha Tenere 700 (19-) DM07

The price is good, a set is 100 euro and they seem sturdy!"

Yes I got them last week, fitted perfectly. Although shorter then the originals, still enough length.

Edited by PTrouw
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PTrouw said:

"Brake clutch levers SET MIDI black for Yamaha Tenere 700 (19-) DM07

The price is good, a set is 100 euro and they seem sturdy!"

Yes I got them last week, fitted perfectly. Although shorter then the originals, still enough length.

Could you post a pic to see lengths?

THX