Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Panniers

Stephen H

I’m starting to consider what panniers to purchase for my new bike. 
What are people using out there. I’m undecided between soft or hard ones and would like to know peoples experience with either on the T7

Cheers

I will fix batangacase on my t7. they will be available soon... 🙂

Edited by sebti

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

I personally think I will go with either Enduristan Blizzards or Kriega , they are good quality and keep the bike light as possible...still not sure if I need 2 panniers as I travel on my own and think that 20l would be enough.. Hard panniers on this bike seem to ad more weight and make it wider than it needs to be.. 

LUSA-007-XL_010.jpg

download.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I personally think I will go with either Enduristan Blizzards or Kriega , they are good quality and keep the bike light as possible...still not sure if I need 2 panniers as I travel on my own and think that 20l would be enough.. Hard panniers on this bike seem to ad more weight and make it wider than it needs to be.. 

LUSA-007-XL_010.jpg

download.jpg

I agree with you mate. Also softer panniers are much safer if you crash/slip off as they can't snap your leg like the corner/edge of an aluminium box can. Seems such a shame to add a boat load of weight and width to a bike that is actually really light weight, with those huge aluminium boxes.

As you might be able to see in the picture my right hand pannier is touching the exhaust. I’m wondering if other soft panniers like the ones suggested would do the same. 8E85C8C5-2F83-4BA3-9146-06E216EB3375.thumb.jpeg.37891de7e7db37909bcabf07d34a2c57.jpeg

10CDE0B4-0D05-49FF-A89C-E0373017CF1E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stephen H said:

As you might be able to see in the picture my right hand pannier is touching the exhaust. I’m wondering if other soft panniers like the ones suggested would do the same. 8E85C8C5-2F83-4BA3-9146-06E216EB3375.thumb.jpeg.37891de7e7db37909bcabf07d34a2c57.jpeg

10CDE0B4-0D05-49FF-A89C-E0373017CF1E.jpeg

If I am not mistaken this are the Moonson panniers from Ednduristan... I think there is a member here who has the Blizards on and he did not complain about touching the exhaust...

• Premium Member

Temporary Suggestion; if bag touches the exhaust then put some foam or something  across the rear seat to raise the bags up. Tent or even a sleeping-bag across rear seat would should raise bag up enough off the exhaust. 

• Like 4

I think it would be better to simply put some space between the exhaust and the bag, maybe something like this ... 

mosko-moto-hardware-exhaust-heat-shield-

The Heat Shield protects your bag from exhaust heat. It includes a hose clamp. It is designed for use with our Reckless bags, but can also be used with other soft bags. Dimensions: 6.5" x 3.5". The lip that raises it off the exhaust is 1". Made of aluminum.

• Like 2

Hello
I think I saw that someone here on the forum has mounted Kriega os base on his T7.
It would be nice with a review and some pictures.
I think they are nice and seem practical as you can easily take off the bags and leave the bracket.

13 hours ago, Bror said:

Hello
I think I saw that someone here on the forum has mounted Kriega os base on his T7.
It would be nice with a review and some pictures.
I think they are nice and seem practical as you can easily take off the bags and leave the bracket.

This is a Kriega OS combo of 32Ltr and 22Ltr using the OS Platform 

kriega-gsa-combo54.jpg

KRIEGA OS-SOFT PANNIERS - AN ALTERNATIVE TO YAMAHA HARD LUGGAGE

tenere700-main.jpg

tenere700-rear2.jpg

2C4A7296-Edit.jpg

2C4A7444-Edit-3.jpg

tenere700+platform.jpg

• Like 3

Hello
Thanks for the pictures.
Kriega OS-Combo is good, but it is the model without rack that I am interested in.
I think I have seen someone who has mounted these on T7.

image.jpeg.6f0bc8ca1370b1367602870b0863ff11.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bror said:

Hello
Thanks for the pictures.
Kriega OS-Combo is good, but it is the model without rack that I am interested in.
I think I have seen someone who has mounted these on T7.

image.jpeg.6f0bc8ca1370b1367602870b0863ff11.jpeg

I am definitely considering these bags but maybe without the base, I ride alone all the time and pack light. 

Main concern with this system is that it needs drilling 2 holes in the back fender. 

I don't know if this is something that I would like to do.. 

But the setup is better than enduristan as you can remove the bags and leave the base on the bike, or even leave the bag and remove the inner liner. 

Decisions? 🤔

• Like 1

I have ordered my T7 with rear package holder, as I think I can pack it for day trips, and that it provides some protection and you have something to lift in if you need it.
My wonder is if the base fits with the bracket and if you can have the largest bags without touching the muffler.

BW3-F48D0-00-00-REAR-CARRIER-T700-Studio-001_Tablet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the gen yam ones as part of the explorer pack. They are made by givi as i understand. Fit solid to the bike yamaha logo on the sides and details to the lock also. Rode them for 4 hours in monsoon conditions and didn't let in a whole load of water at all so happy with them once i get the givi or yamaha waterproof dry bags in them. I prefer hard boxes but that's just me...obvs fit perfect over and around the exhaust to.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was not happy with the original Yamaha luggage rack; too big and bulky and looks bad without the side cases attached. I opted for a SW-Motech detachable rack and are using Kriega sideplates and OS-32 panniers. When not in use, the rack is easily removed, and you can hardly see the the fixing brackets. Picture also shows SW-Motech crash bars and Ermax high tinted windscreen. (works very nicely)

T7 Kriega.jpg

• Like 2

To me this is the ultimate setup... Adventure spec side rack and either kriega os or enduristan blizzard medium.. This would be my choice.. Not that expensive and very good looking and practical. 

Screenshot_20200424-145020.jpg

• Like 4

im using givi canyons. great bags,totally waterproof inner bags. fitted to outback mototec racks. only issue,and common to the type of rack that clears the exhaust, is the width.a tad wider than the bars. havnt been filtering traffic yet and could be interesting.

Pair of side bags, 35 + 35 ltr Designed for Enduro and off-road motorcycles. Quick release UNIFIT from the mounts, with GIVI Security Locks (can be keyed the same as the top-case, trolley base or the toolbox using the SL102, SL103 or SL105 kits).A nylon plate is...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

To me this is the ultimate setup... Adventure spec side rack and either kriega os or enduristan blizzard medium.. This would be my choice.. Not that expensive and very good looking and practical. 

Screenshot_20200424-145020.jpg

Yep, defo. That's what I'll get exactly

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Yep, defo. That's what I'll get exactly

Rich this rack is amazing coupled up with enduristan blizzard and one xs 6.5 or 12 on the back you get 30l of luggage more than enough I think. 

And easy to remove if needed. 

This one has a similar setup hut without the rack.. 

Screenshot_20200424-202038.jpg

1 hour ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Rich this rack is amazing coupled up with enduristan blizzard and one xs 6.5 or 12 on the back you get 30l of luggage more than enough I think. 

And easy to remove if needed. 

This one has a similar setup hut without the rack.. 

Screenshot_20200424-202038.jpg

Nice. I'm definitely going to get the Blizzards and the Adventure rack no question. Super light, not wide, less risk of breaking your leg versus hard cases if you bin it and still looks good and easily removed.

Thanks 

Rich

• Like 1

Stolen from insta.. This is the exact setup I was talking about... Brilliant.. Just so that we have a picture in this thread 🙂

Screenshot_20200424-232630.jpg

• Like 1