Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Extended Screen

TheStig

I just purchased a new T7 Rally Screen which only took 10-15mins to fit, with "T7Rally.com" providing an easy step by step guide on You Tube.

Unfortunately, the first time i tried it, the weather was freezing and as i wanted to see what protection the screen provided fully extended, i soon found out that the freezing cold air that day was being redirected directly under the chin protector on my crash helmet. That redirection would probably be very welcome on a warm day so i learned my lesson very quickly.

Apart from that, the screen is easy to adjust and a great addition to my bike. It's too early to judge how much additional wind protection it'll provide, as i haven't really done any speed with it in these cold conditions & i got too distracted on the day to notice what difference it makes in terms of turbulence.

New Screen Raised Front.jpg

New Screen Lower Position.jpg

New Screen Gap.jpg

Side View Up.jpg

Side View Down.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Keep up posted on how well it works against the noise as it's something I'm considering as well. What height are you ? I'm 5.9 and at a guess I probably need it up about a couple of inches. 

Are we talking about just the screen extender brackets here? And not a new screen? As the screen looks just the same as standard to me.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:31 AM, Oyley said:

Are we talking about just the screen extender brackets here? And not a new screen? As the screen looks just the same as standard to me.

Yes just the brackets were changed to allow me to make the original screen higher if needed. Those new brackets can be seen clearly in the last photo!

Edited by TheStig
Highlighting the screen brackets

On 11/1/2019 at 10:28 AM, cabby said:

Keep up posted on how well it works against the noise as it's something I'm considering as well. What height are you ? I'm 5.9 and at a guess I probably need it up about a couple of inches. 

I’m 5.7 but as everyone’s got different upper & lower body sizes, it’s a very personal thing as to wether the individual suffers from turbulence or not. At least I now have the choice of adjusting the height of the screen to see if that helps!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wonder if just getting a taller screen would be better. I would worry that heavy rain would not go well with that one up all the way. 

I was looking at where the wind was coming over to my helmet today on the motorway and the screen doesnt need to be much taller to give full protection

• Like 1

Good Point. I just tried to utilise the existing screen that i could shrink back to normal size when needed as an experiment.

Any more news on the buffeting side of things.... I'm 6.4 and have a bit of buffeting that needs sorting out.. Just curious if these brackets are worth it... 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Any more news on the buffeting side of things.... I'm 6.4 and have a bit of buffeting that needs sorting out.. Just curious if these brackets are worth it... 

I would think at that height you would be in the market for an upsized screen. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

23 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

I would think at that height you would be in the market for an upsized screen. 

Might be the case but then the the brackets extend the screen by 50mm , I am not a big fan of large screens anyway but comfort over looks must be the winning answer here...I had one lip attached to my vstrom screen and it made wonders but it was also very hot in the summer... I think shorter screen is the way to go but I think there aren'r any available 🙂 

On 2/27/2020 at 7:20 AM, Gpk183 said:

20200223_134428.jpg

20200223_131433.jpg

Great photos...I'm looking forward to taking the T7 to Ireland in the summer!  Cheers,  Steve 

46 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Great photos...I'm looking forward to taking the T7 to Ireland in the summer!  Cheers,  Steve 

Let me know when you're coming and I can send you some maps

• Like 1

Thanks,  I will.  I lived in West Cork,  near Skibereen for a while and go back every summer.  For the last 5years on my trusty 660 Tenere ....now the T7!!. I think it's going to be a great bike for my trips to Ireland...and everything else.  Have a look at my You Tube videos of Ireland!

Cheers,  Steve 

1 hour ago, Great Escape said:

(...)I lived in West Cork (...)

Hmm, one of my favorite whiskeys  😀

1 hour ago, Great Escape said:

Thanks,  I will.  I lived in West Cork,  near Skibereen for a while and go back every summer.  For the last 5years on my trusty 660 Tenere ....now the T7!!. I think it's going to be a great bike for my trips to Ireland...and everything else.  Have a look at my You Tube videos of Ireland!

Cheers,  Steve 

Ah, me great ancesters were from Cork as well as Kenmare!

A beautiful place it is. And I wear high-viz Green.

Where does one find those YouTube videos?

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...