Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tank cover removal ?

cabby

Question

• Premium Member

I know someone on here has already had they're tank cover wrapped, so how does it come off ? 

I've removed all visible screws/bolts etc but don't want to just pull at it. 

8 answers to this question

• Premium Member

I have since managed to remove the cover, as was stated in another topic, it was a matter of being brave and just popping it off the sides. 

As I am interested in this as well, I looked for the maintenance manual (which I could not find yet), but the parts catalogue site does provide some help by indicating all the bolts:

BW31300-U270.PNG

8 minutes ago, cabby said:

I have since managed to remove the cover, as was stated in another topic, it was a matter of being brave and just popping it off the sides. 

You just 'pry' off the tank cover off the tank?  I'm asking as I may ending painting it.

One comment says bolts, the other pry it off.

Thanks.

Edited by ADVUSA

• Premium Member

It's quite hard to explain via type but once you have removed all the poppers/bolts etc take the cover from the top right hand side and try and lightly run a slim screwdriver down the inside til you reach about midway and then just pry it up slightly, it should just pop off, repeat other side.  

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, cabby said:

Did you take any pics along the way? Our tech tip section is waiting for tech tips like this , people who write up tech tips get rewarded around here!

Here is a photo with a yellow ring where to be cautious...(This is not from me the guy from a german forum hopefully doesn't mind...)

Tank_strip.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Did you take any pics along the way? Our tech tip section is waiting for tech tips like this , people who write up tech tips get rewarded around here!

I'm afraid I didn't. 

I have very limited room to work on my bike (it's in my house, actually inside) so with space at a premium and tools all over the place along with being a bit nervous about my actions, a tutorial wasn't in my thoughts. 

• Like 1