Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Phone mount

Clanceypants

Only put 100 miles on my T7 so far but absolutely loving every minute. I was lucky enough to have a dealer I've bought from before have someone unable to buy theirs after having had it on a waiting list so I ordered and had mine within a week. But I digress.

I thought I would post this as I was looking for a phone mount and struggling to find advice. I bought a handlebar mount which of course was useless on the thin mount bar on the T7. Anyway, I ordered a quadlock mirror mount and it fits perfectly on the bar and holds the phone stable as anything. If you're looking to mount your phone, I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Clanceypants said:

Only put 100 miles on my T7 so far but absolutely loving every minute. I was lucky enough to have a dealer I've bought from before have someone unable to buy theirs after having had it on a waiting list so I ordered and had mine within a week. But I digress.

I thought I would post this as I was looking for a phone mount and struggling to find advice. I bought a handlebar mount which of course was useless on the thin mount bar on the T7. Anyway, I ordered a quadlock mirror mount and it fits perfectly on the bar and holds the phone stable as anything. If you're looking to mount your phone, I highly recommend it.

Welcome and glad you like the bike.

I bought an ultimate addons waterproof phone case with their mirror mount which fits super solid on the top horizontal bar. This did me proud for 500 miles in the Pyrenees recently both on and off road.

0k21zrhxkly_240x.jpg?v=1571069732

Ultimateaddons Universal Tough Mount Case has an IPX5 waterproof design for 100's of larger screen Smartphones.  The case will accommodate phones up to a maximum size of 160 x 80 x 9mm.If you are looking for the best case to mount your Mobile Phone, whether it's a Samsung Note 9 or...

ryaaj3ra3hf_240x.jpg?v=1571069697

Details What's Included Our motorcycle mirror stem mounting attachment is designed to fit on mirrors / crossbars / fairing bars with a diameter of 8-16mm. This attachment is designed with the 25mm / 1" ball head which can be used with a wide range of adapters. This...

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

Hi  I bought a RAM mount ball about £2.00 and took a bolt out of my handlebar mount a RAM arm £12.00 ebay and a RAM ball i drilled the ball out and fixed it to the back of an Otter-box £35.00 for my i phone. The arm is the same as the one on my camera and can be adjusted to  the position you require and lifted up if you use a tank bag. The Otterbox is sort of showerproof and keeps the dust out. 

I hope this is of any use. 

Cheers Mick IMG_5619.thumb.jpg.75ebd855c3bca79c912592a5481bb38e.jpg     

• Like 2

Hi just a second hand Garmin Virb Elite camera (another ebay purchase). works in conjunction with the satnav. would be great if i ever had the chance to read the instructions but is quite easy to use. 

Mick     

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, Rich TT said:

Welcome and glad you like the bike.

I bought an ultimate addons waterproof phone case with their mirror mount which fits super solid on the top horizontal bar. This did me proud for 500 miles in the Pyrenees recently both on and off road.

Cheers

Rich

Hey mate,

could we pls have a picture of how it looks mounted on the bar? Is it not too monstrous, I wonder...

Thank and cheers,

Mirek

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2020 at 11:56 AM, Mirek said:

Hey mate,

could we pls have a picture of how it looks mounted on the bar? Is it not too monstrous, I wonder...

Thank and cheers,

Mirek

That mounts in the center of the stem bolt, on bikes that have a hole there. 

I use their mirror mount on the accessory bar above the cluster. 
Make sure you get the vibration damper. 

I can also highly recommend the Perfect Squeeze phone mount from Hondo.  Not cheap, but rock solid and fits on the accessory bar.  Several options available including a vibration isolation and inductive charging.  I have just the basic version for my Kyocera DFP.