Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaun

Cash price for tenere 700?

Recommended Posts

Shaun

I am going to test ride the tenere next week weather permitting and if I like it I’ll buy one, have cash buyers found there’s some discount to be had off purchase price?.cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cabby

Cash hasn't been King for years so I doubt you get it any cheaper than by paying any other means. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesE

Also, the bike is in huge demand and will be for a while, so can't imagine any dealerships will want to go any cheaper than list price. If you don't want to buy it at list, someone else will.

I also agree with Cabby. Dealerships make commission on setting up people on finance so they get much more profit setting you up on that instead of cash deals. Also (number 3!) Yamaha don't have huge profit margins on their machines compared to other manufacturers. I used to work in a dealership, hence the knowledge.

  • Like 1

9to5adv.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

Bike is in HUGE demand... I have had better luck with cash buying leftover new stock(wait a few yrs for demand to die down a bit)...you probably still can pay cash but don't expect a huge discount, probably  will pay near MSRP if your lucky... every  dealership is a bit different...

  • Like 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaun

I agree it’s in demand but bikes aren’t selling in any great numbers at the moment with uncertainty in markets over Brexit, around 6 weeks ago my local Yamaha dealer tex to say they had a cancellation of a blue tenere and they’ve still got it! The last bike I bought cash was a new triumph street triple RS 2017 and I got £550 off it for cash.you can still do well with cash depending on time of year and if bikes aren’t selling as quick as they thought they would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13

My bet is if you buy in December then you might get a better deal... Companies like BMW have a lot more margins in the bikes and offer discounts... Aleks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
8 hours ago, Shaun said:

I am going to test ride the tenere next week weather permitting and if I like it I’ll buy one, have cash buyers found there’s some discount to be had off purchase price?.cheers.

Good luck. In general there have not been Tenere 700 demo bikes. Therefore if you get a test ride, even on a canceled order bike, then who else has test rode that bike and it is no longer a new bike so that may be could / would factor in getting that. Based on your follow-on in the thread you have a preformed impression regardless. As said best wishes.

Edited by X Plane
Typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane

Cash is actually totally crap for a dealer as it needs counted, checked for doggy notes and is a security handling headache. I have bought my last 3 bikes using my debit card as much better than cash and no less buying power. True Cash is better than offering Monopoly money but money is money when transferred.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaun
2 hours ago, X Plane said:

Cash is actually totally crap for a dealer as it needs counted, checked for doggy notes and is a security handling headache. I have bought my last 3 bikes using my debit card as much better than cash and no less buying power. True Cash is better than offering Monopoly money but money is money when transferred.

When I said cash it included money transfer or debit card surely I didn’t need to explain that.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaun
3 hours ago, X Plane said:

Good luck. In general there have not been Tenere 700 demo bikes. Therefore if you get a test ride, even on a canceled order bike, then who else has test rode that bike and it is no longer a new bike so that may be could / would factor in getting that. Based on your follow-on in the thread you have a preformed impression regardless. As said best wishes.

The dealer has a dedicated demo bike plus a cancelled tenere in blue which is for sale 0 miles it’s new. One of the dealers ive spoken to today said they’ve sold 15 tenere this year which isn’t a massive amount, recently in mcn they quoted recent bike sales and the tenere was top in the adventure sector I cannot remember the amount but I remember thinking that’s not many for the UK, I think one or two on here have taken the salesman pitch hook line and sinker of how much in demand the tenere is!! I’ve yet to see one on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

When I said cash it included money transfer or debit card surely I didn’t need to explain that.

Saying buying the bike outright without financing it, surely, would have made it clear / clearer; as cash definition is coins and pound notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The dealer has a dedicated demo bike plus a cancelled tenere in blue which is for sale 0 miles it’s new. One of the dealers ive spoken to today said they’ve sold 15 tenere this year which isn’t a massive amount, recently in mcn they quoted recent bike sales and the tenere was top in the adventure sector I cannot remember the amount but I remember thinking that’s not many for the UK, I think one or two on here have taken the salesman pitch hook line and sinker of how much in demand the tenere is!! I’ve yet to see one on the road.

That is handy that there is a demo bike. They are a good bike. They get better with more miles on them to. Best of luck on negotiations.    

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaun
1 minute ago, X Plane said:

That is handy that there is a demo bike. They are a good bike. They get better with more miles on them to. Best of luck on negotiations.    

Cheers, there’s two dealers in Yorkshire with demo bikes  luckily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaun
13 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Saying buying the bike outright without financing it, surely, would have made it clear / clearer; as cash definition is coins and pound notes. 

If I buy something outright it’s with cash be it notes and coin or electronically (card or transfer) .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
31 minutes ago, Shaun said:

If I buy something outright it’s with cash be it notes and coin or electronically (card or transfer) .

Sellers shops ask: “Cash Or Card ?”

As they are not the same. Wikipedia definition is “Cash is money in the physical form of currency, such as banknotes and coins.”

Edited by X Plane
Added quotes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin

In the USA, I wait until a really snowy day in January. When the sales reps are bored and desperate. When they haven't sold a bike in weeks and all of a sudden I walk in the door and tell em that I want to buy a bike, but it's gonna cost em if they want to earn my business that day.  And I usually end up with a deal much lower than other people on my forums get months later when things warm up. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X Plane
5 hours ago, Cruizin said:

In the USA, I wait until a really snowy day in January. When the sales reps are bored and desperate. When they haven't sold a bike in weeks and all of a sudden I walk in the door and tell em that I want to buy a bike, but it's gonna cost em if they want to earn my business that day.  And I usually end up with a deal much lower than other people on my forums get months later when things warm up. 

I believe that the same thing can apply to and for caravans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cabby
13 hours ago, Shaun said:

When I said cash it included money transfer or debit card surely I didn’t need to explain that.

You obviously did need to explain that reading the replies you've had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.