Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Actual wet weight tenere 700

motorberus

Question

Has anyone that owns a new Tenere 700 weighed their bike? I have seen reports of 450 lbs / 205 kg, but from reporters and articles, not someone actually weighing one on a scale, and Yamaha have still not released the weight. Curious to know if it actually weighs 205 kg? Should be able to knock off 10+ kgs with exhaust, lipo battery, and removal of unnecessary stuff. 

17 answers to this question

OK, so I've had my bike on the scales and got a weight of 214kg with a full tank of fuel. Now the bike isn't standard so there are a few adjustments.

Yamaha Crash Bars +5kg (exact)

Yamaha Skid Plate +3kg (exact) but replacing the stock which I haven't weighed but I assume is about 500g, so net +2.5kg.

I haven't weighed the Lextek end can and link pipe against the stock, lets say a saving of about 2kg. 

But I think there's also a few kgs in the Motoz Tractionator Rallz Tyres compared to the Pirelli STRs as they're considerably more chunky.

Also, the barkbusters are slightly heavier than the standard handguards.

So, while this isn't 100% accurate, I'm pretty confident with Yamaha's statement of 204kg.

If I get time in the future, I may strip it all back and try again.

• Like 7

9to5adv.com

Yamaha Australia has it as 204 KG wet. I have read this figure many times when reading about the bike. I don't own one so can't weigh one for you but surely someone else here would like to? Beware though it seems most people here are bolting add-ons to their bikes thus making them heavier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motorberus said:

That is the first official weight I have seen posted by Yamaha. Thanks

No problem. I'm surprised it wasn't easier for you to find, as in other Yamaha websites maybe not giving a weight?

I'm hopefully getting mine on a set of scales this weekend (Sunday) so can get an accurate weight. I know the weight of all the accessories I've added so should be able to get a good number.

• Like 3

9to5adv.com

I'm hoping to get mine under 200kg wet... 

Remove rear foot pegs, tail tidy (should save 3kg on these alone) 

Exhaust can would save 2kg maybe and this should see the bike below 200 if the actual figures are accurate. 

Seems lighter to me though. 🤔😅

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Exhaust can would save 2kg maybe and this should see the bike below 200 if the actual figures are accurate. 

Like your thinking. I've removed a load of weight with all these things. The standard exhaust alone is so heavy, as are the rear pegs and the OEM number plate is also a monstrosity! All are gone on mine but I have added centre stand, heavy duty sump guard, barkbusters and Yamaha engine crash bars. But many of these are low centre of gravity.  Lithium battery and Titanium footpegs frim a WR450 will start to gain back more, but maybe that's going a bit far!!

Handles great and changes direction so well when stood up especially now I've raised the forks 10mm.

Rich

I think mine is about 400kg with all the stuff on it including camping gear etc. Still pulls 130km fully loaded and does not ride bad at all. It makes the front wheel a bit light but you get used to it quite quickly.  

IMG_6128.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

No problem. I'm surprised it wasn't easier for you to find, as in other Yamaha websites maybe not giving a weight?

Yamaha Europe is now showing wet weight of 204 kg as well. It was not listed before, must have recently showed up. 

8 hours ago, JamesE said:

I'm hopefully getting mine on a set of scales this weekend (Sunday) so can get an accurate weight. I know the weight of all the accessories I've added so should be able to get a good number.

Great, let us know how hefty she is :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Once you are there, please let us know TOTALLY what you removed.

I love to keep my bike as light as possible...

Always had light bike until I got my last GS...it was a learning curve 😅

• Like 2

4 hours ago, motorberus said:

Yamaha Europe is now showing wet weight of 204 kg as well. It was not listed before, must have recently showed up. 

It's good they have come up with a figure, and not just left it blank like when it was earlier released.

The OEM skid plate is about 780gram.

Replacing handguards with heavy duty Barkbusters or Acerbis adds about extra 400-500gram vs OEM.

My ACD skid plate is 2,5kg.

(My Outback Motortek lower crash bars are 2,7kg.)

Edited by PJS

On 12/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, TimmyTheHog said:

Once you are there, please let us know TOTALLY what you removed.

I love to keep my bike as light as possible...

Always had light bike until I got my last GS...it was a learning curve 😅

There is some bad news here gentleman butttt... 

Rear passenger pegs removed today and weight is as per picture plus the bolts... 500 per side... 1040 for the pegs. 

Tail tidy fitted and weight loss with original plate(which needs changing :))... Is 520g..

Basically tail tidy from t7rally and no passenger pegs would yield 1.5kg.

Next mod on the list : new number plate and exhaust

IMG_20200111_113631.jpg

IMG_20200111_112126.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13

Following!

Just changed my standard exhaustcan for en titanium cabon MIVV -2.7KG, removed rear passengers footpegs, -1.0kg. Saturday I get the R&G tail tidy, hope to reduce the weight -1.0kg. To do list, Adventure Spec bashplate +1.6kg, Barkbusters handgards, +0.5kg. Any tips how to lose more weight?

De cat exhaust but not environmental friendly. maybe 2-3 kgs less

Lithium battery will save/shave you maybe 1,5-2kgs.

Single front disc set up maybe another 2-3 kgs...

Edited by al700