Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

1 day , 1669km..

sebti

Hi all,

I have just finished an Iron Butt challenge. the " saddlse sore 1600 km" and I have done 1669km in 17h45 with my tenere 700.

I've got a comfort seat, made by a friend ( 3cm more than original ), and it was perfect...

I will writte an article on my website and with google translation I think all will be able to read the main... 🙂

What a wonderfull bike !! 🙂

P_20191107_001152.thumb.jpg.fd32a05b48539ea07989f4d93b7f53b2.jpg

parcours iron butt.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

23 hours ago, sebti said:

I've got a comfort seat, made by a friend ( 3cm more than original ), and it was perfect...

sebti, nice trip! 3 cm wider or taller? No easy to see it on the picture.

it is 3 cm more just on the top of the seat. 😉

I will quicly write an article on my website to show better the result 🙂

• Like 1

it's just rubber home made! 🙂

but now, mud goes just on the skid plate 😉

On 11/8/2019 at 4:14 PM, sebti said:

Hi all,

I have just finished an Iron Butt challenge. the " saddlse sore 1600 km" and I have done 1669km in 17h45 with my tenere 700.

I will writte an article on my website and with google translation I think all will be able to read the main... 🙂

What a wonderfull bike !! 🙂

P_20191107_001152.thumb.jpg.fd32a05b48539ea07989f4d93b7f53b2.jpg

parcours iron butt.png

Nice trip ...  I am planing a long trip next summer and this does give me more hope about achieving my target .. did you use a lot of motorway? 

Yes, because in French, speed limit is 80km/h in France. So in reality, riding at 80km/h makes 50km/h of average speed...

• Like 1

Beware of the flics (Gendarmes). I just paid 90,- EUR being 10 km/h too fast on the Route des Grands Alpes.

However interesting between 1 Km/h and 50 km/h too fast that makes no difference: it is always 90 EUR...

1 hour ago, H700 said:

Beware of the flics (Gendarmes). I just paid 90,- EUR being 10 km/h too fast on the Route des Grands Alpes.

However interesting between 1 Km/h and 50 km/h too fast that makes no difference: it is always 90 EUR...

Might as well go for 40km/h over the limit.. Lol 😂😂

40km/h over the limit, you let your bike and you can't continue your way...

Don't forget that an Iron Butt is not a race, and safety is a main subject. You don't have to overtake speed limits. If they see you overtake them, they can refuse to give you certificat...

I rode all those 1670km respecting speed limit. I love my driver license and I want keep it ! 🙂

Edited by sebti
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sebti said:

40km/h over the limit, you let your bike and you can't continue your way...

Don't forget that an Iron Butt is not a race, and safety is a main subject. You don't have to overtake speed limits. If they see you overtake them, they can refuse to give you certificat...

I rode all those 1670km respecting speed limit. I love my driver license and I want keep it ! 🙂

I agree with you 100 percent just made a joke as the fine stays the same, usually it goes up gradually with the speed. 

We all like a bit of action but keeping it safe on the roads is priority no 1.

😁