Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Trip to Pyrenees

Motoadventure

Monday trip to Dover. 185 miles bike went well, comfortable with the standard seat. New Michelin Anake Wilds fitted very loud on the road buzzing  over 50 mph but calming down after a few miles assumed after the corners have been scrubbed in..

Problems 

The Yamaha carbon effect indicators stopped working possibly due to the lack of proper plastic connectors a wire has come loose a complete chocolate fireguard (Yam very poor) 

The heated grips are poor to say the least hands are freezing despite Klim winter gloved i could barely feel any heat on full. My GS I had to turn them down from full same trip last year and the temp was only 6. A complete waste of money and heading for the wheely-bin   (avoid at all cost)   

Pictures Full English on the Dover Calais ferry 

Frozen bikes in Dover 

DFDS ferry with the bikes tied down 

Cheers Mick 

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5915.jpgIMG_5920.thumb.jpg.a9d2c54aec39c19f0ca3b0f057356172.jpg

Edited by Motoadventure
  • Like 3

Day 2 above 320 miles across France the bike is going well and comfortable.  fuel it seams to do about 1754 miles before reserve comes com fully loaded with camping gear. so seems fine. The full exhaust is a little loud but I like it anyway.  

The indicators are intermittently working and will have a look when is stops raining. 

My hands are freezing but smiling like a Cheshire cat despite them.  Great accommodation with a hot shower and mega bed so all well so far 

Moto Adventure Man (Mick)  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

Day 2 above 320 miles across France the bike is going well and comfortable.  fuel it seams to do about 1754 miles before reserve comes com fully loaded with camping gear. so seems fine. The full exhaust is a little loud but I like it anyway.  

The indicators are intermittently working and will have a look when is stops raining. 

My hands are freezing but smiling like a Cheshire cat despite them.  Great accommodation with a hot shower and mega bed so all well so far 

You mean 175 miles before reserve light comes on?? 

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

54 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

Fantastic Mick and keep it coming. Did you see my post about the heated grips? They come as standard set up for a small bike/scooter ie crap wattage. You have to hold down the power button for 5 secs or so until the single light flashes then keep pushing the button until all 3 lights light up. That's set for the big bike and max power. I think you just let go and it keeps that max power all the time.

Keep up the good work and send loads of nudes (the bike that is🤣)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Day 3 600 Km ride to the south of France a couple of miles from the coast. T7 is everything I expected so far and a lot more.  I am comparing the ride with my GS 800 adventure which until now was the best all round bike I have had and the yam is very similar in almost everything on the road. I ride with my mate Al on a GS 800 and the engines are very simulacrum speed. We have drag races them, rolling test etc  and  they are the same speed.

my big problem at 130 km in 5 deg temperature my hands are freezing. Al tells me he has turned his heated grips down so I will fit some better ones (genuine yam ones look nice but not fit for purpose) we are off to Andorra today hopefully start trail riding in the Pyrenees very soon. 

E2F2B6F7-059B-4625-9280-C1CE0E4CE0CC.jpeg

84D09EDB-47E0-444A-A873-EF06127DDB12.png

• Like 3

• Moderators

Great update, Cheers Mick. Did you catch that thread where people were dialing their Yamaha heated grips up after the dealership installed them? Not sure if that helps in this scenario. Safe travels.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Good ride report. Shame your hand are feeling the cold so badly. Have you tried to turn the heated grips up like previous posters have mentioned. What gear are you wearing to keep warm. Have you managed to sort the indicators out. 
Hope today’s ride where ever it maybe goes well and you have fun. 

Heated grips work really well when the palm material of the glove is thin vs thick padded/insulated winter gloves... same goes for heated gear- always wear as 1st layer over your normal underwear/tshirt type of deal vs trying to use it over multiple layers...

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

6 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

my big problem at 130 km in 5 deg temperature my hands are freezing. Al tells me he has turned his heated grips down so I will fit some better ones

Sorry to keep labouring this, but trying to get your hands warm🤗. Have you set them to the max CC?

See below. Not obvious at all unless you have the instructions. Worked much better when you do (I found out the hard way)

Cheers

Rich

Image result for yamaha oem heated grips instructions

Edited by Rich TT

It's quite late in the year to visit the Pyrenees, I hope you don't encounter too much snow.  I only say this as I have had it snow on me in July at higher levels 😮

7 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Good ride report. Shame your hand are feeling the cold so badly. Have you tried to turn the heated grips up like previous posters have mentioned. What gear are you wearing to keep warm. Have you managed to sort the indicators out. 
Hope today’s ride where ever it maybe goes well and you have fun. 

Hi Steven yes on full thanks indicators working again so must be a loose wire on the crap connections you get with them. i have Klim Badlands gear on which has been fantastic for the last 2 years. EDZ thermals under which are OK we have been riding in temperatures down to 0 and snowing today. Could have been warmer with more thermal stuff on but bone dry. 

Cheers Mick   

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It's quite late in the year to visit the Pyrenees, I hope you don't encounter too much snow.  I only say this as I have had it snow on me in July at higher levels 😮

Yes snowing today 

Mick 

4 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Sorry to keep labouring this, but trying to get your hands warm🤗. Have you set them to the max CC?

See below. Not obvious at all unless you have the instructions. Worked much better when you do (I found out the hard way)

Cheers

Rich

Image result for yamaha oem heated grips instructions

Cheers will have another look. but i have the 3 green lights on so assume OK 

Mick 

3 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

Cheers will have another look. but i have the 3 green lights on so assume OK 

Mick 

No, that's not it. Look at the instructions I posted and my other thread. It's possible to have the 3 lights on but lowest wattage, which are shite. You need max wattage set up and the 3 lights. Have a go. Your hands will be warmer I promise.

Day 4 Mick and Al's Trip to the Pyrenees. Rain, Showers and lot of snow we had the lot. turned back 20 miles from 

Andorra by to chaps in a snow plough. sorry no pictures we just pressed on. T7 never missed a beat with the luggage and Yam Panniers / top-box keeping all the weather out the Michelin Anikee wilds where fantastic in the snow and wet hardly moving all all. with 1000 miles on the buzzing has calmed down only noticeable on smooth tarmac. 

my panniers /  top-box have 38KG of stuff in them which makes the front a bit light but getting used to it.  

We ended up in Perpignan   France for the evening and will be planning tomorrows mission shortly .     

10 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

No, that's not it. Look at the instructions I posted and my other thread. It's possible to have the 3 lights on but lowest wattage, which are shite. You need max wattage set up and the 3 lights. Have a go. Your hands will be warmer I promise.

Top man will have a go in the morning. 

Cheers Mick 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 11/13/2019 at 7:56 AM, Rich TT said:

Fantastic Mick and keep it coming. Did you see my post about the heated grips? They come as standard set up for a small bike/scooter ie crap wattage. You have to hold down the power button for 5 secs or so until the single light flashes then keep pushing the button until all 3 lights light up. That's set for the big bike and max power. I think you just let go and it keeps that max power all the time.

Keep up the good work and send loads of nudes (the bike that is🤣)

Mike, Yeah, for the Heated Grips set to full power as Rich says:

"hold down the power button for over 5 seconds

or so until single light flashes then

keep pushing the button until all 3 lights light up" t

o Set for FULL HEATed over 600cc bike power mode.

Enjoy Trip

Best wishes

Cheers Noel 1000 miles with freezing cold hands. 

DUUUUR Mick 

Edited by Motoadventure
  • Thanks 1

Day 4 Mick and Al's aborted trip to Andorra with the T7 going well. Off again tomorrow with some further information on the heated handlebar grips.

Thanks all for the advise.

Mick  

My Video-00-00-10-321.jpg

• Like 2

Day 4 Mick and Al's Adventure bikes locked up outside the hotel room in Perpignan. and salad for my tea done tell anyone as it is not the traditional fair of a builder.   

Mick 

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Motoadventure said:

“Day 4... salad for my tea done tell anyone as it is not the traditional fair of a builder.”  Mick 

IMG_5959.jpg

😮 careful there as there could be Salad 🥗  Rejection Builder Syndrome SRBS later ☺️. Here
If I do tell you could get banned from your local 5 ways cafe back home 🤣. Though you are on holiday so fair play. Enjoy. 

• Like 1