Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Trip to Pyrenees

Motoadventure

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Just to remind everyone, you can click on "promote" up at the top of any page of this thread to be sent notifications whenever this ride report is updated.  A box pops up asking  how often you want to be notified of updates. 

Following threads like this is a great way to stay up to date! 

IMG_6059.thumb.jpg.dc848f38569bb794ce111ef14117ebe5.jpgDay 9 I think? Weather is bucking up freezing but dry. late start to some more trails. They never seem to stop. Quick check of the bikes and then we are off  for the day.  Bikes are fully fueled and so are we two bowls of Golden Grahams and a brew. 

10 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

IMG_6059.thumb.jpg.dc848f38569bb794ce111ef14117ebe5.jpgDay 9 I think? Weather is bucking up freezing but dry. late start to some more trails. They never seem to stop. Quick check of the bikes and then we are off  for the day.  Bikes are fully fueled and so are we two bowls of Golden Grahams and a brew. 

looks like a great trip fellas, thats what I like to see blokes having a great time & bikes getting dirty

• Like 1

Getting a bit muddy stuck in a so called dry riverbed. The Michelin’s dragged my out with no problem at all. 

CA864FFE-0937-406F-8878-BB75862AAB9D.jpeg

60FCFB82-B38F-4BF7-8F36-11AB2848AD9A.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 9 Broke tooth on a piece of stone in sausage last night. Chipped the end of a point see photo (Small piece on left is the tooth rest is stone). After testing with an Almond Magnum it seems OK. After some deliberation about sorting it out filing with the Leatherman  or wet and dry sandpaper I opted for the latter. worked a treat.  The adventure continues.  

IMG_6096.jpg

Trail cooking tip. Spanish onions seem to make my eyes water. Not anymore check out my Arai onion pealing shield.

Dragons den I think??? 

Mick 

IMG_6090.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 11/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, Motoadventure said:

Day 8 Riding in the mountains above Tudela about 150k off road  

Glad that the weather got drier and picked up a bit 👍

• Like 1

Day 10 Mick and Al's big adventure. I seriouly tested the crashbars and Barkbusters riding through a Dawn French / Laural & Hardy type puddle. The front went to the axle and as luck had it a bolder flicked my front wheel onto the lock stop firing me into orbit. The Yamaha Crash bars  and rear rack protected the bike without a mark on them and barkbusters did not move.

In all seriousley good stuff  and well recomended. Also both Pazzo leavers bent up and out of the way with not damage to them or me.  

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mick. Nice to know the Barkbusters and oem crash bars did there stuff and the bike was well protected. Also your pannier frames saved the Akro as well. Try stay on it today 😀
Cheers Steve

• Like 1

Will Do Stephen, it was one of those unavoidable ones but keeping well out of the way of puddles. 

Day 10 Mick and Al's Adventures. Yesterday we  did 246 KM  with about 90% off road. Riding from Villafranca following the Aragon river towards Pamplona and back through the Bardenal Realas Desert ariving back at 6.30 a great day out indeed fantastic trails and awsome views on the way.  IMG_6117.thumb.jpg.320a87922219ce44ad62739f54a9780b.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

• Like 1

Loving all this Mick. I can see the rear knobbly is starting to wear, but absolutely expect that after that great workout.

As you may remember I did a Pyrenees trip last week of Sept/first of Oct, with a thread on here.

The weather was amazing and 25-28C every day with pure blue skies. I spoke to the locals and they said that's typical of that time of year. I'm guessing you went at this time, because it's the only time you could or you wanted more of an adventure and put the bike through it's paces in rain/snow etc.

Enjoy and safe ride home.

Cheers

Rich

HI Rich, No planning aroud the weather at all we are just fools. 😁 We usually go Valencia for the MotoGP  and weather has been OK  for the last few years. but last year it rained  this year it snowed a lot and very cold. We also came in June this year and it rained quite a lot, but as you know the riding is fantastic but would be nicer in the sun. 

Any more trips organised? 

Cheers Mick  

2 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

HI Rich, No planning aroud the weather at all we are just fools. 😁 We usually go Valencia for the MotoGP  and weather has been OK  for the last few years. but last year it rained  this year it snowed a lot and very cold. We also came in June this year and it rained quite a lot, but as you know the riding is fantastic but would be nicer in the sun. 

Any more trips organised? 

Cheers Mick  

Likely the Picos next year I reckon (same time of year i.e. warm and sunny!). Plus will likely take the T7 to the TT along with my custom Honda Cub in the van.

Cheers

• Like 1

Fuel, 

Just to comment I got 250 KM  out of a tank of fuel from full to the fuel light comming on. I did a further 50K on reserve. 

Does anyone know how  far the old girl will go after the fuel light comes on? 

Mick   

Day 11 

Bikes out then the rain came down did 118 KM and sacked it😪 about 30% off road unfortunatly got some shopping in and back to base for the afternoon. IMG_6119.thumb.jpg.9d6c6d6ab7479437610ae37adf9dd6a8.jpgAt least it cleaned some mud off the bikes. 

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Fuel, anyone know how  far the old girl will go after the fuel light comes on? 

Mick   

Hi Mick, I’ve had between 4 and 5 litres or so left after refuels when fuel light has come on, so I reckon that she’ll go 50 to 60 miles no sweat on reserve no bother. Note, that a note of how much fuel you get in to the 16 litre tank, guess go got between 14 and 15 litres in. So I reckon you had well over a litre or 10 or so miles still left. Cheers Noel

Day 12 - 23/11/19 186KM following the river Aragon back and forth to Pamplona. A spectacular route accross the mountains with a lot of dirt roads we did most of the day off road. Had an off on the T7 with Al loughing a Dawn French type puddle with a rock at the bottom. the bike stopped and I did not. Crash Bars, rear rack and the Barkbusters protercted the bike once again with no damage to the bike or exhaust.   IMG_6126.thumb.jpg.6631f1eac24e4fdda9544dbcdfdb5042.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

• Like 1

Like any trip it’s over to soon. Riding 4 hours from Tudela over the mountains of Pamplona and thro on to the cost road we travels to the ferry port at Santander. Meeting up with a few likeminded riders and a few beers on the ferry. 

F478B5CE-5619-428E-A2AE-EE19FB2E335F.jpeg

DF5DE9D8-F50B-4FEB-BC5C-2F977C4DED72.jpeg

Morning All. Its all over back to work this morning and looking forward to planning the next trip. I will post some more photos if anyone is interested.

Mick 

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

• Like 1

Found out how to do this YouTube footage on a road in the Pyrenees. My IT skills and obviously camera skills are even worse than my bike riding. Enjoy but please be gentle with the comments chaps. 

Cheers Mick