Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Fender Kit for the T7?

Adi Torpan

Question

It's a matter of taste.......I like it. I mounted Acerbis Supermoto fender and cutted the lower one, so no brakeline need to be changed

Tenere hoch1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2019 at 2:05 PM, Cruizin said:

I wonder why we won't be getting LED's? Old bulbs suck , LED should be standard on every bike now. 

it is the ancient law of DOT that "light fixtures needs to reach certain wattage to be deemed legal"...

landscape-1439554460-screen-shot-2015-08

Innovation moves much faster than legislation.

Here is a bunch things that we are not allowed in the US/Canada...

I can't seems to find the actual law right now.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

I will be looking forward to your high fender mount mod once it is ready.

Edited by TimmyTheHog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Adi Torpan said:

Is on the market? Where?

Thanks!

You could probably find some mounting holes under the bottom triple tree( fork clamp) and buy a YZ style fender... 

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

I had this at the old XT660Z, but now the brake lines need to be changed 😞

asz.jpg

Edited by Adi Torpan

Yes, Ermax mades one. 8cm higher than original. Perfect for me ! 1m86

73040857_525682971497354_127527570830157

un essai de la bulle haute ermax pour ténéré 700. Des images pour comparer et le ressenti en roulant, tout est dans l'article!

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Lupo said:

It's a matter of taste.......I like it. I mounted Acerbis Supermoto fender and cutted the lower one, so no brakeline need to be changed

Tenere hoch1.jpg

There the pic I have been waiting to see! The Acerbis red looks like a great match - nice fit. 

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I like high fenders for a very practical reason. Back in 1983, I was riding my brother's Yamaha SR 500 a bit more off road than I was supposed to be.   I was taking a shortcut thru the woods from my girlfriends house to get home and put his bike away before he could get home from work. 

I had gone thru some mud and bunch of gravel. I was flying across a gravel pit when a rock got wedged between the low fender and the tire, which locked the bike up and sent me flying about 20 feet and luckily, into a creek. The creek was rocky and white water in that section and I went barreling down the creek bouncing off and dragged across rocks  in the creek. I hit some calmer water and climbed out, with a broken collarbone and a big gash on my head. 

If not for that creek, I probably would have broken my neck.  I do not ride low fender bikes offroad after that, the single scariest thing that has ever happened to me on a motorcycle.  I don't know how the rock got lodged between the fender and the tire, but it damn near took me out. This is why dirtbikes have high fenders. 

I'm actually upset that Yamaha put a low fender on this bike. They must think that nobody will be taking it off road. 

• Like 2

Yes agreed I had the front wheel lock and I pushed it several M before realizing. had to take the mudguard off 3 times before riding without it and damaging the break line clipped just above. BMW had to change the line as the ABS needed to be reprogrammed at a cost of about £180.00. i will have a look at various options as they become available at we where well and truly up s**t creak at the time. The T7 lifts up a bit but am not sure if this is enough.      

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

• Like 1

When we get our bikes in the USA if there is not a front brake line kit Availible , I will design one and sell em here on the forum. I already have a few ideas from the pictures. I wish I could get my hands on one of the USA test bikes. 

• Like 5

• Premium Member

Rob, 

All the bikes we are seeing in the US are French made, the factory in Japan isn’t “supposed” to start production until January.  

• Premium Member

“Should be” identical from what I’m hearing but won’t know for sure until we see them. There wasn’t any difference between the 2010’s in Europe and the 2012’s in the US from what I remember.... 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, Cruizin said:

Do you think that the Japanese models will be different?

A Yamaha rep in Canada at the dealer tour stated the only difference he was aware of was incandescent bulbs for all the indicators as opposed to LED's. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

A Yamaha rep in Canada at the dealer tour stated the only difference he was aware of was incandescent bulbs for all the indicators as opposed to LED's. 

I wonder why we won't be getting LED's? Old bulbs suck , LED should be standard on every bike now. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

My only guess is that to be Euro 4 compliant, the french made bikes were outfitted with LED's, which aren't mandatory in North America. This gave Yamaha an opportunity to save 30 cents a bike I suppose.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, Cruizin said:

I think they have tons of them in stock and they only want to get rid of them...😜

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, Cruizin said:

I like high fenders for a very practical reason. Back in 1983, I was riding my brother's Yamaha SR 500 a bit more off road than I was supposed to be.   I was taking a shortcut thru the woods from my girlfriends house to get home and put his bike away before he could get home from work. 

I had gone thru some mud and bunch of gravel. I was flying across a gravel pit when a rock got wedged between the low fender and the tire, which locked the bike up and sent me flying about 20 feet and luckily, into a creek. The creek was rocky and white water in that section and I went barreling down the creek bouncing off and dragged across rocks  in the creek. I hit some calmer water and climbed out, with a broken collarbone and a big gash on my head. 

If not for that creek, I probably would have broken my neck.  I do not ride low fender bikes offroad after that, the single scariest thing that has ever happened to me on a motorcycle.  I don't know how the rock got lodged between the fender and the tire, but it damn near took me out. This is why dirtbikes have high fenders. 

I'm actually upset that Yamaha put a low fender on this bike. They must think that nobody will be taking it off road. 

Thanks for sharing - that is pretty scary

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 3:29 AM, Lupo said:

Tenere hoch1.jpg

Hi, could you put a pic of  how is the high fender holded, please? Thanks

I am just posting here for those wondering if what looks to be upper crashbars are compatible with high fender. The crashbars look like Adventure Spec or Cross Pro design and the high fender must be a Polisport or an Acerbis...
99123223_10220326332740892_8346076828653

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, al700 said:

I am just posting here for those wondering if what looks to be upper crashbars are compatible with high fender. The crashbars look like Adventure Spec or Cross Pro design and the high fender must be a Polisport or an Acerbis...
99123223_10220326332740892_8346076828653

Is there not an option on the market to make some brake line holders for people with high fender kit .. it does look nice but for me the brake lines dangling like that in mid air is just not pleasant to watch 😄 

Attached is an example ... how hard would this be to make it work on the T7?

Aleks 

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 20.15.14.png

I think there is a high fender kit with half high fender that has better cables management but can't find it now. but it is half high fender. the rear part is missing. 

• Like 1