Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First ride - total newbies. :-)

Life2ontour

We have been waiting to get a test ride on the T7 and when we did, we thought we'd best record it - except one of us (me) forgot to hit "record" on the Mike...  Grrrr...

Still, the video was still made.

🙂

• Like 4

Sorry to blunt and give offence but I feel justified in my comments . 

Mick    

51 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

Sorry to blunt and give offence but I feel justified in my comments . 

Mick    

I just deleted the rest of your post. That is no way to talk to other members on the forum. There are new bikers, experienced bikers, inexperienced bikers. There are adv riders, street riders, newbs, squids and even moped riders. 

And you know what? as long as they are polite and cordial, they are ALL welcome on this forum. 

Be nice or be gone. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I just deleted the rest of your post. That is no way to talk to other members on the forum. There are new bikers, experienced bikers, inexperienced bikers. There are adv riders, street riders, newbs, squids and even moped riders. 

And you know what? as long as they are polite and cordial, they are ALL welcome on this forum. 

Be nice or be gone. 

8 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Be nice or be gone. 

Point taken sorry, I did not meen to offend anyone.

I just do not understand why inxperienced riders voice their opinions on how good bike are stating it is not very good on the road when it is supurb.

I am all for free speach but I would not comment  on the practicalaty and cost effective operation of th Hedron collider as I no little or nothing about it. 

Mick 

• Like 1

There's a part of me that wished I had seen the deleted post but thank Cruizin for the moderation.

It does take a lot to offend me and I will be the first to accept our 0ff-road experience is limited and I hope this came across in the video.  As for our comparison for road work, I'm coming from a Tracer 900 (previously Nuda 900 and FJR 1300) that is a pure street bike.  The T7 will not compete with these for the road BUT (and I hope this came across too), the T7 is more than capable on road and is the perfect machine for getting too and from the greenlanes, where it excels itself.

I don't wish to open up a debate that was obviously moderated.  However, I acknowledge my views will never be the same as everyones and there will be those that disagree - happy to debate those differences even if we end up agreeing to disagree.

It is expected we will document our journey of learning how to live with the T7 and I fully expect my views to improve/change with that time - bear with us, we are new to the greenlanes but will continue to share our experiences - warts and all.

Cheers,

Carl.

• Like 2

Fun video, but just wanted to pop my experience in as far as the T7’s road ability. I took mine racing at Lydden Hill. I was scraping pegs, and placed 16th fastest time of the day out of some 90 people(number 208 Wil Collins in the picture). It’s not a sports bike but in the same breath it’s not crap on road either. 

2269EB0B-0A5C-4092-B53A-1AD3A95224E8.jpeg

89E9E2D5-AB40-4ADE-B9F1-C77401BB3465.jpeg

B871C022-F63B-4FF7-8295-67709E5E848B.jpeg

• Like 7

On 12/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, Wilcollinsphotos said:

Fun video, but just wanted to pop my experience in as far as the T7’s road ability. I took mine racing at Lydden Hill. I was scraping pegs, and placed 16th fastest time of the day out of some 90 people(number 208 Wil Collins in the picture). It’s not a sports bike but in the same breath it’s not crap on road either. 

2269EB0B-0A5C-4092-B53A-1AD3A95224E8.jpeg

89E9E2D5-AB40-4ADE-B9F1-C77401BB3465.jpeg

Love it and well done that man. I thought how good it would be laced up to 17 inch rims.

Obviously not as hard core, but I had my T7 right to the edge of the front and rear standard tyres in the Pyrenees at the end of Sept on the twisty passes and honestly couldn't have gone quicker on my old Tuono V4R on those roads (all 2nd, 3rd, 4th gears). It really does it all.

Rich

• Like 2

...like to see a XSR in front of you.

But the other thing is, what I do not get tired of to tell the people: The new Tenere 700 is a very very fast bike on road. Do not underestimate it. And the Pirellis fit perfect for ambitious road riding.

• Like 2

Yes couldn't agree more, I came off mud and snow covered trails in the Pyranees handeling better than any trail bike I have ever owned streight onto tarmac twisty roads scraping the centre stand. so an allround awsome bike  

IMG_6080.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, Wilcollinsphotos said:

Wow, this photo is amazing. The best T7 advertisement so far :)

Great job with the race. Congratulations.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 2:41 PM, Motoadventure said:

Yes couldn't agree more, I came off mud and snow covered trails in the Pyranees handeling better than any trail bike I have ever owned streight onto tarmac twisty roads scraping the centre stand. so an allround awsome bike  

IMG_6080.jpg

Nor sure I like the sound of scraping the centre stand - easy to do?

• Confused 1