Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from Cornwall

Greener

Hello, picked the bike up Saturday morning,23rd. Managed to get a test ride at ABR festival, rode it like a crosser, then smooth as on the road, sign me up, I thought. Sits right in between my 990R and Ccm 450, both going. Hopefully get some more Cornish photos next weekend, cheers

170786B0-F88E-4D76-A8F8-DAB5D30AD39A.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/26/2019 at 10:37 PM, boboneleg said:

Nice photo.  I sold my 990 Dakar to buy my T7, it's already interesting to see the differences.

Would you like to share some of what you have found that differs between the two bikes?

1 hour ago, shaneygrog said:

Would you like to share some of what you have found that differs between the two bikes?

I had two 950's and then a 990 Adventure over a period of 12 years.  The T7 is just so smooth compared the KTM's , you hardly know the engine is running at times, you always knew you were riding a bike when you were on the KTM's.

It's early days with the T7 for me but it seems lighter and steers better and I don't know what all the fuss is about the seat , i find it ok, probably got a KTM bum 🙂

I'm still running it in at the moment so hard to compare speed but the orange bikes seemed faster , but that doesn't worry me at all.

I'm enjoying it and can't wait to open it up .

cheers,  Bob.

KTM and new leg 001.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I think the T7 is definitely down on power compared to the KTM's but unless you have a lady on the back I don't think that's a problem at all. I would always prefer lower weight for a bike than more power.

Enjoy the run-in.

Cheers interesting stuff had few KTM's but suffer from reliability problems. the yamaha seems bulletproof so happy to have a little less power as a trade-off   

• Like 1

No worries, I’d like to agree with what you said, had a spot of bother with me knees lately, found the 990 getting heavier and really, all that power is only gonna get me in trouble( inability to throttle off). Echo everything others are saying about t700, I’m on384 miles, oxfords ordered, tail tidy from t7 rally, Bumot soft luggage rack. Can’t wait for the weekend

EEC92649-2FB2-471F-8838-E930CF1745A5.jpeg

• Like 1