Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What a bike this is ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

Aleksandar13

After today's ride (even in 7 degrees cold weather with no heated grips) I must say that this bike is the best bike I have tried and ridden so far and I have tested some bikes and owned a few.ย 

Coming from a pig in terms of weight (Gs1200), the tenere 700 handles so much easier and it just steers in the corner with so much less effort and its confidence inspiring.

Engine is the smoothest engine I have tried ( 4 cyl Honda is smoother but this is a twin)ย 

Ktm has to learn from yamaha when it comes to smooth engines in the lower rev range, bmw needs to get their boxer running with no power dips all over the bloody rev range... ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ข

I am amazed how this engine is so much fun and has so much to offer and finally I have a bike where you can use the power and not be concerned about doing 100mph in 2nd gear.

I was concerned about the brakes a bit as my bmw used to have a better initial bite but after couple days and some riding I am happy with how the bike stops, might consider a more aggressive pad later on.ย 

Seat is hard yes and people complain, but to be honest the sofa seat from the Gs was more painful after 3h in the saddle then the t7 seat.ย 

The overall package offered is probably the best value for money. I've steered away from German and Austrian brands due to reliability and cost of ownership

Future plans are

:ย soft luggage (enduristan or kriega) ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” maybe some people will share their opinions on this.ย 

Exhaust : might try lextek as other people seem to be happy with this (seems to be the cheapest at the moment)ย 

Levers : I need some advice here but I am not willing to spend more than 110 130 for a pair ๐Ÿ˜…

Tyres : Bridgestone A41 are probably going to be my choice beginning of the season next year to improve handling and wet weather performance although the stock tyre is doing well so far.ย 

Below pictures from today's ride in the countryside.

Aleksย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

IMG_20191201_141554__01.jpg

IMG_20191201_141649__01__01.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, ahamay said:

How do the stock hand guards work as far as weather protection?

I haven't compared with anything else but they seem good for weather protection.ย 

If there would be a brand out there that makes reinforced ones that look stock I would buy... Don't like the looks of most as they have names on them and look a bit motocross to me. ๐Ÿ˜…

For me as a on road rider they do the job nicely.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great, glad you're enjoying the bike as much as the rest of us!

I've done a review on the Kriega OS Base if you're looking for cost-effective soft luggage:

20191020_114602.jpg?fit=4032%2C3024&ssl=

Tested on the Yamaha Tรฉnรฉrรฉ 700 This review contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you wonโ€™t pay anything more, but we do get a small commission from that website to help keep us riding. โ€ฆ

The Lextek is a great exhaust, we'll have a video up soon with the full system on and comparing it to the Akrapovic.

• Like 2

9to5adv.com

Aleks thanks for the review and pictures.ย ย 

ย 

Cheers

-Bob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesE said:

That's great, glad you're enjoying the bike as much as the rest of us!

I've done a review on the Kriega OS Base if you're looking for cost-effective soft luggage:

20191020_114602.jpg?fit=4032%2C3024&ssl=

Tested on the Yamaha Tรฉnรฉrรฉ 700 This review contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you wonโ€™t pay anything more, but we do get a small commission from that website to help keep us riding. โ€ฆ

The Lextek is a great exhaust, we'll have a video up soon with the full system on and comparing it to the Akrapovic.

Thank you for sharing your review about the Kriega base pack.ย 

I'm torn between this setup and the enduristan one..ย 

I'm just a bit concerned that for my next trip to Montenegro for 5 days I won't need 24l of capacity and then I wouldn't use the setup at all.. I'm looking at one bag setup maybe but I'm yet to trial all that I need for the trip and see how much space I require before I commit to buying something.ย 

After another 3h in the saddle my butt is starting to get used to the bike and I have now adjusted the levers and the gear lever to suit me and I'm gelling in with the bike nicely.ย 

It was dry and 11 degrees outside with patches of wet leaves here and there but a very nice ride.ย 

I'm amazed at how smooth the bike is in the lower rev range as well and how enjoyable this 75hp are. I would have thought after 1200 cc engine it might be a bit more boring but it is actually more recording and fun.ย 

ย 

IMG_20191207_141918__01.jpg

• Like 2