Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OEM and aftermarket

Christopher

All the shots of the bike show an Akrapovic exhaust. ADV gossip suggests it’ll be a factory option, which would be nice. 

What else would you like to see as official options and what are your priorities for aftermarket parts? 

If the fuel tank offers less than a 350km range, I hope IMS or someone can quickly supply a bigger main or auxilliary tank. I’d also like to see a paperless air filtration option, some minimal engine case protection, and a recluse clutch.

- Chris

2 hours ago, Christopher said:

All the shots of the bike show an Akrapovic exhaust. ADV gossip suggests it’ll be a factory option, which would be nice. 

What else would you like to see as official options and what are your priorities for aftermarket parts? 

If the fuel tank offers less than a 350km range, I hope IMS or someone can quickly supply a bigger main or auxilliary tank. I’d also like to see a paperless air filtration option, some minimal engine case protection, and a recluse clutch.

- Chris

I believe that Akra exhaust will be an option in Europe and Australia.  But it will not be a Dealer option in the USA due to emission laws. Which is ok with me because I often choose Graves Motorsports for even more HP.   It's not a dealer option on the MT-07 in the USA for the same reasons. 

Fuel tank. Believe me, if the fuel tank is really heavy in weight with small capacity, I'm sure this forum could talk Clark or IMS into a big group buy. 

If the tank has at least four gallons, I will be happy with capacity. My concern will be the weight of the tank and attached fiberglass and crap. If it is a heavy monstrosity, I will approach IMS to make a lighter option.  My goal will be to get my bike's weight down as close to 400 lbs as possible, for my off road trips. I will also want to get any and all easily breakable stock parts off my bike. 

I hope to see two different option on the Tenere 700.

1. Tenere 700 with a lower seat and hard bags for those who ride only on roads, for touring. 

2. Tenere 700 X, with high seat, skid plate, high fender, no traction control, no ABS and stripped down parts for those of who venture off road. 

If I were Yamaha, I would launch those two models at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Christopher said:

- Chris

I live close to the Rekluse factory. They already developed a clutch for the MT-07, so it would be easy to install it on the T-7. Trust me, they will be on here once the bike gets released. I'll offer my bike up as a R&D for them as soon as I get it. 

• Premium Member

I would love to see the luggage rack as a factory option, or aftermarket which can be purchased with the bike. 

Yamaha-Tenere-700.jpg

Other things:

- Crash bars

- Auxiliary lights, either OEM or aftermarket. 

- Exhaust. Akra as factory option would be awesome. Or else I would buy MIVV, as I had on the MT07. Great sound and price on that one. 

- LED indicators if not standard. If so, I may go for the Yamaha Plus indicators. 

- Bark Busters. 

- GPS, probably Garmin. 

- Adjustable levers. (I got small hands ? ) 

Fabros

12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I hope to see two different option on the Tenere 700.

1. Tenere 700 with a lower seat and hard bags for those who ride only on roads, for touring. 

2. Tenere 700 X, with high seat, skid plate, high fender, no traction control, no ABS and stripped down parts for those of who venture off road. 

If I were Yamaha, I would launch those two models at the same time. 

Perhaps they’ll take a page from Honda’s AT and launch your lighter weight X version in year two or three, depending on sales of the original.

I like your X version, except with the luggage racks shown on the prototype. Not a fan of hard cases but I do like the look of that rack system for Mosko Moto bags. 

11 hours ago, Fabros said:

Other things:

- Crash bars

- Auxiliary lights, either OEM or aftermarket. 

- Exhaust. Akra as factory option would be awesome. Or else I would buy MIVV, as I had on the MT07. Great sound and price on that one. 

- LED indicators if not standard. If so, I may go for the Yamaha Plus indicators. 

- Bark Busters. 

- GPS, probably Garmin. 

- Adjustable levers. (I got small hands ? ) 

Fabros

I’m hoping for LED signals as well! Those pokey front ones on the prototype look like good candidates to be replaced with button lights that sit closer to the cowling. 

and the bark busters would be a nice addition too.

Higdonion Skid and Cage will protect the T-7 ... 

as for suspension im hearing the frame/suspension is built around the 2008 W450F- so its a possibility suspension components/kits will be readily available- no need for air cone/hybird/string theory math stuff ?

as for fuel range- well that's dependent on the operators state of mind, the right wrist disconnecting from rational thought, etc ...so with that in mind and if the T7 shares same sized gas tank as the FZ-07...210 miles a tank is doable for mix of slow speed and highway speeds- 

stock exhaust will suffice- gotta be sneaky off road to steal Yogi's picnic basket... 

NO ABS YAMAHA!!!-  we know you pay attention to us on the interweb  ?

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

54 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

as for suspension im hearing the frame/suspension is built around the 2008 W450F- so its a possibility suspension components/kits will be readily available- no need for air cone/hybird/string theory math stuff ?

as for fuel range- well that's dependent on the operators state of mind, the right wrist disconnecting from rational thought, etc ...so with that in mind and if the T7 shares same sized gas tank as the FZ-07...210 miles a tank is doable for mix of slow speed and highway speeds- 

stock exhaust will suffice- gotta be sneaky off road to steal Yogi's picnic basket... 

IT has to have ABS to sell in Europe.  And hey, we have no promises that the bike will even be sold here even though I think it will. Yamaha always launches a bike in Europe first. 

We still don't have the fj-07 here and I'm not sure if we ever will. 

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

We still don't have the fj-07 here and I'm not sure if we ever will. 

Nov 2020? 

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• Members
8 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Hope it has a bigger tank, there are times I'm looking for gas on my FZ07 at 100 miles ?

• Premium Member

AltRider and Twisted Throttle are both chomping at the bit to get their hands on this bike ASAP. I’ve talked to both of their CEO’s a few years back when the prototype came out about either using my bike or buying their bike after they are done with it to design parts. I think I’ll go with one of the smaller guys though. Jaxon at Ride On ADV has been a great guy in the Super Tenere community. He makes good stuff! 

• 2 weeks later...

Pleeeeze Yamaha, don't announce an offroad version is "coming" in a year or three's time  ...  remember there are the Tracer's to be road versions - what will a T700 Road Version offer that a Tracer 700, 700GT, 900, 900GT cannot????  Just give us a Tenere !!!

?

BTW I seriously considered Tenerizing a 700 Tracer.....

Peter's Adventure Bike Donors.PNG

• Premium Member

So, here we have a few pictures of the bikes from Eicma, and I can see the following "OEM" products:

- Hard luggage. 

- Auxiliary lights. 

- Crash Bars.

- Centre stand.

- Chain Guard.

- Akrapovic exhaust. 

- 12V socket. 

I might have missed something, so you are more than welcome to fill in. ? 

Fabros

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG