Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Nick Sanders says the T-7 is 170 KG's /374 lbs!

Cruizin

Hallo würde mich interessieren ob es auch von der normalen XT 660 R eine Nachfolgerin mit dem MT07 Motor geben wird !

Jetzt wo es eine neue Tenere gibt ?

Gruß SoWeiDie

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, PNWTEN said:

I wonder if the difference in weight is the akrapovic pipe ? Or Nick was just smoking the pipe ??

20KG on the exhaust? I know it´s EURO4-spec with two or three catalyst converters, but still. Not 20kg of it. ?

Fabros

You can save 3-5kg on a legal aftermarket titanium exhaust full system, IMHO.

On my 2005 R1200GS from OEM to Akrapovic I saved 5 kg on the full system and no CAT  (sorry officer, I'm a doggie person and I don't like cats...)

• 3 months later...

I think and hope Yamaha are busy trying to make the Tenere 700 as light as possible, due to the fact the number of lighter bikes are now on or soon will be on the market.Ktm 690 for example.

I hope they are also designing a better luggage system. Whats the point in making a slim bike and then sticking on a balcony on each side !

Tracer 700GT is 196kg wet.

Tracer 900 is 214kg wet

If we assume the T7 is a Tracer 700 with full frame and better suspension, I'm going to estimate 205kg wet.  If it is more than 210kg wet I will cancel my order and get a Tracer 700 and Tenerise it.

And another thing:  Tracer 700GT is £7,999 rrp so if the T7 is more than £8,999 I will cancel my order, get a used Tracer with very low mileage and tenerise it and save a bundle.  When you study this T7 it is really just a 660 Tenere with an MT07 engine - even Nick the Sanders sed it feels like a smooth 660 !!!  what a palaver Yamaha are making of this...

So, Yamaha dears, I hope you are reading our posts, grrr,  because you have sure tested our loyalty and bladdy patience....

FYI I currently own a 2005 R1200GS with just over 10,000 miles on it, so the temptation to copy Touratech is also strong.  The GS has been a great bike for me - just a bit hefty.

Then the Dark Side of the Force whispers  "buy meee"   a KTM-Husky 710.  One went past me like Hot Fuzz was after it the other day and it sounded nice  🙂  

After all is said and done, more is said than done  🙂 

Peter

On 2/15/2019 at 9:51 AM, prwatts said:

Tracer 700GT is 196kg wet.

Tracer 900 is 214kg wet

If we assume the T7 is a Tracer 700 with full frame and better suspension, I'm going to estimate 205kg wet.  If it is more than 210kg wet I will cancel my order and get a Tracer 700 and Tenerise it.

And another thing:  Tracer 700GT is £7,999 rrp so if the T7 is more than £8,999 I will cancel my order, get a used Tracer with very low mileage and tenerise it and save a bundle.  When you study this T7 it is really just a 660 Tenere with an MT07 engine - even Nick the Sanders sed it feels like a smooth 660 !!!  what a palaver Yamaha are making of this...

So, Yamaha dears, I hope you are reading our posts, grrr,  because you have sure tested our loyalty and bladdy patience....

FYI I currently own a 2005 R1200GS with just over 10,000 miles on it, so the temptation to copy Touratech is also strong.  The GS has been a great bike for me - just a bit hefty.

Then the Dark Side of the Force whispers  "buy meee"   a KTM-Husky 710.  One went past me like Hot Fuzz was after it the other day and it sounded nice  🙂  

After all is said and done, more is said than done  🙂 

Peter

What are you doing to get all of those Â 's in your posts? Are you using a translator or something? 

You can shed quite a bit of weight off the bike- all the extra bits that get added such as side reflectors, adding smaller turn signals ( not the big OEM floppy stalk pumpkins), change to LiPo battery, aftermarket exhaust, Airbox, tail tidy, AIS system, etc... I lost like 25lbs off my FZ-07, even my FJ-09 lost 20lbs even after adding a full engine cage and upper fairing crash bars...

I also suspect the T7 to be a bit heavier than the FZ-07 due to heavier forks( it's proper dirt bike forks vs the FZ-07 cheap rod/damper forks), stronger frame since it's looks to be primarily geared towards off-road( FZ-07 itself is flexy), any added factory equipped luggage options, they probably don't come equipped with the Akra exhaust (its probably an optional upgrade you can buy thru dealership)...

You can probably turn a Tracer700 into a T7 but won't be worth it in my opinion due to suspension, stronger frame, the T7 has spoked rims and the Tracer700 has cast aluminum rims, etc...

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

About the LiPo Battery:  does the bikes charger keep it charged or do you have to charge it separately?

What brand do you recommend?

Must it have a built-in voltage regulator?

Thanks

Peter

10 hours ago, prwatts said:

About the LiPo Battery:  does the bikes charger keep it charged or do you have to charge it separately?

What brand do you recommend?

Must it have a built-in voltage regulator?

Thanks

Peter

The bike will charge the LiPo but it will need a LiPo battery charger for trickle/float charging or winter storage... 

Any of the bestseller brands on RevZilla will suffice for a LiPo type battery...

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

On 2/15/2019 at 8:17 AM, David said:

I think and hope Yamaha are busy trying to make the Tenere 700 as light as possible, due to the fact the number of lighter bikes are now on or soon will be on the market.Ktm 690 for example.

I hope they are also designing a better luggage system. Whats the point in making a slim bike and then sticking on a balcony on each side !

You can always buy soft luggage (Mosko/Kriega/Sw-motech) 
Even yamaha holland put tenere 700 with soft luggage package. 
tenere-t700-soft-lugage-jpg.1545030

Photo taken by David Koolmees at the Motorbeurs, Utrecht, Holland at the Yamaha booth

• 2 months later...