Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Has anyone tried a full exhaust? or just a header replacement?

Tazmool

@ RichTT - can you share how you addressed the O2 sensor with the Arrow titanium headers?  I just fitted them on my bike but the O2 sensor wire is significantly too short to reach the port on the Arrow headers.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple here...is there an extension to order or something I can't seem to find?

6 hours ago, FLG8RRider said:

@ RichTT - can you share how you addressed the O2 sensor with the Arrow titanium headers?  I just fitted them on my bike but the O2 sensor wire is significantly too short to reach the port on the Arrow headers.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple here...is there an extension to order or something I can't seem to find?

That's strange as mine just screwed straight in as per standard pipes no problem at all.

I didn't need to order anything extra at all.

Unless your O2 sensor plugs in to a different place to mine? Do you have Euro 4 or 5? The later ones have a big catalyst in the headers. Just a thought.

Rich

Edited by Rich TT

7 hours ago, FLG8RRider said:

The Euro 5 Model has the O2 Sensor way higher on the headers than the euro 4 models. you need this https://www.off-the-road.de/en/tenere-700/exhausts/992/leovince-lambda-wire-extension-yamaha-tenere-700-2021-euro5?c=80

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kowalski said:

The Euro 5 Model has the O2 Sensor way higher on the headers than the euro 4 models. you need this https://www.off-the-road.de/en/tenere-700/exhausts/992/leovince-lambda-wire-extension-yamaha-tenere-700-2021-euro5?c=80

Good call and to confirm a solution too. That's what I was thinking as mine just plugged straight in, but good to have evidence. 

• Like 1

Full decat stainless exhaust from Blackwidow in the UK  ( exc fitment/quality and value..really nice muffler)

2wheelDynoWorks ecu reflash

Snorkel removed

Bike rips and is super smooth everywhere...exc fueling...stupid fuel decel cutoff feature deleted ...bike now coasts like a bike should...throttle is smooth as a well jetted carbed bike

Happy T7 😎

• Like 2

58yrs old/brother/husband/father/paramedic/soldier🇨🇦 

On 3/25/2022 at 5:59 PM, Rich TT said:

Good call and to confirm a solution too. That's what I was thinking as mine just plugged straight in, but good to have evidence. 

Kowalski, you are a life saver.  I truly appreciate you weighing in.  Just ordered that bad boy.  Can't wait to get my computer back from 2 Wheel Dyno Works.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have a 2021 T7 Rally with the Akrapovic  end can and wanted to know which decat headers would be compatible, I am interested in possibly getting the black widow headers. Has anyone fitted non Akrapovic headers with the Akrapovic end can? I was hoping to avoid the £500 price tag of the Akrapovic headers.

Edited by TTIan

My understanding is that BW headers will fit the stock yamaha muffler....so any slipon deaigned to ...well...slipon should work with the BW headers

the BW headers are very well made and fit exc btw.

I find their muffler of exc build quality as well...time will tell for durability 

it is a very compact design....lightweight ...300mm long body and narrow

as such it has limited volume to do its job....I am running their db killer which it comes with which tames the note to an acceptable street volume but rwtains a great sound....I would prefer slightly quieter still but not a problem

i think a 400mm can body would be ideal

i inquired if they offered that but dont...they did mention they offer an additional db killer that goes in the inlet side of the can ...designed to further reduce noise complimentinf the db killer in the outlet ....I may give it a try....

58yrs old/brother/husband/father/paramedic/soldier🇨🇦 

• 9 months later...

Black Widow Full system 300mm can arrived last night.  Cant wait to get here swapped.  Will have ECU flashed soon as well.  Super excited. 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, Texas700 said:

Black Widow Full system 300mm can arrived last night.  Cant wait to get here swapped.  Will have ECU flashed soon as well.  Super excited. 

You’re gonna love it……

It sounds great.  I heard somewhere where this 700 is a flat plane crank design, it sounds almost like a Ducati.  Camel ADV header came in last night, that is my evening project.  Ill post pictures soon, it's coming along great.  Full Denali Light package almost done.  This bike is a hoot to ride.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

LeoVince no-cat headers --> Camel enduro bend --> Wings exhaust with an ECU flash.  It's a smidge louder but not shockingly so.... I guess you'd say it has some "authority" now.

I'm not even sure it's any louder than my (just arrived) bone stock Triumph twin, to be honest.