Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Curious, are you copying and pasting text from another program ?  Just wondering how your text comes out like that? 

It happens if you copy and paste from ADVRider.  When you paste it and it comes up like this, the program on this board will provide a popup to convert to plain text and it will take out he black background and return it to "nomral".   Ask me how I know?

Edited by scridercoach
  • Haha 1

My dealer dropped the ball on my order as well. I was out of town on the AT during a long motorcycling trip. Never checking the internet or forums. Only to see the PDP date come and go by weds of this week when I returned home. So I tried to set it up thursday afternoon and it is a no go it appears. So I contacted my dealer and they knew nothing about the PDP date or setup. I sent them a pic or two from this forum and the sales guy I have been working with since late Febuary on this "said looks like we will need a $500 deposit". I said fine I will pay you now but I think I have missed the window. He said "we can get you one through our rep". I gave him my CC number but I still feel as though the lack of straight communication from them on this and between yamaha I have missed the boat. Doubt I will wait 6 more months for next shipment. Certainly will not be using anymore yamaha PDP buying programs.

Sucks because I am afraid even if I had paid the $500 way back in Febuary I'd still be in the same boat. I offered to pay then knowing how the PDP worked sort of similar on the S10s back in 2010. So I am dealer hosed and yamaha left out.Glad I still have my AT.

Well I am back in the hunt! Only gotta wait until August. I’ll have my bike according to Yamaha. 

Just a minor setback but I’ll wait another few months. Unless customs somehow drags it out it should be at my dealership sometime in August. Not happy how this turned out but I am mostly to blame.

Our riding season doesn’t end around here until November and even then you can ride through the winter day to day. Some of our best seasonal riding here in the deep south is late August until October. June, July and August here are brutal heat and humidity. 

Edited by roy826

On 5/24/2020 at 8:05 AM, BMRT7 said:

I was in the same boat. I got a reservation number on Friday but then work and life got in the way. 

I finally got a chance to talk to my guy at the dealership Saturday at like 4 pm eastern. Got my deposit in and he sent me an email a few minutes later with my receipt and my claim number. 

He gave me a call back and said what he is hearing from his Yamaha rep is that they should be seeing them first or second week of June but he would keep pressing them for updates. 

I am lead to believe that everyone that got a reservation number was able to get a bike...?? I saw someone post an image saying reservations had sold out which makes it sound like there was a limit on those numbers. It’s a strange system to have to get in line with Yamaha and then get a deposit to a dealer when you can’t control factors like your dealer answering the phone, etc. 

This was probably the latest Claim# order I have heard (4:00 Saturday/Eastern). 
Do you mind sharing the  3 numbers after the 73 _ _ _ ?  Plus, what state?

My Claim was submitted after 6:30 Friday (Eastern) Claim# 73 722  5
I heard some dealers double-ordered due to a system crash.  Maybe, Saturday afternoon they had additional bikes after canceling duplicate orders.

Tom from GA

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Just thought of something, wouldn't it suck if protesters burned down the warehouse containing all of our bikes?

That would suck! In LA and Oakland (2 major ports) there are riots happening now. Hopefully the bikes get shipped out soon

First:  I'm glad there is a resource like this forum to decipher some of the "info" put out by Yamaha and their Dealers!

I have been waiting for the "correct" bike to come along and think this is going to be a great adventure ride.  I was able to get on and register when Yamaha posted the registration siteat 12:22, printed off my registration number, then made my way to my dealer by 15:30.  He took my information/registration #/payment info.  Later that day Friday 22nd, I got the email from Yamaha stating:  Thank you for participating but all models for this round have been claimed but we look forward to your stories when you get on a T700.  I sent that info to my dealer and he stated "that's not the case for you Jon."  He followed that up with a copy of the PDP form with his name, my name, a claim # (which matches up with a format I have seen on this forum), a created on date, my reservation number, and a model/name/number for my first pick.

I did not receive a call from Yamaha, my dealer is still yet to take my deposit, but I have been assured I have a bike through his research into the process.

I am slotted to get a bike..... BUT …. having my butt on it will be my only guarantee!

Just my experience through this process that I wanted to share.

• Thanks 2

My local dealer began accepting deposits in February of '20.  I placed mine and waited...  A day before the PDP went live online, the sales manger called and emailed me the link.  (I had also received it directly from Yamaha after signing up for updates on the T7 months earlier) At 9:59 AM MST, I queued up and got ready to hit the link.  After a couple of tries, I was able to complete the PDP reservation form at 10:02 AM, make my 2 color choices, and off it went.  I received a reservation confirmation number from Yamaha a couple of minutes later.  I forwarded the confirmation email to the sales manager, and off we went.  Hopefully all is well.  Tomorrow is June 1, and according to info from Yamaha, the first round of T7s are supposed to hit dealers in the first week of the month.  Fingers-crossed.  It has been a long wait.

10 minutes ago, hialti2d87 said:

Tomorrow is June 1, and according to info from Yamaha, the first round of T7s are supposed to hit dealers in the first week of the month.  Fingers-crossed.  It has been a long wait.

My guess, is that with the rampant civil unrest going on, coupled with rules in place to quell the pandemic, things will be delayed a bit. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

Got a reservation # - Got a Claim #

Dealer verbally verified I got a bike!!

I hope I'm getting a bike because I looked at my credit card bill and there's a LOT of parts for a T700 being shipped to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gtimko1012 said:

I hope I'm getting a bike because I looked at my credit card bill and there's a LOT of parts for a T700 being shipped to me.

I hear ya. I was promised in January before all of this I'd have a bike by Spring, was told I needed to put down a down payment though to secure it. BullSHITE. Then, this online cage match free for all for a very limited amount of bikes goes on and decided to stick with it. Claim number and again, another promised the first week of June. Ive got parts coming too, but if the bike isn't hear in 3 weeks, I'll be posting a bunch of parts.. Camel gut guard, high fender kit, bobble head, and rally pegs, tail tidy...a few other bits for sale and buying a new Adventure R. Took one for a spin this weekend and all I can say is WOW. What a bike. Man that thing has POWER and gobs of suspension. 

Ive got a trip planned in 2 months and need a bike. Was willing to wait for the Tenere and have done just that, but after being yanked and then yanked some more....and promised, and down payments that mean nothing... if it's not here in 3 weeks then Yamaha has lost my business and I'll be buying my 2nd brand new KTM within 3 years. . 

Edited by johnnygolucky

On 5/30/2020 at 10:36 PM, Cruizin said:

Just thought of something, wouldn't it suck if protesters burned down the warehouse containing all of our bikes?

Don’t! Just don’t go there. 🤦‍♂️😂

2 hours ago, gtimko1012 said:

Oh, we are getting bikes. Might be June , might be July or it might be August. Yamaha refuses to tell us or the dealers. 

33 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Oh, we are getting bikes. Might be June , might be July or it might be August. Yamaha refuses to tell us or the dealers. 

I'd love a rational explanation as to their reasoning for this. Not expecting one as we all know it'll never happen but still..

Was hoping to have it early.. likely come while I'm away for a month later in August and I'll have every tom dick and harry in the dealership crawling over it.. 🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, Cruizin said:

They are probably still figuring out how to distribute what bikes are here, as far as what dealers get them. I am not sure I would tell the dealers anything about future deliveries either. If there is change in CV 19 spread the factory re opening date of 6/12 could change. If it opens later than sooner you just gave you dealers and their customers more false hope.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

While we wait, the press corps is out riding T7s. There’s a post on FB showing four bikes tooling around North Georgia. 

Frustrating. 3 are the Intensity white, the colorway I’m waiting on. 

147C3095-AA74-4C20-ACF2-C8431C4C4471.jpeg

Edited by scridercoach

15 hours ago, gtimko1012 said:

Yeah me too. All roads point to me getting a bike, but I can't help but worry a slight amount how long it will be knowing how much money in parts is already here.

56 minutes ago, sgec said:

I just got a text from the dealer that my T7 has shipped!

Are you in Bend, OR?  My dealer keeps saying they know nothing. Don't want to call them out publicly but they are on the way from me (in Portland) to Bend.

• Like 1

Update: My dealer now says the bike has shipped and should arrive next week.  Can't wait!

• Like 4

On 6/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, gtimko1012 said:

Got an update from my dealer that my bike was shipped out on June 3rd from Mobile, Ala.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gtimko1012 said:

Got an update from my dealer that my bike was shipped out on June 3rd from Mobile, Ala.

From Mobile to SLC?  WTH?  Seriously, none of this follows any rhyme or reason, at all.  I'm in South Carolina and waiting until July?   I'm over my initial disappointment, but am still astounded by how really bizarre the whole process has been.

Edited by scridercoach