Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

Dealer just called me...would not previously provide a Claim number.

2nd Half of July.  😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

From Mobile to SLC?  WTH?  Seriosly, none of this follows any rhyme or reason, at all.  I'm in South Carolina and waiting until July?   I'm over my initial disappointment, but am still astounded by how really bizarre the whole process has been.

Doesn't make sense to me either coming from Mobile but that's what the salesmen told me.

I'm actually buying it in Pocatello, Idaho so it's even farther away from the shipping point in Mobile.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Dealer just called me...would not previously provide a Claim number.

2nd Half of July.  😂

Well at least you do finally know you've got one coming.....

Yup, I'm in the 2nd half of July boat as well. I got my claim number on the 22nd but it was after the YDS system crash, so late afternoon Friday. 

I saw where someone in Asheville is shipping 6/8. So, bikes are coming to NC/SC area. 

6 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Yup, I'm in the 2nd half of July boat as well. I got my claim number on the 22nd but it was after the YDS system crash, so late afternoon Friday. 

I saw where someone in Asheville is shipping 6/8. So, bikes are coming to NC/SC area. 

Hey @slakdawg, where are you in NC?  Not familiar with the BMT abbreviation.  Might need to hit you up for some local hidden knowledge on good ADV trails.

Edited by scridercoach

3 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

Hey @slakdawg, where are you in NC?  Not familiar with the BMT abbreviation.  Might need to hit you up for some local hidden knowledge on good ADV trails.

Belmont, just west of Charlotte, so in the Piedmont. But I do get the hills as often as I can.

Check out these two local FB groups. Great info and group rides.

Adventure Touring in North Carolina

Upstate SC Dual Sport & Adventure Riders

• Like 1

• Premium Member

to pass time for iminent deliveries etc,

• Like 1

My salesmen from Pocatello, Idaho just called-  My bike and (4) other customers T700's just arrived.

• Like 2

Well gtimko1012 it was worth the wait.  SWITHBACK did a great job.  This is a great dealership.  The only extra fee they have is the title fee and taxes.

20200610_123448.jpg

• Like 8

I pick up mine on Friday!!!

Albuquerque N.M. Bobby J's Yamaha

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brent said:

Well gtimko1012 it was worth the wait.  SWITHBACK did a great job.  This is a great dealership.  The only extra fee they have is the title fee and taxes.

20200610_123448.jpg

There's a happy Adventure Rider!!

The dealer got mine in yesterday. I was worried since there wasn't any confirmation up or down. Powersports of Montgomery (AL) did great.

Worth mentioning, I ordered mine with the Rally Pack, but it didn't come with it. After some research, they can see the items in the system, but they aren't available yet. They're researching the timeframe, so we'll see. 

IMG_20200610_164218.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattm said:

The dealer got mine in yesterday. I was worried since there wasn't any confirmation up or down. Powersports of Montgomery (AL) did great.

Worth mentioning, I ordered mine with the Rally Pack, but it didn't come with it. After some research, they can see the items in the system, but they aren't available yet. They're researching the timeframe, so we'll see. 

IMG_20200610_164218.jpg

I ordered mine with the Rally Pack as well.    My dealer said that it will be 1 week before the Rally Pack is delivered to their shop.

We shall see!

• Like 1

Picked up today from Berkeley Honda Yamaha Husky.

Threw on the Akrapovic that has been in the garage for a month.

It feels great. Obviously WAY down on power vs. my 1190r, but feels much lighter, more nimble, more like a thumper, can get on the gas earlier. The motor has good character (feels like a V-Twin).👍

image.thumb.png.578a78c4df35c16941693ea3aa58df34.png

• Like 6

6 hours ago, motoAT said:

It feels great. Obviously WAY down on power vs. my 1190r, but feels much lighter, more nimble, more like a thumper, can get on the gas earlier. The motor has good character (feels like a V-Twin).👍

Just curious, are you keeping your 1190 or selling it?

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

5 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

Just curious, are you keeping your 1190 or selling it?

Keeping it. It has 50k miles, not much re-sale value considering the price I paid when buying it new in 2015 (and it is a pretty scratched up). I'm thinking/hoping to get another 10k-30k miles before it needs a top-end refresh and will just ride it much less now. I'll primarily use it now on pavement bias long rides and when other contenders are on their big twins as well!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motoAT said:

Keeping it. It has 50k miles, not much re-sale value considering the price I paid when buying it new in 2015 (and it is a pretty scratched up). I'm thinking/hoping to get another 10k-30k miles before it needs a top-end refresh and will just ride it much less now. I'll primarily use it now on pavement bias long rides and when other contenders are on their big twins as well!

My 12 S10 has over 50K on it now, so I am thinking I'll keep it for the same reasons you are keeping the 1190.  My 16 AT has 18K. I am hoping that the T7 is what I had hoped the AT would be. If it is I may be doing some fleet resizing.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Moderators
16 hours ago, motoAT said:

How about an audio clip as to how that Akrapovic sounds? That satin finish looks great on that bike!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Yeah, I'm getting the Rally Pack too. Man that black looks gooood!!!

Well folks, I got the call... Finalizing the details as we speak and hope to have pics with it this evening. Washington DC.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:53 AM, Idarex said:

Yesterday after Brent...  Finally, shipped last Tuesday.  I can't reach the ground on it.

image.thumb.jpeg.eddbdf8cb7628174000b8d643a051a45.jpeg

i finally got your shirt, i thought is said is my bite okay!  It reads is my bike okay!  Thats Good!!

On 6/9/2020 at 6:12 PM, gtimko1012 said:

My salesmen from Pocatello, Idaho just called-  My bike and (4) other customers T700's just arrived.

I saw your bike in Swithback yesterday!  Looks nice,  the Red really stands out.  Sorry, I didn't think about taking a picture for you!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brent said:

I saw your bike in Swithback yesterday!  Looks nice,  the Red really stands out.  Sorry, I didn't think about taking a picture for you!

Thanks B!

I'd love to come pick it up this weekend but I ordered the Rally Pack and it appears it won't be delivered to the dealership for at least a week.

I like your color selection as well!!!

Ride safe,

Greg in Murray, Utah