Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

Nice, I was wondering if this was one of those bikes that should be torn apart and greased... Been awhile since I bought a new bike. 

That high fender looks awesome!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Just got a call from my dealer who now said again, for the 5th time AFTER the pre-order debacle, that it will be again a week or two before it's shipped. And this isn't even the black one that I ordered, for which he has no idea anymore when it will arrive. 

He's been saying he has 2 white ones coming, and if I want one of those I can have it because Im first in line. If not, there's others that want it. Not a fan of the red and white, personally. The black was supposed to ship the end of this month, but being that Yamaha keep making false promises he's not betting on it. 

He also said this is the last time he's ordering anything from Yamaha for pre-orders. Only when bikes are available for showrooms. He's been burned, and listed 4 other bikes over the last 20 yers that Yamaha has screwed him over and said Yamaha is the worst company to owkr with in regards to this, and warranties. They also carry Honda, KTN, Husky, Triumph, Suzuki, Ski-Doo, Can-Am and iAd they've never hd problems like this with other makers. 

So now not sure what to do. Not a fan of the white, but it looks like they'll get it within a month. He has no idea for the black, even though ti was supposed to be here soon as well. 

I've waited 7 months since I put down a deposit, which meant nothing. Do I just wait until the black one finally arrives, buy the white which I dont like or just say F it and wait till next year. 

The one thought I had with the white is changing out the rear plastic panel for flat black. Does anyone know who to contact to purchase a new black rear plastic? Like as if you stock one was cracked and needing replaced? I could wrap but rather not. Then it would be black and white which would be fine, IMO. 

You can get it on an oem parts web site for about $200. I think the side panel are a little bit less.

I didn't realize the stockers have running lights before I got these blinkers.

Capture.JPG.b097fe56ed374021b2423c9bd8c28a5b.JPG

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

• Moderators
9 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

I didn't realize the stockers have running lights before I got these blinkers.

Capture.JPG.b097fe56ed374021b2423c9bd8c28a5b.JPG

@BADDANDY

Thanks for the detailed info. Unfortunately a pasted photo doesn't contain links for others to follow. Perhaps you could try again by just copying the webpage link and pasting it here?  Thanks, good finds!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

14 hours ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

You can get it on an oem parts web site for about $200. I think the side panel are a little bit less.

Ive tried finding the website that has the plastics for sale. If you know the price and where to find it, could you provide a link? Thanks man. 

17 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Ive tried finding the website that has the plastics for sale. If you know the price and where to find it, could you provide a link? Thanks man. 

Get OEM parts at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC! We carry major powersport brands like Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, Can-Am and more!

• Like 1

I just ordered my Tenere from Pete's Cycle in Maryland.  

Like anyone, I don't like waiting but this bike is the bike for me for a lot of reasons.  That's another topic for another post.  

I'd like to hear from others who are just starting the process so we can learn from each other.  I'm not a complainer, I just want to be able to sort of know what to expect, like when will I get my bike.

It's inspiring to see folks posting pics of their new Tenere 700s, keep the pics coming, we need the inspiration!

• Like 2

@mtaylorcrew welcome, DC guy here. Got mine a month ago at Coleman in Northern VA. Dealer told me I was 3rd in line when the preorders went out and for what ever reason Yamaha sent mine first. Dealer said they think it was a color thing but I really don’t know. No one seems to know or can figure out the mystery of the great pre order scramble. Good luck on your journey to your new bike. It really is a fun bike to ride. 

• Like 1

Thanks man, good to know bikes have made it over here to the mid Atlantic.  I'm guessing I'll have the bike in mid September but we'll see.  

I'm glad to hear you like the bike.  I researched all the options and tech specs for months before settling in on the Tenere.  What tipped the scales for me was comments like yours, everyone who rides this bike comes back with similar comments that they like the bike, it feels good, its got nice power delivery, it handles, it inspires confidence, etc.  What else could you want?

So the waiting is ok, because this bike is going to very satisfying.

First place I'm going is up to Reading Outdoors to ride the anthracite trails.  Maybe I'll see you up there!   

Edited by mtaylorcrew
  • Like 1

D62D6054-E694-405B-8618-2ED10C670F05.thumb.jpeg.60458e097ea27c1ef4959d78030ecae5.jpeg

I’ll definitely have to check them out. I’ll keep an eye out on the trails, I’m on a black one! 😉  Good luck again. 

Cheers! 

• Haha 1

Shade canopy for the bike, priorities.  LOL, love it.

Stock with some soft bags, I like that simplicity.  I'm going with the blue.  White and red might make it look like I'm one of the 12 O'clock boys up here in B'more.  Which wouldn't be entirely a bad thing  I suppose.  

• Haha 2

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat here.  I put down a 1k deposit at my dealer the beginning of Feb.  I was the first to pull the trigger with them so was promised the first one in the door.  The second the "reservation" system was up and running I locked in my reservation number and shot it directly to the dealer.  Not sure if anyone else noticed that the official Yamaha T7 page switched from "summer 2020" to "June 2020"?  But we are at the end of July and still not many of us have bikes.

I directly contacted Yamaha, just like a lot of you here, but was given a very nice no answer.  Basically she told me to contact the dealer direct, the dealers are getting shipping windows and unfortunately some windows may get bumped as shipping issues arise.  

The whole roll-out for the T7 has been long, drawn out, tedious, confusing, frustrating, and basically pretty annoying.  I really like my dealer and I really liked my T7 test ride they had when the Yamaha Demo truck stopped in with them.  The wait continues, even though the thought has crossed my mind to start looking at other options.  Yamaha is making it real hard here!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Appalachian ADV said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed that the official Yamaha T7 page switched from "summer 2020" to "June 2020"?  But we are at the end of July and still not many of us have bikes.

...the dealers are getting shipping windows and unfortunately some windows may get bumped as shipping issues arise.  

The whole roll-out for the T7 has been long, drawn out, tedious, confusing, frustrating, and basically pretty annoying.  I really like my dealer and I really liked my T7 test ride they had when the Yamaha Demo truck stopped in with them.  The wait continues, even though the thought has crossed my mind to start looking at other options.  Yamaha is making it real hard here!

Yup. And they "delivered" to their June date as a starting point. The fine print in the PDP is that they would be delivered in the June to August timeframe. So still have another month plus to hold true to that.

My status has changed a couple of times in the YDS (dealer system). From mid-July, to first of August, to 7/16...AFAIK, it's being shipped from Tacoma and should/could be here any day. Has your dealer given you your YDS status?

Yup, it's a cluster from the customer and dealer's perspective. But here we are, twiddling our thumbs waiting...

Only 40 more days until the end of the promised PDP program.....

Just want to chime in and say my dealer promised last week the bikes would be delivered (precisely July 15th), although for whatever reason they say receiving has been delayed. Not sure how to request a specific deposit number from them to Yamaha though, so I guess the bikes are either still in transit or still in Japan.. 🤔

1 hour ago, slakdawg said:

Yup. And they "delivered" to their June date as a starting point. The fine print in the PDP is that they would be delivered in the June to August timeframe. So still have another month plus to hold true to that.

My status has changed a couple of times in the YDS (dealer system). From mid-July, to first of August, to 7/16...AFAIK, it's being shipped from Tacoma and should/could be here any day. Has your dealer given you your YDS status?

Yup, it's a cluster from the customer and dealer's perspective. But here we are, twiddling our thumbs waiting...

Yeah, I was told by my dealer that mine shipped from California on 7/15 coming to Texas. Should be here any day🤞, Like before this weekend I hope.

9 minutes ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

Yeah, I was told by my dealer that mine shipped from California on 7/15 coming to Texas. Should be here any day🤞, Like before this weekend I hope.

Yeah, I got the email from my dealer saying status changed to 7/16. Initially, he thought that was delivery date and thought that I would have the bike last weekend. Turns out it was ship date....from Tacoma (to Charlotte, NC area, so ~5-7 days) 😟 

Still, it hadn't been loaded on the truck on the 16th and he didn't return my message on the 17th. I didn't push, figuring he would message me as soon as some status changed. He's got limited insight into the process as any dealer. I don't want to keep bugging him, since it really is out of his hands.  So still in a holding pattern.

I just got the call, my bike is sitting in front of my salesman's desk. WOW, after seeing the prototype 4yrs ago it's finally here!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

I just got the call, my bike is sitting in front of my salesman's desk. WOW, after seeing the prototype 4yrs ago it's finally here!

Go get it!!!!  Congrats!

1 hour ago, slakdawg said:

Yeah, I got the email from my dealer saying status changed to 7/16. Initially, he thought that was delivery date and thought that I would have the bike last weekend. Turns out it was ship date....from Tacoma (to Charlotte, NC area, so ~5-7 days) 😟 

Still, it hadn't been loaded on the truck on the 16th and he didn't return my message on the 17th. I didn't push, figuring he would message me as soon as some status changed. He's got limited insight into the process as any dealer. I don't want to keep bugging him, since it really is out of his hands.  So still in a holding pattern.

What dealer in Charlotte did you go for the bike? I am conteplating on making myself a present also

1 minute ago, Iulik said:

What dealer in Charlotte did you go for the bike? I am conteplating on making myself a present also

Full Throttle in Lowell, west of Charlotte. I talked with several (5) local (up to Hickory) dealerships. Most had no clue about the T7 and several couldn't care less to talk about. They cared for and wanted to sell what was on the floor. Talking with the manager at FT, he listened to me and discuss options. And worked with me during the PDP process, even as much of a cluster that was with Yamaha's ordering system crashes. 

Would be interesting to hear of any of these other dealers are ordering floor stock, since that is now open to them. 

www.ncfullthrottle.com

17 minutes ago, slakdawg said:

Full Throttle in Lowell, west of Charlotte. I talked with several (5) local (up to Hickory) dealerships. Most had no clue about the T7 and several couldn't care less to talk about. They cared for and wanted to sell what was on the floor. Talking with the manager at FT, he listened to me and discuss options. And worked with me during the PDP process, even as much of a cluster that was with Yamaha's ordering system crashes. 

Would be interesting to hear of any of these other dealers are ordering floor stock, since that is now open to them. 

www.ncfullthrottle.com

I inquired about the Tenere at Ride Now powersports in concord and they did not have a clue about what i am talking about ) only place i see the tenere on the website is yamaha of lumberton, i'll shoot them an email and see when they get one in stock