Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

12 minutes ago, Iulik said:

I inquired about the Tenere at Ride Now powersports in concord and they did not have a clue about what i am talking about ) only place i see the tenere on the website is yamaha of lumberton, i'll shoot them an email and see when they get one in stock

I would call honestly. I only received ONE email response from half a dozen different places inquiring back in the fall. 

Also, since most are unaware of even what this bike is, they may not order floor stock. So you may have to call around to a lot more dealers if you're wanting to sit on it before ordering/buying.

MR in Asheville ordered three. Two are spoken for as of last week when I called them.

After getting nowwhere with Yam Corp  "I'll keep digging into this"

"I sure hope it ships out in this wave"

I decided to email my dealer after 8 plus or minus discussions on PDP with him.

"It shipped out of CA yesterday!!!!   🤩🤣😃🍀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom McDonough in GA sent that to me, no link. His ships 4 business days later.

My PDP dates have gone from 1st half July > July 13 > July 17 > July 22 > July 27.

My guess is 2nd week of August (Atlanta).

F11CB280-A946-4E3A-BCAD-DCD1C64FD910.jpeg

98762169-429C-40E1-929B-B09B70BEB8D0.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Six business days away !   👍   

I'm sure you won't look like the skeleton man by then!  😃

Edited by ADVUSA

My wait has been over 4 years . . . . 

4364B874-9729-47DB-AED1-7E3E9521E09F.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough

SKIPNOMAD!!  Woohoo!!  You're not far from Cloudcroft, where I'm going in August with my Austin MX crew from the good ole days.  Picking up a CRF 250L rental in Abilene.  That'll keep me busy while I wait for my Tenere.  

Post pics please!

@Mikey81do you happen to know where your bike shipped from?  @SKIPNOMADcame into CA and trucked to TX.  Do all Yamahas come in through CA?  Or did yours come in through an east coast port?

Not that it will change anything, just curious.

It's encouraging to see bikes arriving.  One by one we'll all get one.  I've only been waiting a week or so.  Hats to you guys who've waited much much longer.

It's still the bike, I'll wait.

Correct me if I am wrong......isn't the dealer supposed to sell motorcycles and keep the customer updated?  I am guessing that I might get a PDP bike by August 31, but would not bet on it.  I checked one time and was not informed.....will not check again until after August 31.......because, used T7s have already shown up on the used market and I may just buy one.  I talked to the dealer's Yamaha rep on May 22, 2020 and he told me that my bike would arrive between June and August----I will wait that long.  It may even  show up tomorrow based on Yamaha's logistical skills.

I do hope to receive a Yamaha survey to complete.

Edited by whisperquiet

My bike just got pushed from July 11th to "mid august" doesnt sound like any guarantee at this point. 

Edited by TenereTraveler

@mtaylorcrew Honestly I have no clue, I was just happy to have one.  I could do a little sleuthing and see what I can figure out though.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mtaylorcrew said:

@Mikey81do you happen to know where your bike shipped from?  @SKIPNOMADcame into CA and trucked to TX.  Do all Yamahas come in through CA?  Or did yours come in through an east coast port?

Not that it will change anything, just curious.

It's encouraging to see bikes arriving.  One by one we'll all get one.  I've only been waiting a week or so.  Hats to you guys who've waited much much longer.

It's still the bike, I'll wait.

I know that they are coming into Spokan WA. and somewhere in California.  I know that people are getting them in Tenn. from CA. And I think people even farther are getting them from Ca. when you would think they would come from the east coast like Georgia.

Mine is supposed to be shipping from Georgia to Vermont according to my dealer. 

Holy crap Just got a text from my dealer saying a white and red one showed up today, Unexpected. My orders for a black one but said since Im first in line and haven't gotten a black one I get first dibs on this white one. 

Im really wanting the black one. But dont now when or how long it will be. Ive already been told 4 times it will be here in a crud weeks and then nothing. My understanding is all pre order bikes will be delivered by the end of August. But who really knows anymore. 

I really am not a fan of the red and white. And not really into wrapping bikes either. I like what other have done to their bikes on here, but personally Im not really wanting anything bright or "custom" looking. Just black. Thats it. Ill remove the stickers from the black bike as well. Now Im not sure what to do. Just get the red, which I dont like or being Ive been waiting for 6 months, whats another 1 or 2 and wait for the black. The summer season is already half gone

As per my post, my bike is at the Tacoma warehouse with an estimated shipping date 7/27.  I am hoping they load up a truck load of T7’s from the Tacoma warehouse and transfer to Atlanta.  

I do not want it LTL shipped from Tacoma to Atlanta.  Too much handling between trucking terminals etc.  

It will most likely arrive with shipping damages if LTL shipped across the country.

3DC98B8D-5896-4F81-B098-9F167DD8E345.jpeg

• Confused 1

Not to diminish what other PDP customers are experiencing while still waiting for their bikes.  But it's so frustrating seeing so many bikes being delivered from California, while I live in SoCal and am still waiting for mine. 

And I think the demo ride I had on one last week only made it worse.  What a sweet sweet motor.  

• Like 2

@Baggey22that's good to know.  Maybe Yamaha has a distribution lot over in GA. 

@SKIPNOMADthanks for the info.

@Mikey81I'd bet a steak dinner the bike came out of GA.  If you find out, I'd buy that steak dinner just the same!

@johnnygoluckyJust my opinion, but if I were you, I'd wait for the bike you want.  

I'm not in the shipping business but I'm pretty sure shipping routes from Japan to the east coast would require passing thru the Suez Canal, which comes with a hefty toll on ships.  I would guess it's cheaper to ship across the Pacific and truck the bikes east.  Good on Yamaha to hold firm on the price when the high demand could jack up the price.  Price of this bike is one of its many great selling points. 

This is reminiscent of the scramble for 4-Stroke dirt bikes and long before that the Elsinores.  (oops, dating myself).  But I do remember the MX Dads grousing about the Elsinore wait when I was a kid.  It was funny seeing the old men getting all worked up.  LOL  We all got our Elsinores at some point.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Per the interwebs, Newnan, GA has 2 distribution centers.  Cool, good to know.

Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America is located about 30 minutes south of Atlanta in Newnan, Georgia. We employ approximately 1600 people in our 1,355,000 square foot facility, which consists of four plants and two distribution centers. We design and manufacture four recreational product lines including Golf Cars, All Terrain Vehicles (ATV's), Personal Watercraft and Recreational Off-road Vehicles (ROV's).

1 hour ago, johnnygolucky said:

Holy crap Just got a text from my dealer saying a white and red one showed up today, Unexpected. My orders for a black one but said since Im first in line and haven't gotten a black one I get first dibs on this white one. 

Im really wanting the black one. But dont now when or how long it will be. Ive already been told 4 times it will be here in a crud weeks and then nothing. My understanding is all pre order bikes will be delivered by the end of August. But who really knows anymore. 

I really am not a fan of the red and white. And not really into wrapping bikes either. I like what other have done to their bikes on here, but personally Im not really wanting anything bright or "custom" looking. Just black. Thats it. Ill remove the stickers from the black bike as well. Now Im not sure what to do. Just get the red, which I dont like or being Ive been waiting for 6 months, whats another 1 or 2 and wait for the black. The summer season is already half gone

Have you seen the RED in person?

• Like 1

I’m curious what your going to do. I know what I’d do but I haven’t  been waiting as long as you.  

• Like 1

I reyoually am not a fan of the red and white. And not really into wrapping bikes either. I like what other have done to their bikes on here, but personally Im not really wanting anything bright or "custom" looking. Just black. Thats it. Ill remove the stickers from the black bike as well. Now Im not sure what to do. Just get the red, which I dont like or being Ive been waiting for 6 months, whats another 1 or 2 and wait for the black. The summer season is already half gone

2 hours ago, mtaylorcrew said:

SKIPNOMAD!!  Woohoo!!  You're not far from Cloudcroft, where I'm going in August with my Austin MX crew from the good ole days.  Picking up a CRF 250L rental in Abilene.  That'll keep me busy while I wait for my Tenere.  

Post pics please!

Are you going to ride the 250 from Abilene to Cloudcrft?

3 hours ago, mtaylorcrew said:

Post pics please!

Yeah, Cloudcroft is 41/2 to 5 hrs away on my WR250R, looking forward to the 700cc of power the Tenere has . Keep me posted on your Cloudcroft trip, maybe our paths can cross

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

Have you seen the RED in person?

No I haven't. It does look like a really cool red. Like candy apple. Not just plain red. But it's also the giant white tank. IF tomorrow morning I wake and feel I should grab it, then I'd take that red rear panel off and sell it and buy a stock matte black.Pull the fearing red stickers off then the bike would be black and white. But again, not really into the white either. That said the white might feel better riding in hot summer sun. 

16 minutes ago, DT675 said:

I’m curious what your going to do. I know what I’d do but I haven’t  been waiting as long as you.  

I really dont know. Decision paralysis. I literally need to make the decision tomorrow, let him know and pick it up Saturday. Or, just wait, be patient and take my chances that a black one will come in at some point.

What would you do? 

Edited by johnnygolucky