Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

@SKIPNOMADI'm flying into Austin and driving up with the crew.  Abilene is on the way, we'll grab the 250 and throw it on the trailer.  These guys are notorious for last minute planning so me and a few close friends run as a group and intersect with the larger group when it works out.  I know my way around up there.  You got the itch?

Edited by mtaylorcrew

@SKIPNOMADdefinitely.  We run the gravel roads mostly, the Tenere is perfect for the routes I run.  

5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

No I haven't. It does look like a really cool red. Like candy apple. Not just plain red. But it's also the giant white tank. IF tomorrow morning I wake and feel I should grab it, then I'd take that red rear panel off and sell it and buy a stock matte black.Pull the fearing red stickers off then the bike would be black and white. But again, not really into the white either. That said the white might feel better riding in hot summer sun. 

I really dont know. Decision paralysis. I literally need to make the decision tomorrow, let him know and pick it up Saturday. Or, just wait, be patient and take my chances that a black one will come in at some point.

What would you do? 

I wasn't crazy about the red when I saw it on the net, I liked the Euro red. But I saw the US red in person today and it's great. And worst case, you buy some plastic for about 350 bills or you can paint them. I would jump on it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

No I haven't. It does look like a really cool red. Like candy apple. Not just plain red. But it's also the giant white tank. IF tomorrow morning I wake and feel I should grab it, then I'd take that red rear panel off and sell it and buy a stock matte black.Pull the fearing red stickers off then the bike would be black and white. But again, not really into the white either. That said the white might feel better riding in hot summer sun. 

I really dont know. Decision paralysis. I literally need to make the decision tomorrow, let him know and pick it up Saturday. Or, just wait, be patient and take my chances that a black one will come in at some point.

What would you do? 

Oh yeah, the motor is just like they say.  It accelerates like an electric motor, it's like butter(melted)

• Like 1

According to Yamaha's district sales manager in my area my bike shipped to St Louis last Friday from a Chicago distribution center. I haven't heard a single useful bit of info from my dealer since getting the pdp email . Apparently they had the sales manager from yamaha do it for them and they were just giving me bad info.

Edited by zak

7 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

What would you do? 

Just wait. We are not children. We are men. 

10 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

What would you do? 

I think i would go look at the red one in person just to see if it stirs anything in you. With that said, if it makes you wish that much more for the black one, I’d hold out. I think in one or 2 months once you’ve  had the black one all will be well. If you got a color you didn't really want, and couple months after the black one became available, i personally would be always regretting not waiting. That just me though and as i said earlier, i haven't been waiting as long as you either. 

For me, i don't really care for the red one.  Although the black wheels on it do appeal to me.  I want the black one too. I do like the blue one and if that became suddenly available to me i might be having the same conundrum as you.. but then again the blue wheels are kinda the deal killer for me with that one. 

Edited by DT675
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

What would you do? 

I would wait for the color you PDP ordered.  I like the white for visibility. . . probably cover some of the red decals with carbon vinyl decal material.  Already have a black and red adventure bike.  

160F71A1-BC1E-4F76-99B8-7A2F0CE8B3BE.jpeg

• Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Just got an email from my dealer. At the moment he has a white and a black T7 on a truck from Tacoma, WA to Vermont. The remaining 3 blue preorder bikes(one of which is mine, one is my salesman's) are in the YDS as "at warehouse" in Georgia with a July 30th ship date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I now have a VIN assigned and bike confirmed loaded and in transit.

This snippet from the dealer gives a little insight on the delays. Whether true or not, seems plausible.

"Found out the great state of WA which is becoming another country evidently was the reason for the delay in shipping. Security issues!"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

Have you seen the RED in person?

that's how I felt when I saw the black, WAY better than I expected.. I know not helping but I was torn between the black and the red. I bet the red is super slick too!

17 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

IF tomorrow morning I wake and feel I should grab it, then I'd take that red rear panel off and sell it and buy a stock matte black.Pull the fearing red stickers off then the bike would be black and white. 

I had this same idea. 

@Mikey81

My wife and I had decided that we would like black , or the blue one, which ever, but not the red and white one.

Called my dealer, red one was available my wife and I went to look at it.

We were blown away by the red, it was kind of like, a deep candy apple red with a metal flake mix in. Then you notice the white which has pearl essence metal flakes. I said I'll take this one and my wife decided yes, she also will chose the red and white for hers.

The only problem I have found with them, is the paint looks so nice sparkling in the sun, you have this urge to wash them more often than is practical, for a bike that spends over ninety percent of it's time in the dirt.

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 2

@UtahJack That's awesome. How you feeling anyway? Hope you are mending well. I'm sure I would've been happy either way, I went with my gut on the black and I'm happy, and that's all who it really matters to in the end right?  

• Like 1

I have the latest claim number I’ve seen and I have a ship date showing of 8/6 now instead of just “first half of August” 

things seem to be moving. Fingers crossed. 

Well I appreciate all your thoughts on what you'd do if in my position. I thought a lot about it and being the 2 moto trips I had planned on my new bike are gone (1 trip in June and the other to Alaska and the border is closed) next month and figured I'd just wait another month for the black one. 

I think the red is really sharp, but Im not really wanting a sharp looking bike. This bike will be utility for me, and being all my bikes as of late have been Orange, Ive just thought I'd get something a bit more subdued this time. I bet that red and white is really really pretty, it sure does look it in the pics. I guess Im just not wanting a pretty bike right now. I want a dirty bike. Naughty. And right now for me, Black Bikes Matter. 

So I called my dealer and told him that I'd hold off and just continue to wait till my black bike I ordered comes in. He said "no sweat there's a guy behind you that will pick it up Saturday after it's been built. 

I hung up the phone with a feeling of bewildered regret. 

Just kidding. Patience. That's one thing I think I could learn a bit more of. Be in the moment and good things come to those who wait. But good things also come to those who have a bike right now, so maybe that's not the best adage. 

It366658DD-A71B-441F-8B5B-4E71B20039B6_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d45e46dd5f52a17b16ccae5096788609.jpeg

They're here in Southern California. Although, admittedly the other dealership I talked to in Chatsworth just sold their stock of 5 bikes, and this dealership in Azusa just sold their stock of 3. Sooo yeah LA's stock is probably sold out if not today, by tomorrow morning. Just got my baby this evening.

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BMRT7 said:

I have the latest claim number I’ve seen and I have a ship date showing of 8/6 now instead of just “first half of August” 

things seem to be moving. Fingers crossed. 

What was your claim number?

4 hours ago, loneranger700 said:

It366658DD-A71B-441F-8B5B-4E71B20039B6_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d45e46dd5f52a17b16ccae5096788609.jpeg

They're here in Southern California. Although, admittedly the other dealership I talked to in Chatsworth just sold their stock of 5 bikes, and this dealership in Azusa just sold their stock of 3. Sooo yeah LA's stock is probably sold out if not today, by tomorrow morning. Just got my baby this evening.

What dealer was this at?  I'm still waiting for Matte Black from Mountain Motorsports in Ontario.  I called on one of those Chatsworth bikes and it was easily $1200 more than mine.

This was Berts Mega Mall out in Covina. I paid $13,000 so that sounds about right. Dealer setup was an extra $500 than I expected but I wanted it so I got it OTD for that.

They could make a PDP movie😁

Sorry . . . It has been a long wait.  

Put a $500 down payment when the pricing and colors were released November 22nd.

I was in the mountains on a bike trip May 22nd . . . late getting my PDP order in.  No cell service until 2:00 Eastern time.

Dealer had problems getting his orders completed . . . 6:00 P.M. Eastern.  Mine is showing in the Tacoma warehouse . . . shipping next week . . . maybe . . .

My Atlanta dealership has 5 large locations . . . not sure if that carries any weight.   August is best case for now.  

IMO, If Yamaha really cared about Customer Service . . . the Sales Rep would have made sure “first come first serve” included early deposits (before the PDP launch). 

More than likely. . . they were more concerned selling the over-priced accessory packages . . . . 

Bottom line . . . a great bike . . . worth the wait . . .

4E107617-1F23-4092-ADA3-A39F8A23F77E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

16 hours ago, loneranger700 said:

This was Berts Mega Mall out in Covina. I paid $13,000 so that sounds about right. Dealer setup was an extra $500 than I expected but I wanted it so I got it OTD for that.

Those frickin' clowns.  I was there at PDP opening on May 22.  I couldn't throw money at them.  They gave me excuse after excuse of why they couldn't take my money for a pre-order bike.  So if their bikes are "inventory" and not PDP bikes that customers backed out on, they cheated the system.  They're probably charging what they are in dealer fees to make up for the deposit credit they aren't getting back from Yamaha since they didn't have any actual customers for the bikes when they ordered them May 22.  Shady shits.

Sorry, just ranting.  I don't like being lied to.  I'm still patiently waiting for my ordered bike from Mountain Motorsports.  And I'll gladly pay that family owned dealer vs the liars at Bert's.  

Congrats on the new bike by the way.

10 minutes ago, SociallyStunted said:

Those frickin' clowns.  I was there at PDP opening on May 22.  I couldn't throw money at them.  They gave me excuse after excuse of why they couldn't take my money for a pre-order bike.  So if their bikes are "inventory" and not PDP bikes that customers backed out on, they cheated the system.  They're probably charging what they are in dealer fees to make up for the deposit credit they aren't getting back from Yamaha since they didn't have any actual customers for the bikes when they ordered them May 22.  Shady shits.

Sorry, just ranting.  I don't like being lied to.  I'm still patiently waiting for my ordered bike from Mountain Motorsports.  And I'll gladly pay that family owned dealer vs the liars at Bert's.  

Congrats on the new bike by the way.

Thanks man and yeah it was shady as hell. Like, wait.. So you have 3 bikes.. But I was second in line... And I was the second to give them $500? 

I ended up getting a 4 year warranty but I haggled the Shet out of them for three hours and even walked out. I ended up to get the bike down to $12k because they couldn’t explain why their ADM was $2k. Whatever, I got the deal and I’m never doing service with these people either. 

Edit: As of 4PM, Yamaha Pasadena has one bike for sale. Just got a call from them.

Edited by loneranger700
  • Like 1