Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

@SKIPNOMADthe old MX dudes cancelled out on us due to Covid fears.  We're cool with that, our next trip is planned for Sept in Ouray.  Hoping to have the Tenere by then, if not I've got a line on a loaner T7 anytime after Sept 15.  Our typical run is more in line with the BDR format.  We're hoping to beat the snow so we can hit the notorious passes in the Telluride/Ouray zone of San Juan NF.

• Like 1

Dealer called today. My T7 should be ready for pickup tomorrow. Very nice!

• Like 3

It is definitely encouraging to see bikes hitting dealers statewide again.

Everything has changed since this Covid outbreak.

Like a bad dream that won’t stop.  
More than likely, this will be the new normal for the foreseeable future.  

Hang in there . . . ride what you have and gather up your accessories for the day you do get your bike.

• Like 2

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Claim number 737562 (white) has shipped out of Tacoma!  Here at the end of next week! (Cleveland, OH)

• Like 2

My bike (supposed to ship 7/30) was put on a truck last night! Coming from Georgia to Vermont. My salesman said expect it the week of August 4th. 
VIN: 642

claim: 736481

• Like 2

After months of bad information from my dealer I finally decided to try and contact my local Yamaha regional sales manager and the information was all good from then on. Bike shipped from a distribution point in Chicago, IL on 7-16-20 to St Charles, MO and I was able to test ride and purchase the follow Friday, 7-24-2020. I've only been riding for 3 years at this point; all those years on a WR250R. I noticed right away that even though the seat heights are similar the thickness of the tenere is making it a challenge to feel comfortable on the bike. I'm so happy with the bike still. I'll gladly put the miles on it to get myself more comfortable.

first T7 experience.jpg

Edited by zak
  • Like 2

I don't think the claim  number  really means squat.  Mine is 737206 and shipped out of LA last week the 21st..

On 7/26/2020 at 9:18 AM, jetdr21 said:

I don't think the claim  number  really means squat.  Mine is 737206 and shipped out of LA last week the 21st..

You should have it the 28th or 29th👍.  Mine went from the 15th to the 21st into Lubbock

• Like 1

So far, all the PDP bikes delivered are from April production.

Highest Vinn# I have heard is #802.

I also heard Yamaha starts Vinn#’s @ 101

The initial PDP allotment rumor was 800 bikes for the states.  At least 500 for Canada.

They must have interrupted the Canada production to build bikes for the states . . . then back to Canada bikes.

One can only assume much of the April production bikes were missing items which delayed shipping.  It should not take 3 months to ship April bikes to the states.

Yes, Factory Covid shutdowns are effecting dealer stocking bikes . . . and the riots in Washington are causing shipping delays from Tacoma.  

Not really cost effective to ship from CA and Tacoma directly to dealers.  It would be better to rail loads to Chicago, NE, and Atlanta warehouse before LTL shipping to dealers . . . Plus, less potential crate handling damages etc.

Maybe they are shipping full truck loads in a “round robbin” type sequence . . . dropping bikes off at different locations as they cross the states.

As mentioned. . . we should feel lucky we are getting many bikes before fall.

Post your last 3 digits vinn# and state when you get your bike . . . 

• Like 3

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

On 7/24/2020 at 11:08 PM, jas340 said:

Dealer called today. My T7 should be ready for pickup tomorrow. Very nice!

That didn't happen. Hopefully I get a call on Tuesday. Wife and kids going out of town for one week. It would be great to ride during day, Shoot skip on radio at night without feeling "guilty" for not giving wife/ kids enough time. 

7 hours ago, Tom McDonough said:

So far, all the PDP bikes delivered are from April production.

Highest Vinn# I have heard is #802.

I also heard Yamaha starts Vinn#’s @ 101

The initial PDP allotment rumor was 800 bikes for the states.  At least 500 for Canada.

They must have interrupted the Canada production to build bikes for the states . . . then back to Canada bikes.

One can only assume much of the April production bikes were missing items which delayed shipping.  It should not take 3 months to ship April bikes to the states.

Yes, Factory Covid shutdowns are effecting dealer stocking bikes . . . and the riots in Washington are causing shipping delays from Tacoma.  

Not really cost effective to ship from CA and Tacoma directly to dealers.  It would be better to rail loads to Chicago, NE, and Atlanta warehouse before LTL shipping to dealers . . . Plus, less potential crate handling damages etc.

Maybe they are shipping full truck loads in a “round robbin” type sequence . . . dropping bikes off at different locations as they cross the states.

As mentioned. . . we should feel lucky we are getting many bikes before fall.

Post your last 3 digits vinn# and state when you get your bike . . . 

Vin 810, made 4/20, shipped from Calif. to Texas on 7/15 at my dealer 7/21.  It's in my garage!!!!!!!!!! I hope this helps or gives someone hope.

Edited by SKIPNOMAD
  • Like 3

I've lost all hope. May claim number is 736221 ad I still down have it in black. They've had a red I could have grabbed but not the one I ordered. Ive been told mid June, end of June. beginning July, end of July and now my dealer says he has no idea and doesn't even want to say because Yamaha isn't telling them anything. He's saying "maybe August or hopefully September.". 

I wish I would have purchased a 790 Adventure R in March. 

Duncan Cooper and I ordered on the day of the PDP but our orders did not actually get placed until the Monday after. We are now told that our bikes left Tacoma Friday on their way to Chicago and that we may see them here by this weekend. I too looked at the 790 but read way too many horror stories dealing with reliability and parts availability. I’ll stick with the Yamaha!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

I've lost all hope. May claim number is 736221 ad I still down have it in black. They've had a red I could have grabbed but not the one I ordered. Ive been told mid June, end of June. beginning July, end of July and now my dealer says he has no idea and doesn't even want to say because Yamaha isn't telling them anything. He's saying "maybe August or hopefully September.". 

I wish I would have purchased a 790 Adventure R in March. 

When my dealer told me my ship date on my white one he told me that the blue and black were the end of August

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

Vin 810, made 4/20, shipped from Calif. to Texas on 7/15 at my dealer 7/21.  It's in my garage!!!!!!!!!! I hope this helps or gives someone hope.

Congrats.

Vin 515, made 4/20, arrived dealer Utah 6/15.

• Like 1

Got Mine Saturday 7/25/20 at Honda Yamaha of Redlands Ca. Very nice rode Sunday 53 miles 30 off road and after not being on  a bike in 4 years i am sore and it feels so good! Now ordering accessories, need handle bar riser and wider foot pegs, etc.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200726125942663_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200725163530310_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200725172247763_COVER.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got my white one, VIN #350 (and last 3 #s of engine ser. # is 350 as well. This has to mean good luck!) June 3rd in Gresham Oregon. Don't know what my reservation number was. Manufactured in April of this year.

13 hours ago, DickNixon said:

Got Mine Saturday 7/25/20 at Honda Yamaha of Redlands Ca. Very nice rode Sunday 53 miles 30 off road and after not being on  a bike in 4 years i am sore and it feels so good! Now ordering accessories, need handle bar riser and wider foot pegs, etc.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200726125942663_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200725163530310_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200725172247763_COVER.jpg

You are one of the closest to me to receive a PDP bike now.  I ordered mine from Mountain Motorsports in Ontario.  I'm still waiting.

Just spoke to my dealer and Yamaha has connected my order to a bike !!!  Mine will be coming in their October shipment and will be coming in from the west coast.  I should have it in my garage by Halloween, which also happens to be my favorite holiday.  

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

Mine arrived at dealer today will pick up on Friday.

IMG_1787.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jetdr21 said:

Mine arrived at dealer today will pick up on Friday.

IMG_1787.jpg

Hey that one is mine! LOL

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Moderators

Just wondering at this point if every single North American Tenere 700 was made on 4/20/20, and this next series of bikes will be the start of a new run.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!