Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

Ogio expandable  soft bags work well with a Givi rear rack.

0A2C68BB-CDDA-4F6D-867B-C427DCA95C01.jpeg

884BD923-DACF-44CA-A0B3-F8F8FCC34AD9.jpeg

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Shazam!!!! Manufactured June 2020. Going to be a bit before I can put some miles on her but super stoked nonetheless! 

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 8

WELL ladies & gents I FINALLY got mine! Already have 130 miles on her , 20 of that being off road 😬. Manufactured 6/20. OTD $11,006. Even threw in a $330 pair of knee high touring boots because of the wait! I was beginning to think I was going to have to wait till next year. Best of luck to everyone else in this thread still going through hoops.

20200812_201732.thumb.jpg.36fb639a314ee62a257b5ccd17453eff.jpg20200812_205559.thumb.jpg.bb665c39c8a493aa2a99614dab57b9a7.jpg20200813_070826.thumb.jpg.dac48411aea7d9ba0fa659408dded876.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/10/2020 at 6:00 PM, johnnygolucky said:

Shazam!!!! Manufactured June 2020. Going to be a bit before I can put some miles on her but super stoked nonetheless! 

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

I’m glad you were able to get your black one! 

• Like 1

Well I have a line on a black one (Which is what I want) with quite a drive from my house. The drive I’m willing to do no problem. Only issue is it has the rally pack which I didn’t want. That and I think the dealer is asking too much. I’m curious what others have paid for the rally pack? I’m offering $9999 for the bike, I think the rally pack is worth about $1500 and they want about $150 for set up that I’m agreeing to.  That all sounds reasonable but they want even more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DT675 said:

I’m glad you were able to get your black one! 

Thanks man. So stoked! 

• Like 1

Well after a $ agreement with the dealer and a long days drive, got to bring this guy home! 
83D16BC7-1CD6-4A09-8302-0714F85289D8.jpeg.a2534370a8b10aa8076f7ea6e0ed1415.jpeg

E6D2CFAC-6E1E-4327-96BC-CEB1F975981E.jpeg.8744752e0edc3d0b840dbc5ef19ba775.jpeg

I didn’t want to swing the extra for the rally package but this was literally the only bike available in more than a tri- state area. And its in my color! I had gotten the ACD skid plate thinking I would not be getting a rally edition so now I have an extra plate to get rid of. The ACD plate in black looks better imo but the Yamaha one has rubber grommets and fits a little better so now I have to think about that...

A couple early observations- 

-It’s big! Real big!

-It handles off road like it’s much smaller than it is.

-Suspension for my weight seems like it’s going to work out well. And I’m real picky in the suspension dept. 
-The rear bikers... oh man, something’s gotta be done about em. I know theirs threads on that. 
-The computer bounces around pretty bad too.  Anyone else experiencing that off the highway? 
-It handles the tarmac quite surprisingly well. It wants to dip into corners like it wants to be a sport bike! 

Anyone know what these thread taps are for?

BF35CBD7-5ACB-456F-9D50-99C6D223A95C.thumb.jpeg.58891ae7f1c2e4a1ccbfed2c793cc997.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DT675 said:

-The computer bounces around pretty bad too.  Anyone else experiencing that off the highway? 

Check out the Camel ADV anti bobble head. It’s a great solution. 

• Like 1

@DWEL700 Ah, nice, i’ll have to look into that. 

@BMRT7  Ok.  I am somewhat aware of that part but thought that had more to do with the headlight than the computer? 

1 minute ago, DT675 said:

@DWEL700 Ah, nice, i’ll have to look into that. 

@BMRT7  Ok.  I am somewhat aware of that part but thought that had more to do with the headlight than the computer? 

From their item description:

The first thing we noticed when we rode the new 700 Tenere is that the gauge cluster looked like it wasn't even bolted to the bike. Did someone on the assembly line forget some fasteners? The T7 is a great bike... why is the cluster trying to jump off?! Why does the headlight look like a strobe light at night when traveling down a rough road? Great news, they don't need to do that.”

Once you get into wrenching on the bike you’ll see how all of that stuff is interconnected. 

IMG_3902_medium.jpg?v=1584774136

The first thing we noticed when we rode the new 700 Tenere is that the gauge cluster looked like it wasn't even bolted to the bike. Did someone on the assembly line...

Or you can just wedge a 1" x 1.5 " square of rubber or foam behind the 2 twist headlight adjusters.

Search the forum for a more detailed application of the rubber pads.

Gotta say the Camel Adv anti bobble head is pretty awesome. It not only keeps the instrument cluster and head lights from shaking all over, but also stabilizes the GPS bar as well. Easily worth the time and money to install. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 12:53 AM, DT675 said:

Well after a $ agreement with the dealer and a long days drive, got to bring this guy home! 
83D16BC7-1CD6-4A09-8302-0714F85289D8.jpeg.a2534370a8b10aa8076f7ea6e0ed1415.jpeg

E6D2CFAC-6E1E-4327-96BC-CEB1F975981E.jpeg.8744752e0edc3d0b840dbc5ef19ba775.jpeg

I didn’t want to swing the extra for the rally package but this was literally the only bike available in more than a tri- state area. And its in my color! I had gotten the ACD skid plate thinking I would not be getting a rally edition so now I have an extra plate to get rid of. The ACD plate in black looks better imo but the Yamaha one has rubber grommets and fits a little better so now I have to think about that...

A couple early observations- 

-It’s big! Real big!

-It handles off road like it’s much smaller than it is.

-Suspension for my weight seems like it’s going to work out well. And I’m real picky in the suspension dept. 
-The rear bikers... oh man, something’s gotta be done about em. I know theirs threads on that. 
-It handles the tarmac quite surprisingly well. It wants to dip into corners like it wants to be a sport bike! 

Anyone know what these thread taps are for?

BF35CBD7-5ACB-456F-9D50-99C6D223A95C.thumb.jpeg.58891ae7f1c2e4a1ccbfed2c793cc997.jpeg

Those bolts are for you fender gaskets.  LOL

beautiful bike BTW.  Thanks for the first impressions feedback.

@Bp299

Haven't checked today, but there where 3 available in Las Vegas, 2 black and 1 White.

Check Cycle Trader.

Update: Just checked now only 1 available in Vegas a Black one with the tour pack.

Edited by UtahJack

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bp299 said:

Looking for one on the west coast. Any leads?

@Bp299

Posted yesterday.  Best of luck!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

18 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@Bp299

Haven't checked today, but there where 3 available in Las Vegas, 2 black and 1 White.

Check Cycle Trader.

Update: Just checked now only 1 available in Vegas a Black one with the tour pack.

What dealership?

Are your dealerships getting any updates from Yamaha? Mine claims not to have heard anything since July, when they were given assurances of a September delivery. Still no PRO or VIN, and Sept. is less than a week away...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattgif said:

Are your dealerships getting any updates from Yamaha? Mine claims not to have heard anything since July, when they were given assurances of a September delivery. Still no PRO or VIN, and Sept. is less than a week away...

At of last week, still on for mid October delivery.  

• Like 1

Heard back from my dealer in Maryland today: Yamaha simply canceled their order of four bike (including mine) without explanation. Doubtful I'll be able to get a Tenere this year.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, mattgif said:

Heard back from my dealer in Maryland today: Yamaha simply canceled their order of four bike (including mine) without explanation. Doubtful I'll be able to get a Tenere this year.

Blimey, that's pretty Shet.  I feel for you 😟

PS, it seems you are not allowed to type sh*t on this forum

Edited by boboneleg

That sucks, sorry man. I’d keep looking at cycle trader to see what might pop up. 

• Like 1