Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

• Supporting Vendor

The dealer just texted me a screen shot of my PDP Claim!!! 

This is NOT the registration number that you got via e-mail from Yamaha after you did your part online.

The PDP Claim number I just got is the RESULT of the dealer entering in your registration number and creating a Claim, which creates the actual order.

The reason why the dealers couldn't enter your registration number at first was because Yamaha's system crashed, so they took it all offline (the part the dealer enters your registration number), fixed it, and then made it live.  As soon as was live, the dealer did their part and we got the Claim number confirmation.

Whoo Hoo!

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

If you get a claim number, you will get your bike between June and August 🙂

Agreed. I got the call from Georgia, but that just means they got my registration but I don't believe it means that I'm getting the bike yet as that depends on the dealer getting my deposit notified. I have not gotten a PDP Claim number which to me seems like it's a done deal. Still waiting to hear back from my dealer to find out whats up. 

The reality is, I have a trip planned the end of June. Dont have a bike and if this Tenere doesn't work out, after putting down a refundable deposit months ago, Im heading to my local KTM dealer and buying the 790 Adventure R. Both are great bikes, but this way of purchasing has really turned me off from giving them my money. Just a cage fight free for all mess. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Agreed. I got the call from Georgia, but that just means they got my registration but I don't believe it means that I'm getting the bike yet as that depends on the dealer getting my deposit notified. I have not gotten a PDP Claim number which to me seems like it's a done deal. Still waiting to hear back from my dealer to find out whats up. 

The reality is, I have a trip planned the end of June. Dont have a bike and if this Tenere doesn't work out, after putting down a refundable deposit months ago, Im heading to my local KTM dealer and buying the 790 Adventure R. Both are great bikes, but this way of trying to give Yamaha my money has really turned me off from giving them my money. Just a cage fight free for all mess. 

I don't blame you. If I don't get a bike until fall I will be tempted to get the KTM instead, but that would be wierd since I own the Tenere 700 forum.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Got my claim number!!! 

How did you receive a claim number i haven't gotten one yet?

• Supporting Vendor
5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

The reality is, I have a trip planned the end of June. Dont have a bike and if this Tenere doesn't work out, after putting down a refundable deposit months ago, Im heading to my local KTM dealer and buying the 790 Adventure R. Both are great bikes, but this way of purchasing has really turned me off from giving them my money. Just a cage fight free for all mess. 

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I don't blame you. If I don't get a bike until fall I will be tempted to get the KTM instead, but that would be wierd since I own the Tenere 700 forum.  

I think this is a bike waiting for, for so many reasons over the KTM, but that's just my 2 cents 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Cruizin said:

What a crazy freaking day. I knew something was gonna go wrong.  Now I wonder who is actually gonna get bikes in June and who has to wait until fall? 

I've seen it time and again, the IT geeks sell some happy horse Shoot plan to justify their outrageous salary, then said plan goes boom so they "come to the rescue", Job Security.  Shut my mouth. The're monitoring.

• Haha 2

For over a year Yamaha said we'd get them early Summer '21. This process just makes sure we'll fight to be the first one. If it wasn't for COVID, we'd be more distracted doing what we'd normally be doing.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

5 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

How did you receive a claim number i haven't gotten one yet?

Call your dealer. Make sure they submit your claim thru YDS. That is the final step. DO IT NOW!! 🙂

• Like 1

I just got the Georgia call.  Really nice guy but he knows absolutely nothing about what's next.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommy2 said:

I've seen it time and again, the IT geeks sell some happy horse Shoot plan to justify their outrageous salary, then said plan goes boom so they "come to the rescue", Job Security.  Shut my mouth. The're monitoring.

Love your profile pic! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BellissiMoto said:

I think this is a bike waiting for, for so many reasons over the KTM, but that's just my 2 cents 🙂

It's a cool bike, but Im also a huge fan of KTM's as well and the 790 R has just wicked suspension. And I personally like some of the traction controls on the KTM, and a much better screen. That said, I'd like to get the Tenere just because I like the look much better and heard great things about the motor, but that's mainly vanity. Both bikes are great, people love them both. Now it comes down to who wants to take my money: Yamaha or KTM.

Seems that Yamaha is trying to make it as difficult as possible. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

Just now, johnnygolucky said:

It's a cool bike, but Im also a huge fan of KTM's as well and the 790 R has just wicked suspension. And I personally like some of the traction controls on the KTM, and a much better screen. That said, I'd like to get the Tenere just because I like the look much better, but that's vanity. Both bikes are great, people love them both. Now it comes down to who wants to take my money: Yamaha or KTM.

Seems that Yamaha is trying to make it as difficult as possible. 

I Like KTM 2 strokes. I just sold my 250 XC-W.  Great bikes. But I didn't want traction control, just another pain in the ass thing to go wrong down the road someday.   If I could have ordered the T7 without ABS, I would have and swapped the instrument panel out for a Trailtech GPS unit instead. But the T7 has ABS and the ABS shutoff button is on the damn instrument panel. So, I'm stuck with it. 

The KTM does have a great suspension, but I will revalve/respring the front forks and probably replace the rear shock and then the T7 will be just as good if not better by the time I'm done. And still for at least 3-4 thousand dollars less. 

I just called my dealer again and got my claim number, I guess my dealer was done with all thier preorders before the system crashed. The reservation numbers were too long so they tried to make them shorter right away and it worked out.  My dealer got claim numbers for all 5 of their preorder bikes. I got #1. Stoked. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Congrats to all who got their orders in. Happy days ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got my phone call! I've ordered all the small things(Guards, USB, fender, etc) for the new bike. Still can't find springs yet though.

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

Talked to my dealer just now and received an email from them with claim #. They also mentioned they spoke with the Yamaha regional rep and got a verbal from him. I feel relieved.

Why did Yamaha have to make this harder than it needed to be? Me thinks that they wanted the fight for the first wave of machines, we WANT the Tenere, we'll be good ambassadors of the bike. Don't know about you all, in my circle of riding buddies they are very excited for this bike and want to see how see goes. Word of mouth sells.

• Like 1

All I've gotten so far is a verbal from my dealer that he had the Yamaha rep take care of everything. No call, no email from Yamaha, nothing. 

Making me NERVOUS

2 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

All I've gotten so far is a verbal from my dealer that he had the Yamaha rep take care of everything. No call, no email from Yamaha, nothing. 

Making me NERVOUS

I got the same response pretty much.

Fear not.

Had a great ride with Linda today taking photos as part of The Grand Tour of Texas we are participating in. Got in a Hotel room before the afternoon thunderstorms rolled in.  

Checking my email a few minutes ago and low and behold a PDF of my Claim number.

Life is good.

• Like 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750